Why is FGS still at 180s of cooldown?

Razor.6392

@Ganathar.4956 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:Because it's a sharable skill kit.

Technically it allow 2 players to make use of it at the same time. It's true that most elementalist tend to use conjure into a rigid dps rotation and thus hate having their 2nd conjure "stolen" from them but the conjures are initially designed to be shared with other.

Objectively, FGS is a pretty decent elite giving to the wielders (you and an ally) a 30s power/condition damage buff and a mid range weapon skill kit with evade and mobility skills. You can add to that that 180 seconds for 30 seconds of use is basically the same uptime than 120 seconds CD for 20 seconds of use and that you are not locked out of your utilities.

I know that the way conjure work isn't satisfying but, truly, there is no reason to be jealous of other elite skills. If you were to talk about
tornado
, I'd understand the disatisfaction but FGS stay a strong option for the elementalist.

FGS stays a strong option for ele because ele its full of mediocre elite skills. Glyph of greater elementals is an inferior flesh golem, conjure FGS which has a whopping 180 sec cd, tornado that has been a joke since launch. The elite specs are not much better. You have rebound which is okay if you are very coordinated, but in other instances it's inferior to all of the utility shouts. Then there is weave self with a small area CC that takes forever to execute, but the bufs are okay at least.

Also using FGS for 30 seconds is not going to happen, no matter who picks it up. For that to be a viable option it would need bonuses equivalent to a transform elite. If it was like a transform elite for 2 players then I could understand the CD, but it is in no way comparable in its current form.

I'm sorry but FGS is superior to a transform elite skill. FGS have no drawback, this is where it's strength lie. You aren't hindered by a sudden form change, you aren't locked out of your utility skills, you see your feets, the stats bonus apply to your utility skills and this is something given to 2 players by a single player. If you compare FGS to lich form as an example, the overall dps potential would be about the same and FGS would have evade/mobility where Lich have stability for the same base uptime and even a superior uptime for FGS if you are alone and manage well your 2 conjure. After all you've got the possibility to access the FGS skills 2 time in a 30 seconds window while lich have a strict 120 seconds CD to it's skill set access.

Brushing off all the freedom/flexibility you got and the possibility to share is silly. FGS have it's own strong points that totally dwarf elite transforms and, honnestly, isn't it better for elementalist to get avoidance tools out of this elite instead of stability? After all you got to take the beating for stability to have some use.

Apart from a few, elite skills ain't great in general. They can turn around a predicament but that's all.

NB: Weave self is also a pretty strong elite skill. Seriously, apart from the forever unsatisfying tornado, all elementalist's elites skills are objectively pretty strong and flexible. I'd take the glyph over golem anytime (and that's what I do when I play elementalist usually), I'm using FGS more often than I use lich (lich being a transform, that's a given), rebound can save your party's day and weave self is a nice 20 to 30 seconds personnal boost with a CC attached.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:Because it's a sharable skill kit.

Technically it allow 2 players to make use of it at the same time. It's true that most elementalist tend to use conjure into a rigid dps rotation and thus hate having their 2nd conjure "stolen" from them but the conjures are initially designed to be shared with other.

Objectively, FGS is a pretty decent elite giving to the wielders (you and an ally) a 30s power/condition damage buff and a mid range weapon skill kit with evade and mobility skills. You can add to that that 180 seconds for 30 seconds of use is basically the same uptime than 120 seconds CD for 20 seconds of use and that you are not locked out of your utilities.

I know that the way conjure work isn't satisfying but, truly, there is no reason to be jealous of other elite skills. If you were to talk about
tornado
, I'd understand the disatisfaction but FGS stay a strong option for the elementalist.

FGS stays a strong option for ele because ele its full of mediocre elite skills. Glyph of greater elementals is an inferior flesh golem, conjure FGS which has a whopping 180 sec cd, tornado that has been a joke since launch. The elite specs are not much better. You have rebound which is okay if you are very coordinated, but in other instances it's inferior to all of the utility shouts. Then there is weave self with a small area CC that takes forever to execute, but the bufs are okay at least.

Also using FGS for 30 seconds is not going to happen, no matter who picks it up. For that to be a viable option it would need bonuses equivalent to a transform elite. If it was like a transform elite for 2 players then I could understand the CD, but it is in no way comparable in its current form.

