Need some tips for raid druid please

I know harriers is the thing, but i cant get that atm only a few pieces. So whats my next best choice, and what should i get with magnitite shards i have 823, what would be the best thing for the best performance increase to buy. What stat numbers am i looking to hit to be viable as in precision or boon duration. Are the weapons staff warhorn dagger? I am new to this but i want to do it right.

As druids u got 2 main jobs: healing (so u want healing power) and boons (so concentration)As druids u will have 2 situations :

1. Ur one of 2 druids and u need less boon duration
  2. Ur alone druid and ur supposed to give 25 might for 10 ppl - more and more ppl are lloking for druid + other healer so be prepared for this.I'm not sure how much bd u need to keep 25 might for 10 ppl tho

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:I am not very experianced druid but 50 percent boon duration is enough to keep boons solo in doublechrono comp. Dont know about fury in hybrid compositions.

If you are running hybrid comp, then you most likely have at least one FB (condi or power) or FB healer. In any case with FB in a squad fury is the least of your worries because of Axe symbol and FMW.

@ollbirtan.2915 said:

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:I am not very experianced druid but 50 percent boon duration is enough to keep boons solo in doublechrono comp. Dont know about fury in hybrid compositions.

If you are running hybrid comp, then you most likely have at least one FB (condi or power) or FB healer. In any case with FB in a squad fury is the least of your worries because of Axe symbol and FMW.

But in pugs you cannot be sure if FB has axe and not scepter

@Zuldari.3940 said:

@wanya.1697 said:you can train healing druide in spvp and choose a reward track which gives you onetime all stat selectable exotic armor e.g. glorious reward track

But im not a pvper, im not good at it and it takes forever for me to get a reward track finished in wvw even.

I have magi but the problem is my concentration is abysmal

You can do WvW reward tracks too which are pretty much time-based. Personal skill doesn’t really matter.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@wanya.1697 said:you can train healing druide in spvp and choose a reward track which gives you onetime all stat selectable exotic armor e.g. glorious reward track

But im not a pvper, im not good at it and it takes forever for me to get a reward track finished in wvw even.

You can do WvW reward tracks too which are pretty much time-based. Personal skill doesn’t really matter.

I know but i get run over in wvw, i cant fight my way out of a wet paper bag. But i do make good bait if you are looking to ambush someone lol

@Zuldari.3940 said:

I know but i get run over in wvw, i cant fight my way out of a wet paper bag. But i do make good bait if you are looking to ambush someone lol

You can complete reward tracks in WvW without running into any players. It just takes a little situational awareness.

There are generally two categories that I group things when it comes to maintaining WvW participation toward reward/skirmish tracks.

Active Participation is where you’re constantly doing something that benefits your server. Two examples would be:

• Follow along with a group/zerg
  • Move around the map killing enemy yaks and flipping camps

Passive Participation is what I consider someone that’s doing just enough to refresh the decay timer for participation and not really trying to benefit their server. Example of this would be:

• Flipping a camp every 7-10 min and then AFK’ing between flips.
  • Repairing a wall every 5 min and then AFK’ing between repairs.
  • Repairing a wall with a defend objective event active every 12-13 min while being AFK between repairs.
  • Damaging a tower or keep wall every 2 minutes whether being AFK between treb attacks. You could tape down the #2 skill but it’s likely against the TOS.

The above four will generally be frowned upon if players see you doing this. I advise not doing those.

You can also do the dailies but you’re not going to progress the reward track very quickly this way.

Assuming you want to raid more than Wing 5-7, you will require HoT for Wings 1-4 access.

Given HoT you will likely have access Living World Season 3, as such, use this:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_trinket

My personal recommendation:

• get a ring and accessoire from episode 3 (or backpack) since you can farm winterberries per character (and for Unbound Magic which is around 1.5-2k per full run per character)
  • amulett from episode 6, get people to let you mine their home instance which nets 9 pearls daily (instead of 3 from other nodes)
  • second ring (or backpiece) from episode 4
  • second accessoire from episode 2

That should be a good base setup for trinkets.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Assuming you want to raid more than Wing 5-7, you will require HoT for Wings 1-4 access.

Given HoT you will likely have access Living World Season 3, as such, use this:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_trinket

My personal recommendation:

• get a ring and accessoire from episode 3 (or backpack) since you can farm winterberries per character (and for Unbound Magic which is around 1.5-2k per full run per character)
  • amulett from episode 6, get people to let you mine their home instance which nets 9 pearls daily (instead of 3 from other nodes)
  • second ring (or backpiece) from episode 4
  • second accessoire from episode 2

That should be a good base setup for trinkets.

Just to add something, if you preffer you can spend a bit more gold (around 20g) and craft the Vial of Salt as an amulet instead of farming episode 6. And depending on how many chars you have i find it faster to get ring, accessory and backpack all from episode 3.

@Zuldari.3940 Interms of boon duration i think that awakened/mordant weapons, ascended harrier trinkets and concentration food is enought as a good start, with time, a bit of luck getting armor boxes and the magnitite shards you can start swapping the magi armor with harrier. Thats what i did with my druid.

FYI: awakened weapons cost around 20s (sellable on the TP) and are rare weapons with harrier stats. Mordant weapons cost a bit more (you need to craft them, its around 4g) and are exotic with harrier stats.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

But in pugs you cannot be sure if FB has axe and not scepter

Well, if you have a condi FB they must run Axe and scepter as default. (Condi quickbrand will run FMW on top) As for pQuickbrands, there are not so many of them around, but then again, they run FMW which is enough to cover fury for your sub. And if you stumble into a heal quickbrand in a PUG who doesn't run FMW then it's just better to /gg. Also, heal quickbrand runs axe by default, switching to mace only on certain encounters that require a lot of healing and protection/regen uptime.P.S. - BTW, you can just ask the given PuG FB whether they are running axe :)

• 3 weeks later...

@Zuldari.3940 said:I know harriers is the thing, but i cant get that atm only a few pieces. So whats my next best choice, and what should i get with magnitite shards i have 823, what would be the best thing for the best performance increase to buy. What stat numbers am i looking to hit to be viable as in precision or boon duration. Are the weapons staff warhorn dagger? I am new to this but i want to do it right.

• for druid, get harrier stat with your 823 shards.
  • get chest and legging and weapons. you can farm trinkets in LS maps.
  • get your heal power to at least 1100. Boon duration 70%. Others no one care too much :p
  • weapon is axe and warhorn, staff. Check the skill combo, make a habit rotation to place few water fields then blast it.. eg CA 4, staff 5, water spring then double blast the fields with staff 3 and warhorn 5.
  • gl n hf these days ppl have single druid..so druid probably not the easiest class to start raids .. try dps instead