Would you be interested in a new game mechanic/mode that make use of your collection of Miniatures?

Would you be interested in a new game mechanic/mode that make use of your collection of Miniatures?Some games have a similar concept to miniatures and allow battles and stuff like that. Others feature them in a sort of play set that can be customized. Would you like some new gameplay element to be introduced that make use of Miniatures? Why or why not?

Depends, a sort of arena like minigame ? Maybe, otherwise I dont really feel there is really Something that can be done actively with them. Maybe some Asuran technology. But then, that might make the thing pay2win if it has specific rewards for competing in it, if miniatures arent all equal, which if they were, would make most competing players disinterested. Quite a conundrum.

Maybe during a festival instead

wow's "Battle Pets", which is a total pokemon ripoff, is very fun but it also allows you to trap/collect "wild" critters like rabbits, snakes, rats, bugs and as well as more exotic items, and you can collect up to 3 of each kind.

Even if the gw2 wasn't as full featured it would still be kind of fun to do.

@"EmmetOtter.8542" said:wow's "Battle Pets", which is a total pokemon ripoff, is very fun but it also allows you to trap/collect "wild" critters like rabbits, snakes, rats, bugs and as well as more exotic items, and you can collect up to 3 of each kind.

that could work. I had in mind that each Miniature has its own set of skills and passives, and you can create a team of 10 of them to complete tactical dungeons like Shining Force rpgs did back in the day. could be fun, if you into that kind of thing. Makes collecting them seem more useful and interesting.

@"EmmetOtter.8542" said:wow's "Battle Pets", which is a total pokemon ripoff, is very fun but it also allows you to trap/collect "wild" critters like rabbits, snakes, rats, bugs and as well as more exotic items, and you can collect up to 3 of each kind.

yeah, battle pets is fun and well done. not really my thing but i do a bit of it during end of expansions. there's people that only battle pet in that game and you can level up to cap just doing battle pets and there's also pvp.

definitely a ripoff but then again, everything blizzard does is a ripoff. they just tend to polish it right.

as for not full featured. maybe. but i prefer they don't do it at all if they aren't going to make it outright fun to play. their own twist on the battle pet thing is a good idea for the 'new' thing if they plan on doing another expansion or the next version if they're continuing with gw long term.

it would likely make mini's a new cash cow, they could even sell mini skins/outfits at that point. especially if there's some player vs player option. they have to do it properly though.

yeah they are pretty useless, they should do something, if they aren't planning adding polymock, then here is your simple solution Anet: Transform polymock arenas into a mini battle arena. Just like for dragon bash, jump character camera into its mini, change the toolbar into the one used by the mob represented by the mini. The winner is the one who defeated the other.

Want an even easier version? Simple reuse RC Golems of metrica province, but the golem is replaced by your mini.Sigh. I don't even know why I replied, it has been discussed again and again, and on whatever topic, 0 answer from Anet: Housing, fishing, minis.....

Do you remember https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tenanera%27s_Pit? Was rapidly removed huh! Was a mini arena in Lion's arch.

It depends on what they do. If it was like polymock in GW1 I wouldn't mind it being in the game but I'm unlikely to play it much. Something like a MOBA with a team made up of mini pets could be more interesting, but it still needs to be fun enough to justify doing that with my time instead of something else in GW2...or playing a MOBA.

@Trise.2865 said:On one condition: the Gem Store and Black Lion Chest minis are definitively weaker than ones earned in-game.

I've thought about this before and I suspect if Anet did make mini pets useful for anything they'd have to group them together and give all minis in a group the same abilities. There's over 500 in-game currently, more added with each release (and sometimes in between) and some are extremely hard or expensive to obtain - at least one has been impossible to get for years. That would make balancing their abilities and not making the new mini game pay-to-win in one form or another virtually impossible.

I think the best way to do it would be to make groups like 'small undead' 'large undead' 'golems' 'birds' etc. make sure each group contains a mix of widely available and rarer minis (and preferably a mix of acquisition methods) and then assign skills to each group rather than each individual mini pet. Kind of like they do with ranger pets, but without the unique skill per pet. So it wouldn't really matter if someone else has a Mini Mr. Sparkles or Lavish Gold Llama, because your Mini Mark I Assault Golem and Mini Rock Deer have the same abilities. That would also give players some flexibility to personalise their teams - picking their favourite minis from each group or ones which fit a theme rather than being stuck with a specific one because it has the skills they need.

@Danikat.8537 said:It depends on what they do. If it was like polymock in GW1 I wouldn't mind it being in the game but I'm unlikely to play it much. Something like a MOBA with a team made up of mini pets could be more interesting, but it still needs to be fun enough to justify doing that with my time instead of something else in GW2...or playing a MOBA.

@Trise.2865 said:On one condition: the Gem Store and Black Lion Chest minis are definitively weaker than ones earned in-game.

I've thought about this before and I suspect if Anet did make mini pets useful for anything they'd have to group them together and give all minis in a group the same abilities. There's over 500 in-game currently, more added with each release (and sometimes in between) and some are extremely hard or expensive to obtain - at least one has been impossible to get for years. That would make balancing their abilities and not making the new mini game pay-to-win in one form or another virtually impossible.

I think the best way to do it would be to make groups like 'small undead' 'large undead' 'golems' 'birds' etc. make sure each group contains a mix of widely available and rarer minis (and preferably a mix of acquisition methods) and then assign skills to each group rather than each individual mini pet. Kind of like they do with ranger pets, but without the unique skill per pet. So it wouldn't really matter if someone else has a Mini Mr. Sparkles or Lavish Gold Llama, because your Mini Mark I Assault Golem and Mini Rock Deer have the same abilities. That would also give players some flexibility to personalise their teams - picking their favourite minis from each group or ones which fit a theme rather than being stuck with a specific one because it has the skills they need.

Or even better, to avoid the balance required, make all the skills look different but dealing the same damage.Example: between a fire imp and risen grub, you arrange yourself for the burning and poison conditions to inflict the same amount of damage in the same amount of time.The skills name are different, they look different but same damage. Everyone with same start, but that's the strategy that make you win.We can imagine a simple tool bar: attack skill, protection skill, evade skill, heal skillWhy playing it? earning like 50 silvers each match, achievs tied to it, bet system where both player bets and the winner earn them....

@knomslayer.9457 said:Mini 1v1. Pokemon game. Just like wow pet battles its fun. You can fight other players or mini around the map. Woo i like this idea

Yes that was very fun, i would like to see something like that added to the game. Another thing we can do is mini races. Add a obstacle course for minis lol that would be fun if you can take control of your mini.

@Kodokuna Akuma.9570 said:

@"Trise.2865" said:On one condition: the Gem Store and Black Lion Chest minis are definitively weaker than ones earned in-game.

Alternativly they are not used in the system. Saves anet alot of time making them compatable for it then.

By gem store and black lion minis do you mean just the ones which are account bound on acquire? Or would it include the Set 1, 2 and 3 minis which are tradable but originally come from the gem store (via Minis 3-Packs) or black lion chests (via toy mini eggs)?

If we were to restrict it to just minis which come from in-game sources that would cut out the vast majority, making the system a lot easier to set up. But it could make getting suitable minis much more difficult for players, especially those who don't have or haven't completed Living Story episodes and aren't able to run raids regularly. And it would solve the potential problem of useful minis jumping up in price on the TP, making what was an easy to obtain one much harder to get.

Personally I still think grouping them together would be a better solution, because then it gives players options. It would be more work for Anet to set up at first, but if it's done right it would mean no one's ever stuck unable to play the mini game because they need a specific mini which is locked behind content they can't do, or simply isn't worth the time and effort required.