I'm sorry but FGS is superior to a transform elite skill. FGS have no drawback, this is where it's strength lie. You aren't hindered by a sudden form change, you aren't locked out of your utility skills, you see your feets, the stats bonus apply to your utility skills and this is something given to 2 players by a single player. If you compare FGS to lich form as an example, the overall dps potential would be about the same and FGS would have evade/mobility where Lich have stability for the same base uptime and even a superior uptime for FGS if you are alone and manage well your 2 conjure. After all you've got the possibility to access the FGS skills 2 time in a 30 seconds window while lich have a strict 120 seconds CD to it's skill set access.

Brushing off all the freedom/flexibility you got and the possibility to share is silly. FGS have it's own strong points that totally dwarf elite transforms and, honnestly, isn't it better for elementalist to get avoidance tools out of this elite instead of stability? After all you got to take the beating for stability to have some use.

Apart from a few, elite skills ain't great in general. They can turn around a predicament but that's all.

NB:
Weave self
is also a pretty strong elite skill. Seriously, apart from the forever unsatisfying
tornado
, all elementalist's elites skills are objectively pretty strong and flexible. I'd take the glyph over golem anytime (and that's what I do when I play elementalist usually), I'm using FGS more often than I use lich (lich being a transform, that's a given),
rebound
can save your party's day and
weave self
is a nice 20 to 30 seconds personnal boost with a CC attached.

Lich form is a really bad transform that needs buffs. Compare it to something like rampage which is a transform that is actually good. The evade on FGS is not bad and getting to use your utility skills is nice, but transforms also modify your base health in addition to granting stability. Also, it is viable to use rampage for its full duration, while using FGS for that long is something that never happens despite the benefits that FGS gives. That makes me think FGS is really not that amazing.

Not sure how glyph is better than golem. Flesh golem is a permanent minion that is just as tanky and has a lower cooldown. It also has very reliable CC. The reason why you use glyph of elementals more on ele than flesh golem on necro is obviously because ele is squishier rather than the glyph being better. Rebound can save a party, but most of the time it won't unless you are very well coordinated. If you do not use rebound to save a party it is very underwehlming compared to even shout utilities, as it's basically just a delayed aura on a higher cooldown. I don't have any real complaints about weave self.

Rebound is a significantly weaker AED that gives an aura and fury to 5 or 10 people traited. It heals a whopping 2836 hp with no healing power if someone takes lethal damage. Thats a single auto attack. Full minstrels with food, utilities and infusions it heals 5142 upon lethal damage. AED does that normally while also removing conditions.

Dont get me wrong, its saved me a few times and I usually run it on my tempest. But it is by no means a strong elite, merely the only available elite that gives support. If used in a setting where it does not support a group it is a significantly worse AED.

This is just the life of the ele, alot of utilies and elitles are worse when compared to other classes. The exception is weave self which has a good balance between cooldown and effectiveness while being unique. Fiery greatsword is a great elite whose downside is a ridiculously long cooldown. I dont think casting a 2nd fiery greatsword warrents the long cooldown.

@Ganathar.4956 said:Not sure how glyph is better than golem. Flesh golem is a permanent minion that is just as tanky and has a lower cooldown. It also has very reliable CC. The reason why you use glyph of elementals more on ele than flesh golem on necro is obviously because ele is squishier rather than the glyph being better. Rebound can save a party, but most of the time it won't unless you are very well coordinated. If you do not use rebound to save a party it is very underwehlming compared to even shout utilities, as it's basically just a delayed aura on a higher cooldown. I don't have any real complaints about weave self.

Elite glyph is a lot more flexible than golem.Pretty sure than earth is a lot more durable than golem and it also gives prot.Fire does strong damage, not even comparable to golem.Water can do great heal, provided you manage to get close enough.Air can CC although I admit it, not as good as golem.

Yes, glyph is not permanent but decent recharge and long duration.IMO, permanent elemental would be OP. You could run earth elemental forever in solo, he would never die.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:Conjures should just be kits.A solution as simple as it is completely unrealistic.

You would essentially be giving the ele four more attunements, with no swap CD and 100% uptime. Balancing that could only be achieved by either nerfing conjures into uselessness, or nerfing the entirety of the classes weapon skills to half their current strength, which would make conjures a mandatory build choice just to achieve current power levels.

You can't just double a classes skillset with no drawbacks and expect it to be balanced, especially when said class already has the most (default) skills in the game. This is the worst possible solution for conjures, it boggles the mind that it is one of the most suggested and supported solutions on these forums.

