Predictions for LW preview on Aug 30

My predictions:

• new masteries (obviously)
  • new Elite Specializations
  • some new features like actual player housing, fishing, or other requested features
  • more integrated maps and story, made possible by....
  • season pass that be purchased from gemstore or from a retailer. This gives guaranteed unlocks for entire season plus HoT/PoF if they are not currently owned. Could also include some other gemstore items such as character slots, 80 boosts, and skins. Players who own both HoT/PoF would be able to unlock episodes for free, but since the episodes will be more integrated, if they miss a free unlock, they will be required to buy the season pass--possibly at a prorated cost to take into account existing episodes that are already unlocked.

I think the last item is very likely, as they will need some new way to monetize the game if they are no longer selling expansions.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@zealex.9410 said:Hype is only bad if whats shown doesnt live up to it and if the devs dont set proper expectations.Sure. On the other hand, considering that i keep seeing posts by people fully expecting for the announcement to be about a new expansion, or at least ls containing every single thing they would want to see in an expansion, i'm reasonably certain that this announcement will indeed not live up to the hype.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Hype is only bad if whats shown doesnt live up to it and if the devs dont set proper expectations.Sure. On the other hand, considering that i keep seeing posts by people fully expecting for the announcement to be about a new expansion, or at least ls containing every single thing they would want to see in an expansion, i'm reasonably certain that this announcement will indeed
not
live up to the hype.

I mean, anet has been rather clear on what they are hyping. Living world STORY. If you go there expecting an expansion or them to talk about anything else then either wait until more info is shared or level your expecations based on things they shared so far in regards to the announcement.

I believe the Anet have set the expectations.

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Hype is only bad if whats shown doesnt live up to it and if the devs dont set proper expectations.Sure. On the other hand, considering that i keep seeing posts by people fully expecting for the announcement to be about a new expansion, or at least ls containing every single thing they would want to see in an expansion, i'm reasonably certain that this announcement will indeed
not
live up to the hype.

I mean, anet has been rather clear on what they are hyping. Living world
STORY
. If you go there expecting an expansion or them to talk about anything else then either wait until more info is shared or level your expecations based on things they shared so far in regards to the announcement.

The issue is somebody made a video(not an anet person) and people are believe everything in it. Its dumb i know, but its happening.

@Dante.1763 said:

not
live up to the hype.

STORY
. If you go there expecting an expansion or them to talk about anything else then either wait until more info is shared or level your expecations based on things they shared so far in regards to the announcement.

The issue is somebody made a video(not an anet person) and people are believe everything in it. Its dumb i know, but its happening.

U got a link?

@Dante.1763 said:

not
live up to the hype.

STORY

All I can say is that in almost every successful MMO an expansion at this stage would not be a pie in the sky expectation, so to berate those that feel this way just goes to prove how little the community is willing to accept. No expansion in my mind is a clear sign that this group needs to be changed out because they've either lost their love and zest for the franchise or their management team has, either way it's not good news for the player base.It's completely acceptable for excited fans to want more and if the announcements don't live up to those expectations it's nobody's fault but Anet's. How quickly people seem to forget that this game was basically put on life support while other projects were pushed to the forefront, and if that is acceptable to you than I fear you're part of the problem. Any company would be more than happy to accept the lowest of expectations if they felt they could still be profitable, so if LW is all we get, who's fault is that?

@Vlad Morbius.1759 said:

not
live up to the hype.

STORY

All I can say is that in almost every successful MMO an expansion at this stage would not be a pie in the sky expectation, so to berate those that feel this way just goes to prove how little the community is willing to accept. No expansion in my mind is a clear sign that this group needs to be changed out because they've either lost their love and zest for the franchise or their management team has, either way it's not good news for the player base.It's completely acceptable for excited fans to want more and if the announcements don't live up to those expectations it's nobody's fault but Anet's. How quickly people seem to forget that this game was basically put on life support while other projects were pushed to the forefront, and if that is acceptable to you than I fear you're part of the problem. Any company would be more than happy to accept the lowest of expectations if they felt they could still be profitable, so if LW is all we get, who's fault is that?

