Unable to upgrade account

After quite some time not playing GW2, I decided it might be time to try it again. I noticed there was a couple of expansions since my last time playing. I decided to buy them, but upon reaching the point where I was to provide payment information, I was not given a usable option and thus I am unable to pay for the game. The options I'm given are:

1. Provide a credit card directly to Arenanet. This is not acceptable because there is no option NOT to save the credit card information. I don't just hand out my credit card details for third parties to save, irrespective of any claimed "security" measures that the third party supposedly employs. Additionally, I'm required to include all of my contact information, including a phone number. This information is not necessary for retention as I don't want my credit card information saved, nor do I plan on ringing up tons of transactions on the microtransaction store. There is zero need for any of my personal contact or credit card information to ever remain on file with ArenaNet.
  2. PayPal: No option to check out as a guest, and I emphatically refuse to open a PayPal account. Ever.
  3. PaySafeCard: Never heard of this and I'm not interested in using it as it requires searching for a local vendor that sells the cards, paying a fee for the privilege of use, and probably not getting a card with the exact amount I'd need.

Please advise on a method of purchase that does not involve my divulging of an excessive amount of personal information.

Thank you.

I've not saved my Credit Card information, either.As for a phone number, it is just one of the ways that the CS Team can verify that the account belongs to you, should you ever have need of CS assistance. It's not like they ever call you. Give a fake number, if you are concerned, just remember what it is (in case you ever need support).

You don't need to upgrade in-game, if you don't want to. You can use the official website, or purchase Serial Keys from any authorized retailer, as well.

Good luck.

I tried purchasing it in game and all I get is "Unfortunately an error occurred. Please try again later!" when entering correct payment information. There's not any additional indication as to what the error is and I know I'm entering the correct credit card number in the in-game form.

I'd purchase it through the website, but the website requires that you save your credit card information and that's what I don't want to do.

I was able to resolve the problem by purchasing the keys through another reseller, however. So at least I was able to get the expansions.