@Conncept.7638 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:Conjures should just be kits.A solution as simple as it is completely unrealistic.

You would essentially be giving the ele four more attunements, with no swap CD and 100% uptime. Balancing that could only be achieved by either nerfing conjures into uselessness, or nerfing the entirety of the classes weapon skills to half their current strength, which would make conjures a mandatory build choice just to achieve current power levels.

Whats unrealistic about it? Just replace the elemental attunement with the kit/conjure and lock each one behind a trait line of the corresponding element with bonuses ofcourse cause the conjures/kits need some love.

Going earth would bring out a shield. Fire, axe. etc.

Or they could create a elite skill that turned our current attunement into a conjured weapon depending on the attunement as well. Which is used as a kit.

You can't just double a classes skillset with no drawbacks and expect it to be balanced, especially when said class already has the most (default) skills in the game. This is the worst possible solution for conjures, it boggles the mind that it is one of the most suggested and supported solutions on these forums.

Literally every elite spec for elementalist does just that. Drawback of being a ele already is needing to use double to triple amt of skills to produce the same results as other classes.

@Conncept.7638 said:

Conjures as kits, or within an ammo system, wouldn't be impossible. As of right now, conjures have limited use. Even the elite is used more for escape and evade rather than damage.

Nerf the conjures damage if need be. The weapons are only needed for their combat viability (block, quickness, evade, etc).

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

Whats unrealistic about it? Just replace the elemental attunement with the kit/conjure and lock each one behind a trait line of the corresponding element with bonuses ofcourse cause the conjures/kits need some love.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here but if you're talking about locking conjures behind a trait choice, that's ridiculous outside of adding them to an elite specialization. There is no base profession utility skill in the entire game that operates like that, it would make elite specs redundant, and it would solve
nothing
, you could still have three more attunements basically by default.

Furthermore if you're locking the "kits" to attunement cooldowns, then you're not actually even suggesting kits in the first place, and this conversation is pointless. The only mechanical difference betweeen kits and conjures, is the second conjure, and the presence of a cooldown.

Or they could create a elite skill that turned our current attunement into a conjured weapon depending on the attunement as well. Which is used as a kit.

Exact same issue, no, actually worse, you would now have four more attunements without even the cost of your three utility skills.

Literally every elite spec for elementalist does just that. Drawback of being a ele already is needing to use double to triple amt of skills to produce the same results as other classes.

That is literally and completely mathematically incorrect, tempest gets four more skills per build, weaver gets six. That is not even remotely close to the 20 weapon skills or 29 total skills the ele has by default.

@Conncept.7638 said:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here but if you're talking about locking conjures behind a trait choice, that's ridiculous outside of adding them to an elite specialization. There is no base profession utility skill in the entire game that operates like that, it would make elite specs redundant, and it would solve
nothing

Miss.

Furthermore if you're locking the "kits" to attunement cooldowns, then you're not actually even suggesting kits in the first place, and this conversation is pointless. The only mechanical difference betweeen kits and conjures, is the second conjure, and the presence of a cooldown.

Miss.

Exact same issue, no, actually worse, you would now have four more attunements without even the cost of your three utility skills.

Cost of a elite skill which functions literally the same as conjure elemental elite, but better.

That is literally and completely mathematically incorrect, tempest gets four more skills per build, weaver gets six. That is not even remotely close to the 20 weapon skills or 29 total skills the ele has by default.

4 attunement skills, 1 elite, 8 weapon skills. Tempest. That's not even counting utility and heal skills. If you wanna talk about bad math, dont use it in your example to make a point ?.

Anyways the idea is for Attunements to become the conjurations/kits. So if your using staff and you swap to fire, you instead use a flame axe. Same with the other elements and in order to unlock kits for attunements its a grandmaster trait for that specific kit.

It being a elite skill multi conjuration kit is a second idea that could take less time to do.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

nothing

Miss.

Miss.

Cost of a elite skill which functions literally the same as conjure elemental elite, but better.

4 attunement skills, 1 elite, 8 weapon skills. Tempest. That's not even counting utility and heal skills. If you wanna talk about bad math, dont use it in your example to make a point ?.

Anyways the idea is for Attunements to become the conjurations/kits. So if your using staff and you swap to fire, you instead use a flame axe. Same with the other elements and in order to unlock kits for attunements its a grandmaster trait for that specific kit.

It being a elite skill multi conjuration kit is a second idea that could take less time to do.

You don't know how balance works so just stop.