Hey im not berating anyone, just pointing something out! I agree that an expansion wouldn't be unusual for other developers, and who knows maybe they -are- working on one! Only time will tell~

It'll be interesting to see what the announcement will contain gamewise. Lorewise I have a few predictions/speculations based on hints we've received previously:

It was stated in the Guild Chat for War Eternal that Season 5 plot would be pulling back and be less about world-ending threats (unless plans had somehow changed since that statement, which would be odd as technically Season 5 Episode 1 should've been in production since sometime after S4Ep4 which had launched on 18 September 2018 so the plot would already be set in stone; even with the February events and summer vacations the episode would've basically been in development for about a year now, and back in S4 days it took approximately 9 months to for one team to make an episode from scratch as revealed in one of the AMAs), at least at first. We also got some answers where it was suggested that norn and charr would see some development soon, and then there are the Dragon Bash NPCs and Suspicious Travelers, and that_shaman's tweets about some tweaks to e.g. kodan models. Rytlock's Requiem story as well as a few NPCs referenced Bangar Ruinbringer and Blood Legion lore. Overseer Kuda appeared with very major hints to her identity likely being Kudu's daughter and continuing his research on controllable and in one case crosscorrupted dragon minions, plus she escaped unscathed with our combat data. Devs also mentioned that Nika Futterman already has an adult voice in mind for Aurene which was scrapped from War Eternal, and that we get to hear that voice once Aurene returns to the story.

As such, assuming that they also intend to follow up on Kuda's story and she wasn't just some very elaborate reference back to personal story and dungeon Inquest antics, I could see the plot go something as follows:

1) Jormag and the Far Shiverpeaks

While Jormag is recovering under ice (he seems to be in a similar paralyzed feeding state Kralkatorrik was in in War Eternal except obviously less physically damaged), his champions such as Drakkar are working on speeding up his recovery so he can rise faster. We may end up have to face Drakkar and various Sons and growing number of female followers of Jormag in a showdown to stop his ambitions and stall Jormag's awakening.

If we're going to venture deep into the north, I expect/hope that we'll also run into Knut's adventuring and badass wife Gaerta Whitebear, the Bane of Lies (and thus a direct opponent to Jormag's temptations and promises of power), who may initiate our trek by arriving in Hoelbrak with dire news and a request for help. Whether the mysterious new norn Anja who was seen fighting alongside the PoF trailer Commander placeholder Duncan in the Dragonbash Arena, appears in this storyline remains to be seen, but I wouldn't put it past the writers to tease the appearance of a new character this way just like they teased Kasmeer during the Season 1 Southsun episodes, or Canach in Lost Shores event.

Based on the kodan model updates we should be running into some stranded kodan along the way too, and I'd love to discover more jotun lore about their ancient astrology as well as their studies on how the birth of stars seems to correspond with Elder Dragon awakenings as Aurene's ascension will no doubt shake the constellations in some way now that she's become a kind of star to guide us.

Aside from Drakkar, I would like to see some prominent norn villainess siding with Jormag (after the tease from Dragonbash female norn claiming that one day the Sons will acknowledge her superiority in the eyes of Jormag) and us fighting actually scary and intelligent Sons of Svanir and Icebrood rather than the one-minded brutes we've mostly been dealing with since personal story. I would also be overjoyed if we saw the return of norn shamanism and mysticism, which devs did tease in the Lore Q&A about potentially delving into norn shapeshifting abilities. I'd love to see norn villains unrelated to Jormag's threat such as showing us the darker side of the Spirits' teachings as we did with the child-sacrificing Raven witch Vilnia Shadowsong who curiously enough did survive our encounter with her and could potentially return with her Nightmare Courtier apprentice Noxia as I enjoyed their chemistry and banter and the seriously dark and disturbing undertones surrounding their past and the event they're fought in (a mesmer and necromancer working together, brr!). Depending on how ambitious this Shiverpeaks storyline and shamanism teases gets, we might even get to learn what happened to the lost Spirits Eagle, Dolyak/Ox, and Wolverine (who had fought against Jormag alongside Owl to buy the norn time to flee south) and if they've somehow been corrupted by Jormag to explain why their havrouns sense a strange emptiness which they can't quite understand but which seems to be different from the confirmed death of Owl.

