My Custom Guild Hall Rollerbeetle Racetrack #1

Video link below. Would be very nice (and a lot easier to design these things) if we had craftable race gates and endurance orbs, but maybe one day. Anyway take a look, see what you think. I took inspiration from the more modern Mario Kart and Sega Racing games where each lap changes the course. Also I apologize for it not being an absolute perfect run, I am not the best beetle racer, and on an 800 ping some things are messed with and some others impossible, so I did miss a couple of boost points and double trick ramps.

Comments welcome. Anet employees are welcome to join to race on it.

@Linken.6345 said:Nice one curious why you dont use your 7 skill even once to fill up endurance

By design. I want both people who may lack that skill to be able to get a gold time, and to set a gold time that allows a bit of error time in there so you can screw up a jump or such and still be able to hit your 7 skill without being able to screw up another part of the track by having it on cooldown.

@Cronospere.8143 said:Wow truly amazing. Thanks for sharing. I feel a sudden urge to redo ours. But we dont have a lot of tracks yet. I like how you have different tracks under and over eachother.There is also a signallight. Maybe i missed it. But it would have a end point then.

Aye, a signal at the start/finish line. Sadly the signal doesn't have a long top strand so it can't overhang the track, has to be put to the side.

@"Cronospere.8143" said:Wow truly amazing. Thanks for sharing. I feel a sudden urge to redo ours. But we dont have a lot of tracks yet. I like how you have different tracks under and over eachother.There is also a signallight. Maybe i missed it. But it would have a end point then.

Aye, a signal at the start/finish line. Sadly the signal doesn't have a long top strand so it can't overhang the track, has to be put to the side.

Hhmm. maybe you can extend it with "Dragon's Breath Lantern" or "Dragon Tooth Lantern"? i don't know if that's a good sight. We used two mast poles to 'hold' the signal.

@"Foxxie Softpaws.6984" said:Video link below. Would be very nice (and a lot easier to design these things) if we had craftable race gates and endurance orbs, but maybe one day. Anyway take a look, see what you think. I took inspiration from the more modern Mario Kart and Sega Racing games where each lap changes the course. Also I apologize for it not being an absolute perfect run, I am not the best beetle racer, and on an 800 ping some things are messed with and some others impossible, so I did miss a couple of boost points and double trick ramps.

whats your guild? lol

Very nice and very well done. One of the few I have seen where the details really mattered - most don't take the time to make sure the tracks are put together evenly at the sides etc. Yours is wonderfully crafted and a treat to the eye.

About the signal - the lanterns on the elonian signal and non colisionable so if you place one or two just under the track so that the top of the stand portion just touched the bottom of the track, the lanterns make a nice starting/finishing line. Of course you have to choose a spot where the track does not lie directly on the ground or break the map and get under it - which is quite easy to do in the guild halls.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@"Foxxie Softpaws.6984" said:Video link below. Would be very nice (and a lot easier to design these things) if we had craftable race gates and endurance orbs, but maybe one day. Anyway take a look, see what you think. I took inspiration from the more modern Mario Kart and Sega Racing games where each lap changes the course. Also I apologize for it not being an absolute perfect run, I am not the best beetle racer, and on an 800 ping some things are messed with and some others impossible, so I did miss a couple of boost points and double trick ramps.

whats your guild? lol

Legion Of Tyrian Furs [FURS], the original.

@Cronospere.8143 said:

@Cronospere.8143 said:Wow truly amazing. Thanks for sharing. I feel a sudden urge to redo ours. But we dont have a lot of tracks yet. I like how you have different tracks under and over eachother.There is also a signallight. Maybe i missed it. But it would have a end point then.

Hhmm. maybe you can extend it with "Dragon's Breath Lantern" or "Dragon Tooth Lantern"? i don't know if that's a good sight. We used two mast poles to 'hold' the signal.

Aye I know the one you speak of, sadly it doesn't flash like the Elonian Signal.> @Liston.9708 said:

Nice. I would have crashed and burned so many times LOL

It took me 10 attempts to get a sub 2:30 run for the video, even though I made the thing :)