What if Raids became Dungeons?

Hey there,

I know this is very weird and maybe unlikely, but I am curious to find out what you think - What if Raids became Dungeons?

This way, Raids could be played as a 5-man content with its own currency. In my opinion Raids already function lime Dungeons but are just more challenging and strict in terms if playerbase. What if the dungeon formule was applied to Raids? Do you think it could help or not?I got myself a full set of Legendary Armor back when there were 4 Wings. Currently, I can't see myself doing Raids again due to the time limitations and the overall experience that players give.

To put it simple - Dunegons and Raids

There could be 2 variations of said Raids. The Dungeon-like imstances and the Raid ones.

1. The rewards in Dungeon mode would be limited, so in order to get to the full pool of rewards, you'd still have to go to the actual Raid-mode.

2. Another option, would be to make Dungeon rewards a half of Raid rewards or even a third. This way, people could get their loot more accessible but it would take 2-3 times longer, no matter what. There still would be a daily / weekly limit.What about the KP's? Dungeon-like raids would be the way to start your journey with actual raiding (if you wanted to). You could obtain the KP's from Dungeons and go into Raid-mode in order to get the full rewards.

In my opinion, Raids are less accessible than they used to be and even though they are more about challange, they still hold a good chunk of story. I don't want to trivialize the GW2's content as I already think that it's all to easy. But everyone who raided knows that it isn't always easy to find 9 other people that are skilled enough to get through a wing relatively smooth.

What do you think?

Doubling / tripling the time to achieve rewards but cutting requirements by half?

Applying Dungeon-formule to Raids?

Please no. Raids are meant to be challenging. The raid-specific drops should be challenging to get. There’s no reason to make it easily accessible. Using LFG tool rarely takes more than 10 minutes to fill a group, and usually it’s under 5.

The skill issue is the reason raids exist. It’s not casual PvE. It’s meant to be challenging and for people with higher skill level. Honestly the GW2 raids are still easy overall. There’s a few encounters that are challenging but in general GW2 is an easy game and the raids are some of the easiest of all MMOs.

@Aizza.4950 said:Please no. Raids are meant to be challenging. The raid-specific drops should be challenging to get. There’s no reason to make it easily accessible. Using LFG tool rarely takes more than 10 minutes to fill a group, and usually it’s under 5.

The skill issue is the reason raids exist. It’s not casual PvE. It’s meant to be challenging and for people with higher skill level. Honestly the GW2 raids are still easy overall. There’s a few encounters that are challenging but in general GW2 is an easy game and the raids are some of the easiest of all MMOs.

Well, I really understand it. Seriously. The point would be to make raids more accessible time-wise. Because we can both agree that in order to find a relatively good PUG, you first have to go through a lot of pain to get there. I've been there myself and got the Armor but as I have less time I struggle to find groups on the go.

I think the best solution, without hurting the present playerbase, would be to make Raids a 5-man content. But I guess I decided to go further on this. It's just an idea and I get it's controversial, but the challenging content would be just as challenging and rewarding as it currently is. The more accessible one would slow you down a lot.

You'd be making about 30% of current progress via Dungeon-raids.

I don’t think raids are inaccessible though. I took my WvW guild and rounded up 9 people and taught them wing 1 and we cleared it within a week. I think they’re too easy. This group that I literally just taught raid mechanics and builds to 7/10 of them can now clear wing 1 in 2 hours.

@Aizza.4950 said:I don’t think raids are inaccessible though. I took my WvW guild and rounded up 9 people and taught them wing 1 and we cleared it within a week. I think they’re too easy. This group that I literally just taught raid mechanics and builds to 7/10 of them can now clear wing 1 in 2 hours.

And here we have the problem mate, I would think 90% of the people who want to clear raids dont want to sped 2 hours on 1 wing even when they are newbies.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Aizza.4950 said:I don’t think raids are inaccessible though. I took my WvW guild and rounded up 9 people and taught them wing 1 and we cleared it within a week. I think they’re too easy. This group that I literally just taught raid mechanics and builds to 7/10 of them can now clear wing 1 in 2 hours.