2) Bangar Ruinbringer and Blood Legion Homelands

The recent Lore Q&A seemed to heavily suggest that Rytlock's reluctance to share his experience in the Mists with charr leaders, his arrest, temporary demotion and reinstatement of rank, and tribunal in the Black Citadel may not have been initiated by Iron Imperator Smodur (who, while he was curious to learn about Rytlock's Mist adventures, seems to be a good friend of Rytlock and wouldn't resort to such drastic methods, and Rytlock likewise seems to respect him in return) but by Blood Imperator Bangar who would have the right to order a Blood tribune like Rytlock around and even coerce Smodur to send the Adamant Guard to arrest Rytlock. The NPC Wyrh Arrowbreak was added to the Riftstalker events in Core Tyria and has dialogue specifically referencing Bangar, while "Requiem: Rytlock" short story gave us our first deeper glimpse into Bangar's personality with the way he treated Rytlock. Given devs' desire to expand on both norn and charr stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if Season 5 will be kind of "Eye of the North lite" in that it takes us not only to Far Shiverpeaks but Blood Legion Homelands too like that GW1 expansion did. Whether we get to explore the Depths and expand on asuran lore too like EotN did remains to be seen, though. I just hope that if Bangar eventually ends up becoming a villain, he won't be treated as an ever-angry Balthazar 2.0 or Gaheron Baelfire 2.0. While he certainly promotes brutality, hates humans, distrusts the other imperators and is prone to rage, the short story at least showed him to be a cunning leader, strategist and politician and hopefully it'll give at least Blood Legion charr players a chance to sympathize with some of his views about the true nature of charr and creature serious moral conflict for every Blood Legion charr player and NPC as they'd be torn about following their imperator's orders and deciding to rebel against the established system and go up against their fellow Blood brothers and sisters in arms. I'd love to see Bangar reach out to the human-hating Iron Tribune Fume Brighteye and plot with her to remove Smodur from power (or just injure Smodur enough in an "accident" so he's unable to act when Fume tries to wrestle temporary leadership of Iron Legion for herself during the Imperator's recovery) so Fume can become a prominent Iron officer feeling sympathetic towards Bangar's cause. I'm all for a female charr villain to enter the story, and Fume actually has a rather sympathetic backstory which explains her hatred of humans, so she could be a relatable antagonist in the Bangar saga and cause division among Iron ranks as I imagine one third of Iron would support her alliance with Bangar while two thirds of Iron would likely not want to jeopardize the treaty with humans after it's been so profitable to them.

I could see so many juicy stories rising from this problematic scenario, starting from a potential starcrossed Romeo and Juliet story featuring the fan favorite tsundere charr couple Galina Edgecrusher and Snarl Backdraft. Imagine if Galina, being a loyal Blood officer, naturally sided with Bangar in the insurrection, while Snarl is forced to follow the commands of his Ash Imperator Malice. If Galina became a seriously dangerous general on the enemy side, Malice might instruct us and Snarl to go on a convert ops mission to assassinate Galina to reduce Blood effectiveness in this civil war, and both Galina and Snarl would be torn because they genuinely love each other but can't not obey the commands of their superiors due to the charr military discipline, so they'll come to blows. This would be a way of "humanizing" the legion rivalry concept and show us the tragedy of the single-minded military structure of Central Tyria charr, especially if the love story ended tragically with Galina ultimately dying in Snarl's arms, or if they both die Romeo and Juliet style while we, the Commander, grieve their loss and the senseless brutality of this unneeded conflict...unless there was a way to prevent the tragedy from occurring and give the couple (and their potential cubs) a happy ending; personally I'd prefer the weight of a tragic ending for the starcrossed lovers even though I'd grieve the loss of some of my favorite charr NPCs, but war is war, and we need to see the cost of it.