@Razor.6392 said:

nothing

Miss.

Miss.

You don't know how balance works so just stop.

Obviously the creators of the game dont know balance, but please share how this would unbalance the game in anyway.

Hellooooooooooo devs? will this ever be fixed? what's the drawback? just go into your code and change the value. It's that easy.

No one will whine about broken dps or mobility because this ability is not even close to being overpowered. Make it 90-120s cd already.

You know what's hilarious? Is that all other 180s cd elites HAVE A WAY TO DECREASE THEIR CD THROUGH TRAITS, WE CANT DO THAT FOR CONJURES.

@Razor.6392 said:Hellooooooooooo devs? will this ever be fixed? what's the drawback? just go into your code and change the value. It's that easy.

No one will whine about broken dps or mobility because this ability is not even close to being overpowered. Make it 90-120s cd already.

You know what's hilarious? Is that all other 180s cd elites HAVE A WAY TO DECREASE THEIR CD THROUGH TRAITS, WE CANT DO THAT FOR CONJURES.

Yes you can. The trait is worthless though.

@MyPuppy.8970 said:

@Razor.6392 said:Hellooooooooooo devs? will this ever be fixed? what's the drawback? just go into your code and change the value. It's that easy.

You know what's hilarious? Is that all other 180s cd elites HAVE A WAY TO DECREASE THEIR CD THROUGH TRAITS,
WE CANT DO THAT FOR CONJURES.

It decreases the abilities cd, not the initial summon cd.

Hellooooooooooo razor? Still waiting for an explanation on how the idea would be unbalanced!

@MyPuppy.8970 said:

You know what's hilarious? Is that all other 180s cd elites HAVE A WAY TO DECREASE THEIR CD THROUGH TRAITS,

I do like this trait, although Burning Precision is a serious competitor.For my lightning hammer ele, I really appreciate 20% CD on skills. It allows me to proc lightning rod more often (5 to 2, then 3), not to mention lightning storm excellent damage.Moreover, it also helps spamming FGS whirlwind when soloing champs.

My issue is that useless fire aura, if only I could detonate it with F5...Back to topic, I agree that FGS recharge is far too high.120s would be fine, or give an ammunition on conjures.

The worst part is that you use it in the first battle, then you died midway, teleport back to spawn, join up with the commander and stack until people are gathered and face another zerg after going out of spawn, but FGS is still on CD.

As far as other classes goes, they might also have long CD elite, but they don't have to use it. They have better choice with shorter CD, but eles have to stick with FGS.

Edit: talking about WvW

@Razor.6392 said:

It decreases the abilities cd, not the initial summon cd.

My mad, i was persuaded it decreased conjures CD. Maybe because I never bothered with them i didnt read it properly.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

I do like this trait, although Burning Precision is a serious competitor.For my lightning hammer ele, I really appreciate 20% CD on skills. It allows me to proc lightning rod more often (5 to 2, then 3), not to mention lightning storm excellent damage.Moreover, it also helps spamming FGS whirlwind when soloing champs.

My issue is that useless fire aura, if only I could detonate it with F5...Back to topic, I agree that FGS recharge is far too high.120s would be fine, or give an ammunition on conjures.

I like frost bow, used it a lot in wvw back in the days. I tried a new build with my core ele in pvp, maybe i should give it a try. 60s CD though, i'd rather have mist form.

@MyPuppy.8970 said:

I like frost bow, used it a lot in wvw back in the days. I tried a new build with my core ele in pvp, maybe i should give it a try. 60s CD though, i'd rather have mist form.

My comment is toward open world where you can have permanent conjure (if not stolen). So skills CDR is better than conjure CDR providing you keep your conjure after using its skills.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

My comment is toward open world where you can have permanent conjure (if not stolen). So skills CDR is better than conjure CDR providing you keep your conjure after using its skills.

Yeah, i don't think it's viable in spvp, but it's just for the lulz :) i also slot tornado, so i'm definitely not playing meta anyway.

@MyPuppy.8970 said:

Yeah, i don't think it's viable in spvp, but it's just for the lulz :) i also slot tornado, so i'm definitely not playing meta anyway.

Haha, I use tornado from times to times too ! With full glass build (fire + air) and Lightning Rod, you can do very good damage if you survive that long, but even if you don't, downed lava font can probably finish the work, unless it is a champ ;) I just realized that traited downed lava font is 10 seconds duration !! 4 more than staff one, I like it !