I have a crazy suggestion   Let Blizzard cooperate with ArenaNet

@Danikat.8537 said:For example a quick google search tells me WoW characters can have up to about 180,000 hit points, whereas in GW2 the maximum is 15,922 (according to the Wiki). Even if everything else is equal if you're there with your 15,000 hit points, using skills designed to kill things with about 15,000 hit points maximum and you're going against something with 150,000 (10 times as many) with skills designed to hit comparable opponents who do you think is going to win?

My favourite Reaper has about 23000 hit points.

@Menadena.7482 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:How in the world would two games with separate (and possibly proprietary) programming merge enough to do that?

Magic? It can do all sorts of cool things!

"why? it should be easy, right?" - a non-programmer

My understanding is you can cut both games down the center and then attach the two halves with duct tape.I’m sure there’s a YouTube video explaining how it’s done.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:How in the world would two games with separate (and possibly proprietary) programming merge enough to do that?

My understanding is you can cut both games down the center and then attach the two halves with duct tape.I’m sure there’s a YouTube video explaining how it’s done.

Aw, we have to sit through a WHOLE video? Can someone boil it down to a 1 page FAQ?

[edit: Actually, I pretty much did this with a simulation one time: the main code in one language, the graphics library linked to it in another, and the whole think wrapped around with a scripting language to cover things like $array[x][y] in one language being $array[y][x] in the other.]

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:How in the world would two games with separate (and possibly proprietary) programming merge enough to do that?

I believe the OP was joking. That cannot have been a serious suggestion.

It all depends on how clueless the OP actualy is mate.

I've been dealing with this at work. We're due to get a new database "soon" and I keep being told that it will work with all the software we're currently using because it has "this very whizzy, techy thing called...an A...P...I for talking to other programs" (direct quote from my boss). I can't seem to get people to understand that unless the other programs - some of them over 10 years old - are capable of receiving and interpreting that data it still won't work.

In the end I said it's like assuming you can call someone whenever you want because you have a phone - unless the other person also has a phone and you know their number that doesn't help. That got me as far as "Well it's a bit more advanced than a phone so I'm sure that won't be a problem, but I'll pass your concerns onto the IT department".

Software is pretty weird and unless you've had a reason to delve into how things work 'behind the scenes' I can understand how people may not realise that it's not as simple as 'hooking up' two games and then they can play together.

Only 10 years old? I routinely deal with code whose main engine is from the 90s. It is like playing Jenga each time I get a change request.

@"huluobo.7036" said:Let gamers enter another world  Guild Wars 2 players can play pvp wvw pve with wow players

They can. It's called "also playing WoW". I know, the idea of playing two whole games is weird and confusing to some, but I guarantee you it's entirely possible.

@Pifil.5193 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:How in the world would two games with separate (and possibly proprietary) programming merge enough to do that?

OK, so first of all we invent magic then we can look at doing this.

I think the OP's suggestion is the least feasible suggestion that I've ever seen on these forums.

“Your ancestors called it magic, but you call it science. I come from a land where they are one and the same.” -Thor Odinson

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

My understanding is you can cut both games down the center and then attach the two halves with duct tape.I’m sure there’s a YouTube video explaining how it’s done.I'm sure that magnets are involved.

@huluobo.7036 said:Two game players can communicate,Wow players can enter the Guild Wars 2 world, Guild Wars 2 can also go to wow,Wow skills and Guild Wars 2 skills to play pvp which is more powerful

the future of tech.

GW3: The Invasion of Azeroth

A rift has open from the Mist, unleashing hordes of people from the world of Azeroth to conquer the world

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@huluobo.7036 said:Two game players can communicate,Wow players can enter the Guild Wars 2 world, Guild Wars 2 can also go to wow,Wow skills and Guild Wars 2 skills to play pvp which is more powerful

the future of tech.

GW3: The Invasion of Azeroth

A rift has open from the Mist, unleashing hordes of people from the world of Azeroth to conquer the world

Isn't that just another day on Azaroth at this point? Sure a few decades back it was big news that a pair of idiots had ripped a hole through the Twisting Nether, but my understanding is these days people go back and forth to Draenor (or whatever they're calling it now) all the time.

For that matter Tyria gets all kinds of weirdness coming and going through portals from The Mists too. I'm not sure either world would consider it especially unusual.