The Rytlock story also curiously introduced us to his old flame Crecia, and how Rytlock has multiple cubs (with unknown mothers) with the eldest being a son serving in the Legions. I could see a tragic turn of events where both Crecia and Rytlock's son remain loyal to Bangar, so Rytlock will have to go against his former potential girlfriend and his beloved son while trying to snap them out of following Bangar's ambitions while the pair would view Rytlock's rebellion as a treasonous act against Blood hierarchy. Interestingly the story also painted a rather sad picture of Rytlock distancing himself from his once close Stone Warband, each of whom are now in prominent leadership roles in the Blood Legion, as success with Sohothin and his growing fame went to his head. I'd love to see the members of the Stone Warband appear as prominent generals under Bangar with sympathetic qualities and while we may end up facing some of them in combat, we might get to make amends between Rytlock and some of his more sensible bandmates as Rytlock would likely feel guilt over neglecting his brothers and sisters for so long. I could imagine Logan finally getting his revenge on Rytlock teasing him (see e.g. their Dragonfall banter with Rytlock calling Logan soft) by light-heartedly teasing Rytlock about being a deadbeat dad all this time, or if Logan teases Rytlock about acting foolishly in the presence of the beautiful Crecia (similar to how Snarl reacted to his crush Galina in the personal story while trying to act tough). I'd also like to see the reaction from the Stone Warband to a human like Logan carrying a Blood Legion ornament which Rytlock ritualistically gave to him during the events of Edge of Destiny to mark him as a kind of honorary Stone Warband member and thus his brother in blood, and the disgust and curiosity the Stone Warbandmates would show towards Rytlock having abandoned them for a human bestie. So much juicy drama and jokes can be derived from this to balance the more serious subject matter a potential Cogs of War scenario with the Blood Legion insurrection... :)

Rox's story is also unfinished. Back in Season 2 there was the admittedly obscure but still relevant mystery surrounding Rox's actions in Camp Resolve, who she was spying on for someone in the Imperator's office (and why she lied about her mission to the Commander with only the charr Commander catching her lie and yet this whole incident was brushed over as the Commander was more focused on retrieving Glint's egg at the time), and what her relation was to the enigmatic charr Monti Scythescrape (whose name we only learn if we play charr, by the way!) who didn't seem to hold Rox in high regard despite seemingly sharing a past with her, and how Monti acted in an openly hostile manner towards the Commander and was only brought in line if the Commander was a charr who questioned him about his identity, rank and affiliation. We never learned why the charr Commander couldn't recognize Monti's armor, which suggests Monti might've been an undercover agent for someone. Given Monti's red armor, it'd be nice to retroactively connect this spy plot with Bangar as we did see Rox asking us an awful many questions about if we'd heard from Rytlock since his disappearance in the Mists (and Rytlock would later be arrested in Season 3 after his return), and we know from "Requiem: Rytlock" that Bangar does use his Blood Legionnaires as spies to keep an eye on enemy activities like he sent Rytlock and Crecia to the Flame Legion as undercover agents in the past. Perhaps Rox's shady past as a free agent comes back to haunt her in the form of Monti who might be acting under orders from Bangar who may or may not have plans for the Olmakhan, thus forcing Rox to end her peaceful life in Atholma and return once more to the fray with possibly opposing the Stone Warband which she ironically did want to join back in Season 1. I'd certainly love the narrative irony of it, and I'd love it if Rox came clean about lying to the Commander and why she did so back in Season 2 days.

3) Overseer Kuda and Inquest shenanigans

In the Specimen Chamber meta on Sandswept Isles we were introduced to the curious new Inquest officer Kuda who appears to be continuing Kudu's research on controllable and in some cases crosscorrupted dragon minions. She was using Kralkatorrik's new Mind spectrum abilities to synchronize these minions to fight as one entity albeit it came with the drawback of two minions sharing the same health pool somehow (as seen in the final dual boss in the meta). She did survive the encounter and got our combat data to improve her minions, and we only ever defeated simulacra (aka clones) of the real minions, so we've yet to find the real minions. Kuda oddly has Zojja's facial features and appears to be the daughter of Kudu, Zojja's archenemy. If Zojja is to ever return to the story now that Kralkatorrik has been dealt with, it should be to stop the ambitions of her enemy's daughter, especially if Kuda combines Kudu's crosscorruption stuff, Snaff's discoveries, and Operative Belka and Brie's dominating device research from Arah explorable's mursaat path (look e.g. at the device strapped to the chest of the Dominated Deadeye to turn this Risen into an Inquest slave) to produce a mixed and controlled dragon minion army or even attempt to enslave Aurene or the other Elder Dragons under her will. Imagine an amoral asura wielding the power of an Elder Dragon and forcing rival dragon minions under her will too as a true Overseer with asuran intellect; Kuda could become a serious threat to Tyria if left unchecked.