And here we have the problem mate, I would think 90% of the people who want to clear raids dont want to sped 2 hours on 1 wing even when they are newbies.

2 hours for a wing? Damn, tho tbf wing one is one of the harder wings.

For all we know raids probably are dungeons and that's why we're no longer getting new 'dungeons.' They took something away from the game, expanded it for more than five players, then re-branded it as 'something new.' Isn't as though that hasn't happened before in this game.

@Linken.6345 said:

Then that's just not the content for them.

I don't wanna run around for hours on end just to get 3v1'd or have a laggy zergfight against a Necro/FB squad. So I don't play WvW.

@Iozeph.5617 said:For all we know raids probably are dungeons and that's why we're no longer getting new 'dungeons.' They took something away from the game, expanded it for more than five players, then re-branded it as 'something new.' Isn't as though that hasn't happened before in this game.

Raids are very distinct in design from Dungeons. It's not just 10 player Dungeons, and due to mechanics design you also can't just scale them down to 5 player content.

Id much rather see Story instances be turned into Dungeons, as those assets and environments are already made and would just have to be repopulated with encounters designed for 5 players, of which the game clearly needs more of.As in after completing the respective story, it opens up a Dungeon on the map if applicable (see Fahranur), which can then be replayed for various rewards.

Let Raids be Raids, they are actually really good that way, for those who can and want to put in the effort.

@Linken.6345 said:

And here we have the problem mate, I would think 90% of the people who want to clear raids dont want to sped 2 hours on 1 wing even when they are newbies.Then honestly, they should not raid. You have to learn to be good at WvW, you have to learn to get good at sPvP, so why not raids ?

@GoldenPants.1870 said:

And here we have the problem mate, I would think 90% of the people who want to clear raids dont want to sped 2 hours on 1 wing even when they are newbies.Then honestly, they should not raid. You have to learn to be good at WvW, you have to learn to get good at sPvP, so why not raids ?

You uh..dont have to learn to be good at WVW. You can pretty much get everything In WVW just by running around and capturing camps.TBH though, i wont be surprised if future raids are easier in nature so more players attempt them.

@Linken.6345 said:

Did you just understand me

@Krzysztof.5973 said:What If raids became raids? Raids that are actual challenging endgame?More Dynamic Raid would be great , not punching bag bosses

@Vlad Filen.8049 said:

Did you just understand me

I dont know, this comment seem rather odd just on its own =)

@Xar.6279 said:Actually it already happened. Doing current raids feels like doing dungeons in the past. It's just another farm fiesta. No challengies.

You want a challenge? Offer to raid train people, there is your challenge. The whole problem with raid content is anet wont develop it much because only a small part of the player base does it. Most people are too intimidated to step foot in a raid. If the raid community dont want to die out and wants new people to come in, showing anet there is a interest there, then mentor. I know some do, but the community needs to have patience and teach new raiders. Personally im new to raiding in gw2 , but not new to raiding. Everyone has to start somewhere, and this meme that raiding is for ultra elites and you have to give your every waking moment to it is false.

I wish more players would play in raids and wvw and even pvp because they are fun parts of the game, that can teach you how to play better.

@Zuldari.3940 said:

@Xar.6279 said:Actually it already happened. Doing current raids feels like doing dungeons in the past. It's just another farm fiesta. No challengies.

You want a challenge? Offer to raid train people, there is your challenge. The whole problem with raid content is anet wont develop it much because only a small part of the player base does it. Most people are too intimidated to step foot in a raid. If the raid community dont want to die out and wants new people to come in, showing anet there is a interest there, then mentor. I know some do, but the community needs to have patience and teach new raiders. Personally im new to raiding in gw2 , but not new to raiding. Everyone has to start somewhere, and this meme that raiding is for ultra elites and you have to give your every waking moment to it is false.

I wish more players would play in raids and wvw and even pvp because they are fun parts of the game, that can teach you how to play better.

I was training people for around 3 years