The Shining Blade sound effects bug — Guild Wars 2 Forums

The Shining Blade sound effects bug

I recently made The Shining Blade and on the character i have equiped it,everytime i mount/dismount the sound effect from pulling out/hidding the shining blade is playing.Is that normal? because it's getting really annoying hearing that all the time

Comments

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

I never noticed this before lol

I've tried my other weapons and none of them played any sounds. It must be the combat animations that want to trigger or something. It's a very minor issue though if I haven't noticed in the few months I have the weapon now

Bite me.

• My other legendary weapons don't do that,just the shining blade,so i was wondering if something is wrong with that one.

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Shocky.8510 said:
    My other legendary weapons don't do that,just the shining blade,so i was wondering if something is wrong with that one.

That is because most other legendary doesn't have noisy draw sounds.

Nevermore and Shooshadoo does the same.

Incinerator and HOPE's sounds are easily drowned out by the mount summoning sound and I don't have the ears or headphones to allow me to hear them separately.

The Shining Blade probably has the noisiest draw sound.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Shocky.8510 said:
    I recently made The Shining Blade and on the character i have equiped it,everytime i mount/dismount the sound effect from pulling out/hidding the shining blade is playing.Is that normal?

Unfortunately, yes. This is a bug that you get while gathering and doing various other tasks as well. Very annoying.

• Sad to hear that,i guess il end up lowering the effect volume a bit.

• Bump. Fix your game ANet.

Jumping off a mount =/= unsheathing your weapon.

• Shame that ANet still hasn't fixed this.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.