Just as curiously the Specimen Chamber meta introduced us to Subject Beta, a crosscorrupted minion which seems to be the successor of Subject Alpha from Crucible of Eternity explorable. I hope we see this crosscorrupted minion return someday as we only defeated its simulacrum, and if we even saw the return of Alpha himself who was shown escaping with his last essence after he had been defeated for the last time in CoE. If Alpha somehow managed to slip away before the facility was shut down by the dungeon runners, it could theoretically thrive in the wild and continue to evolve in power and intellect while slowly coercing rival dragon minions to work under it with it acting as "pack alpha". I always found it curious how Alpha could command rival dragon minions to work as a single army, so he could potentially become a seventh Elder Dragon type of creature if allowed to evolve. As unlikely as him returning is, I'd love to see Alpha as a wildcard villain whose motivations we're unsure of and who could be just as likely to aid us against the other dragons and Kuda as he could be opposing or manipulating us for his own ends. Imagine a unique dragon champion freed from compulsions of all the dragons and who is seeking perfection by assimilating more knowledge and power in his never-ending thirst for wisdom to understand his place in the world.

There's also a third point for hopeful Inquest involvement in the future: Blish and Gorrik were both Inquest before they conveniently decided to join our side once Rata Primus had been compromised. Their Inquest connection hasn't been brought up since, but we know from core Tyria lore that Inquest don't look kindly to defectors, especially if the defectors are talented. It should only be a matter of time before Kuda or some other Inquest operative will reach out to Gorrik and remind him of his mortality; maybe Kuda even has the means to cure Taimi's disease somehow and blackmails Gorrik into becoming her spy in Dragon's Watch in exchange for helping him save his beloved Taimi.

4) What I'd also like to see

The following plots are less likely to see addressed, but here's what I'd also like to see if some of the above three predictions come true:

• Bangar potentially seeking one of the four remaining Bloodstones (one could be conveniently found in Ascalon as the locations of two of the stones is still unknown) with some plans to use its power to give him an edge against the two other legions and their allies.
  • The fate of Menzies being revealed and who has succeeded Balthazar as the new deity of conflict. I'd love it if Menzies had somehow fooled Balthazar into believing he was dead, and took the guise of a charr oracle to become Bangar's advisor and goad him to go to war as part of his complex scheme to have his revenge on the Commander and Aurene for killing Balthazar before he had the chance to, and to use the war as a means to take Aurene's power (which is partly derived from Balthazar) for himself so he can go hunt down Balthazar's successor in the Mists and finish his long vendetta at long last. Would be fun if Balthy's successor was GW1 hero which would explain why the Hero vanished into obscurity, never became a candidate for Vlast's champion and why the Hero never acted against Joko, saved Koss, Tahlkora and Elona, or prevented Cantha's fall into xenophobic dictatorship.
  • Potential Flame Legion involvement. While we did cut off the head of the snake when we crushed Imperator Baelfire and killed some of his tribunes and other acolytes, there should theoretically still be four Flame tribunes out there (if Flame has as many tribunes as Iron) that we may have to deal with. I'd love the irony if one of these Flame splinter groups had accepted brave Flame females into its ranks and presented itself as an atoning faction to aid us against Bangar's renegade Blood Legion...even if it could be ultimately revealed that this progressive Flame splinter group was just an act and its tribune is just using us and Bangar to get rid of competition so he can ascend as the new Flame Imperator with the other splinter groups out of the way. I wouldn't mind a genuine change of heart, though, as I'd love to see some Flame allies fighting by my side, and I'd LOVE to see dialogue between the atoning Flame Legionnaires and the apprehensive Olmakhan and these two groups finally befriending one another after their sad past which had caused the initial rift between them.
  • The cleansing of the Foefire, Adelbern and Barradin's redemption, return of Magdaer, and the quest for the rightful heir of Ascalon being tied to the Blood Legion insurrection arc. I could write an entire post just on this subject alone, but basically it'd be nice to see the prophecy of cleansing the Foefire be fulfilled by utilizing three heroes in a symbolic way in the ritual which could be revealed to need three artifacts all along rather than the two Rytlock assumed: Logan wielding the reforged Magdaer (once he hopefully gets it) to represent Ascalon's human past, Rytlock wielding Sohothin to represent Ascalon's charr present, and the heir wielding King Adelbern's magical crown to represent Ascalon's hopeful and atoning future where humans and charr can truly live in peace without the ambitions of Flame Legion or Bangar threatening the alliance. It would be wonderful to cleanse the madness of the Foefire ghosts and us somehow convincing the mentally freed Adelbern and Barradin to repent and atone for their actions, possibly with the assistance of their children Prince Rurik and Lady Althea who we may seek out in the Mists, and we could see Adelbern and Barradin sacrifice themselves to defend Black Citadel from Bangar's invasion (as a nice twist to their previous charr-hating ways that led to the Searing, Althea's death and ultimately the Foefire) while Rurik and Adelbern forgive one another and Rurik and Althea get their happy ever after as a married ghost couple and become the new rightful leaders of the now aimless redeemed Ascalonian ghosts who can finally disperse into the Mists to have their eternal peace. Would love to have a Return of the King type of Minas Tirith ending moment where, like King Aragorn and humans did to the hobbits, the Foefire ghosts applaud as the Heir of Ascalon fulfills the prophecy and they leave Ascalon in the capable hands of charr and humans as a new, prosperous era begins for all of Ascalon.

