Modnir Ulgoth/Seraph Assault bugged, apparently again

The world boss event sequence in Harathi Hinterlands is bugged, apparently again, because I did a search and it turned up a lot of complaints. This early game boss is, for some reason, a requirement to craft a legendary weapon. It needs to be working. It's my last step. I've been trying to get it done in between other achievement items but the result is always the same. He spawns (invulnerable), the timer starts, the event notification is stuck on "The Seraph are digging in at the forward assault," and there is no actual event happening.

Please fix or remove the requirement from Chuka and Champawat IV: Tiger Training Guide collection!

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Odd, it certainly worked during the World Boss event. Every time.If a 'fix' does not appear before the next Champion Rush event (tomorrow), you might try then.

Good luck.

I should probably also point out (as my signature does already suggest) that this is an issue currently on the EU servers.

The previous threads I have found (2013, 2015, 2017, 2018, and one just a few months ago in April) have replies suggesting to get on and do the first occurrence of the event after the server resets following an update. This isn't exactly ideal, but I am aware of the workaround that I assume still works.

It might be more useful to clarify what it is you are seeing. ANet can't fix a problem if they can't replicate it and they can't replicate it if the circumstances aren't described. If one of the previous posters has managed to do that, then copy & paste it. If not, take a stab at it yourself. Ideally, do so via an in-game report using the /bug tool. That ensures that ANet gets additional diagnostic details you might not think of including (or might not have access to).

Besides, generally speaking, it's not safe to assume that earlier reports have the same root cause, even if it seems like they are describing identical symptoms. (Plus, I've seen people report that specific chain as bugged when I was in the same map with them and participating in the relevant events. That doesn't sound like the current circumstances; it just happens to more common than any of us seem to realize.)

For your particular situation, in which you need a specific something for a collection, you only need it to work the one time, so waiting until a patch is effective advice, even if it's not ideal.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:It might be more useful to clarify what it is you are seeing. ANet can't fix a problem if they can't replicate it and they can't replicate it if the circumstances aren't described. If one of the previous posters has managed to do that, then copy & paste it. If not, take a stab at it yourself. Ideally, do so via an in-game report using the /bug tool. That ensures that ANet gets additional diagnostic details you might not think of including (or might not have access to).

Besides, generally speaking, it's not safe to assume that earlier reports have the same root cause, even if it seems like they are describing identical symptoms. (Plus, I've seen people report that specific chain as bugged when I was in the same map with them and participating in the relevant events. That doesn't sound like the current circumstances; it just happens to more common than any of us seem to realize.)

For your particular situation, in which you need a specific something for a collection, you only need it to work the one time, so waiting until a patch is effective advice, even if it's not ideal.

I thought I had explained it very clearly.

I do know that there may (but also may not) be different root causes. I am a programmer. It's obvious. Thus, it will be obvious to ANet's developers. I'm not here to deliver a step-by-step debugging routine, merely to report the existence of a bug.

I did use the in-game reporting tool. I always do, but they cannot reply to it. It also does not have the potential to gain community support. It is common practice to use both the in-game tool and the forums.

Here's a quick list of the top most recent reports. One has an identical description, two others are too vague but the end result is the same, and one has a bit more detail but not being one who does PvE, I can't comment as to those specifics. I simply used wiki to see when and where to go to complete achievements. There are many, and this is my last one. It's not rocket science, but obviously because I cannot DO the event, I do not know the specific steps in as much detail as someone who would have done it before.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Modniir-Ulgoth-Bugged (March 2017)"Even with all of the events completed, Camps taken over. Ulgoth event doesn’t happen. Timer just goes on then event “ends”. This has been the case all day today. Been trying to get it done for the Chuka collection, but haven’t been able to because of the bug."

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/23033/modniir-ulgoth-pre-event-bug (January 2018)"Pre event won't start, this is third day i've tried to kill ulgoth to get achievment for my chuka."

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28463/modniir-ulgoth-pre-events-do-not-appear (February 2018)"2 times in a row i try this world boss for my chuka but both time i can't because ^ When i search the forum i see this bug has appear at least 1 month"

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/54993/bug-modniir-ulgoth (September 2018)"Zone: Harathi Hinterlands Bug: Captain Ganes and Lieutenant Lin are frozen at the end of Take the centaurs' forward camp, Can not progress to the next stage Take Bridgewatch Camp from the centaurs I have tried a few times today and a few maps, always the same."

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/72979/modniir-ulgoth-bug (Early April 2019)"The Seraph don't "dig in the forward camps", during the phase where we are meant to proceed to "push back" the centaurs never spawn and charge. This has happened the last 4 days to myself and many others on my server during the Modniir events around 8pm-4am Australian time, I'd heard of players beating him about 2-3 days ago but I haven't heard of any cases since."

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/74330/bug-modniir-ulgoth-cant-be-killed (Late April 2019)"Hey, I just wanted to say that there is a bug on Modniir Ulgoth, he stays invincible, so we can't kill him, Atm, this event is part of Chuka & Champawat Collection Number 4, in "Tiger training Guide" So if you could fix that it would be super cool I sent a /bug with screenshot with the ingame tool, just in case, thanks"

And, of course, now.

@"Impact.2780" said:I thought I had explained it very clearly.I don't see where you gave the time or date, the IP address of the world, or any other information. You've described symptoms.

I am a programmer.Then you know how hard it is to diagnose an issue.

I'm not here to deliver a step-by-step debugging routine,I'm not sure why you thought that was I was recommending.

I did use the in-game reporting tool.Good. Most people posting in the forums do not.

It also does not have the potential to gain community support.Near as I can tell, "community support" on the forums is not a primary criterion used by ANet in deciding which open world events to tackle. I'm sure you're familiar with the usual reasons: urgency, scope, importance, etc.

I'm really sorry that your legendary journey is stymied by something that seems so obvious and simple. In the end, we both want bugs squashed.

@"Linken.6345" said:Just to check you are sure it was his time in the?https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers

Yes... If it wasn't he wouldn't have spawned, would he? I get that you're trying to help, but please, I mentioned this detail in the description of the issue in my OP. He spawns, invulnerable, the timer starts at 25minutes. The only event going on in the area that can be participated in is defend the skritt stealing centaur supplies, which is completely separate. Waypoints are contested but there is no event. No drive them from Greystone Rise, no retake Bridgewatch Camp, no capture the centaur camps. I am also not the only one on the map. There are a good number of people, all equally stumped and asking questions in map chat. Some people link waypoints only to then express confusion and apologies that there is no event to be done there.

Perhaps I should make a video.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...