The ghost arc could potentially paraphrase fateful narration from Guild Wars Prophecies about the last day dawning on Ascalon if Black Citadel is threatened with destruction in a major battle:

"The last day dawns on the Kingdom of Ascalon."
"It arrives with no fanfare, no tolling of alarms."
"Those who will remember, will speak fondly of the warm morning breeze."
"People carry on with their daily lives, unaware that in a short while . . ."
"Everything they have ever known will come to an end."

The arc could end with the inspiring text of the King's Watch monument where previous Ascalonian kings had been crowned and which would be thematically fitting for the ghost redemption arc if, like King Doric in the past, it's King Adelbern's this time noble rather than selfish sacrifice that saves not only charr but the future of Ascalon:

To endure is greater than to dare;
To keep heart when all have lost it;
To forego even one's own life when the end is gained;
Who can say this is not greatness?
On this site, more than one hundred years prior, the first king of the new Republic of Ascalon was crowned. It was dedicated, on this, the ninety-fifth day of the year, in the Season of the Phoenix, in honor of the passing of the greatest of all kings. This stone stands in memory to the first of all sons of Ascalon, King Doric. For it is through his sacrifice that we now live on. May his blood have been spilled for the good of all.

I look forward to finding out what kind of plot we'll get to experience in Season 5. I'm not expecting a complex multi-thread narrative with lengthy character development as the budget won't allow for such, but I imagine we'll at least get decent storytelling like we've seen so far throughout GW2's lifespan. I'd be happy if even a fraction of what I wrote here found it into the game in some form or another, as Tyria is so rich with lore with all these unresolved and potential plots that can be expanded on for great drama. :)

@Kossage.9072 said:Firstly, congratulations for writing a wall of texts, nice reflexions/ideas you have there! :D 1) and 2) nothing to add.

3) I'm also perturbed by the fact that no operatives at inquest is worrying about the fall of Rata Primus and escape of Gorrik. Logs registered everything, and they know that he barricaded himself and fled. Somebody should ask accounts, punishing severely/killing everybody who survived the self-destruct. Plus the current treason of gorrik, or the interesting idea that he is playing double game, giving information about us to them. Kuda can be developed yes.

4) I'm also interested by the bloodstones and further development of menzies.

If we are going after Jormag again then I really wonder how this is going to play out.Braham and his little band of followers nearly killed him on their own, and would have succeeded if Taimi's Machine hadn't put him back to sleep.So he can't be all that powerful.

And now that Aurene is back, we once again have a receptacle for excess magic so we can kill Elder Dragons again without the world ending. Aurene is an Elder Dragon now too, one with the power of both Kralkatorrik, Balthazar, Mordremoth and Zhaitan. She can probably kill Jormag by just breathing on him. Even before she got all this power, she blew off one of Kralk's wings with a single blast and on top of that, she's immortal, even if Jormag manages to kill her, she will just get back up.

I think the writers have made Aurene far too powerful, it basically turned the Elder Dragon threat into a joke.

@hugo.4705 said:Yeah Aurene is too powered, seriously, she breaths, she destroy one ENTIRE wing of kralkatorrik... no need to chase dragons, Aurene can do it alone.

That’s ‘cause we aren’t chasing dragons anymore. Don’t know why everyone has jumped to the conclusion that, because we might be going to Far Shiverpeaks, we are going to face more dragons.

@Mortifera.6138 said:

@hugo.4705 said:Yeah Aurene is too powered, seriously, she breaths, she destroy one ENTIRE wing of kralkatorrik... no need to chase dragons, Aurene can do it alone.

That’s ‘cause we aren’t chasing dragons anymore. Don’t know why everyone has jumped to the conclusion that, because we might be going to Far Shiverpeaks, we are going to face more dragons.

The Far Shiverpeaks hints seem to be more focused on the Sons of Svanir and them gaining followers and getting ready for something. There were also datamined updates to icebrood enemies. Since those are both Jormag's followers/minions, it can probably be assumed that at least part of S5 and/or whatever follows will involve Jormag to some degree. Could be we end up facing Jormag directly in S5/whatevers next, or we just keep him asleep until we do deal with him directly later.

I do agree that Aurene is too OP atm and hopefully they won't just resort to Aurene ex machina for dealing with the remaining elder dragons, or more likely, Aurene will just be sent away to deal with some mcguffin while we're dealing with the immediate threat. Another thing they could possibly pull off is to give the other elder dragons resistance to Aurene's magic, similar to how Kralk was vulnerable to it, so she can still help but not steal our thunder in the fight.

I just want to add that when Aurene cut off Kralk's wing, we had just blasted him repeatedly with a mix of a Dredge Sonic tech and Crystal magic designed to resonate with his own crystal structure. I think the whole point of that was to literally shake him apart, so to speak. So he was probably very weak all over, including his joints, when Aurene starting blasting him.

@Kossage.9072 said:It'll be interesting to see what the announcement will contain gamewise. Lorewise I have a few predictions/speculations based on hints we've received previously: [...]

I wish all that detailed lore was actually implemented into the storyplay, adding a rich atmosphere and depth to the game, instead of stuff one had to read up outside of the game (books, Requiem, Wiki). You are expecting too much from what the devs are willing to expend upon in-game, I'm afraid.

@"Vlad Morbius.1759" said:How quickly people seem to forget that this game was basically put on life support while other projects were pushed to the forefront, and if that is acceptable to you than I fear you're part of the problem.It's not acceptable for me. The point is, however, that it's exactly the people that still have hope for wonders to come that let Anet get away with it. There's a number of players that have no idea how bad the situation is, because there are those that are loudly and wilfully ignoring reality, painting a picture for others that is much nicer than what it really is. You have one person mentioning "incoming expansion announcement", and a ton of other players is going to actualy believe that. And if you bring up the fact that the expansion is almost certainly not coming, others will start talking how the new LS is going to have everything you would ever want in expansion. And again, a lot of players are going to believe that it is something Anet not only promised (spoiler: they didn't) but are actually going to deliver.

Yes, the announcement will likely be a rude awakening (but then see "expansion-level LS" mentions), and the next LS (and what comes after) will likely be a shower of cold water as well, but for many reality will catch up only a year or two from now. And that means the pressure on Anet to do something about it will be delayed by those 2 years (and by then it will likely be way too late for anything).

Any company would be more than happy to accept the lowest of expectations if they felt they could still be profitable, so if LW is all we get, who's fault is that?It's not fault of those that expect less. It's the fault of those that don't believe it will be less. It's not those with more pessimistic expectations that keep buying from gemshop. It's not them that are generating hype and persuading others that it's not as bad as it seems.

@Alin.2468 said:I think they will simply announce a new expansion. That date is also a GW2 anniversary celebration, a perfect moment to announce a new expansion and giveaway some prepurchase codes.

That's my hope, too, although I'm trying not to hope too much, because I don't want to be disappointed if it actually is the LS 5.