Aurene outfit code during stream

During the stream, we’ll give away some codes for an Ascended Aurene Clothing Outfit so your characters can stay cool and look stylish through the end of summer.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/dont-miss-our-special-announcement-event/

All I can say is, way to screw over those that have to be at work during the stream. I like to catch a stream when I can but it sucks to miss a giveaway just because we have obligations outside of gaming. The only way this could work is if the code isnt limited in supply but rather limited to a time based window, but I doubt it'll work that way.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Give away some codes", its probaly a 1st come 1st serve thing that you will never be able to get. I don't even know at what time this event would be in German/Dutch time... if its same as patch times then its at dinner time here.... Why can't Anet just give out a free outfit to anybody that logs in on the 30th and has the PoF expansion or something? Then it would surely be more fair for everyone... Regardless of internet connection speed, job or not and time zone wise.

It just feels Bubble tea allover....

@Westenev.5289 said:

@Frostfang.5109 said:What time is this giveaway/livestream in Sweden? And yes, I agree, why not make it a bit more fair to more ppl.

In GMT +2 (which covers germany, I think) the stream starts at 1800 hours (or 6pm) on a friday. So, I mean, it's not the worst time in the world if you exclude personal circumstance.

In NA its straight up work school time.

@Tiviana.2650 said:

@Frostfang.5109 said:What time is this giveaway/livestream in Sweden? And yes, I agree, why not make it a bit more fair to more ppl.

In GMT +2 (which covers germany, I think) the stream starts at 1800 hours (or 6pm) on a friday. So, I mean, it's not the worst time in the world if you exclude personal circumstance.

In NA its straight up work school time.

In OCE, it ranges between 12am - 2am Aussie and 4am New Zealand (admittedly, on a saturday) - so it's not ideal for us either. Still, I'd like to have faith that Anet didn't choose the time by throwing darts at a dartboard.

I’ll be joining on my smart phone so I suggest everyone else do the same if they’re able to. It’s just one outfit which people will likely wear en mass for the next week before they get bored and move on to the next flashing thing. No different from the T-Shirt outfit or anything else to be honest. There’s even a good chance it’ll be made available later at some time.

Agree, would be far better to give outfit in game for everyone logged the 30th august!Many peoples will not have it due to:-Very bad internet connction-Working due to their jobs-The very limited supply of codes-Wrong timing and conversions missing the stream-Not having money to travel to America

Please really consider of giving it in game.

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:I went to a baseball game one time and during the 7th inning stretch people came around shooting free t shirts out of a t shirt launcher into the crowd. I didn't get one so I threw an entitled bratty tantrum to the management because how dare they NOT give me one of these free items!!!!!!!

Im not throwing a fit, i just want the chance at it lol.

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:I went to a baseball game one time and during the 7th inning stretch people came around shooting free t shirts out of a t shirt launcher into the crowd. I didn't get one so I threw an entitled bratty tantrum to the management because how dare they NOT give me one of these free items!!!!!!!

I think thats a bit different, Those tshirts are usually for sale and the lucky few who get them get them for free. Theres really no idea behind this if its going to be available to buy or not at all, and thats my issue. If its only given out during the stream, and never sold? Why? Its a digital item, they could send one to -everyone- and not even be impacted.

@Tiviana.2650 said:

Im not throwing a fit, i just want the chance at it lol.

I don't get the chance to go to every baseball game. I don't get the chance to do a lot of things in life. Its life.

I would give it way to anyone who showed up and to anyone who made a comment on the posted YT video.

I figure this ain't the time to make things exclusive if they are free.

You want as much traffic to this stream and your channel as possible.

You have plenty of players who won't even have a chance to watch it live.

You are a worldwide game, please consider how this affects many people.

Give a t-shirt or a sticker to the people who show up IRL.

@Dante.1763 said:

I think thats a bit different, Those tshirts are usually for sale and the lucky few who get them get them for free. Theres really no idea behind this if its going to be available to buy or not at all, and thats my issue. If its only given out during the stream, and never sold? Why? Its a digital item, they could send one to -everyone- and not even be impacted.

And now its no longer a special limited edition item. Now its just a common item that everyone gets simply because they logged in one day. God forbid the game have limited edition items in it.

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:You are a worldwide game, please consider how this affects many people.

It doesn't. This is literally a video game and if you don't get this item it will absolutely in no way whatsoever negatively impact your life.

I'm talking about the game.

It might affect how they feel about Anet.

This is a lottery item. It doesn't show that you were there during a time period or for a special event.

If you get it, you are just lucky.

For this kind of item, non farmable, or buy/sell, I can not agree with it.

Sure I can't change their minds, but I think it is a bad move.

This is one more negative I have for Anet.

My real life goes on.

There are only ever two options:

• Everyone gets an item, in which case a lot of people don't value it, because, well, everyone has it.
  • Only some people get it, which means anyone disappointment for those who covet the item and don't fall into the lucky winner category.

I wish people would be okay with the idea that the game is going to have some items that we simply won't ever get... and even more items that we might get, just not right away. For me, the game is more interesting to include unlocks depending on something other than perseverance or how much I'm willing to spend.

At least you were at the game. Many of us won't be able to participate in the stream.

It would help if they had an image of the outfit. I can't watch the stream because of the timing, but I could probably have it running on my phone, but without knowing what the outfit looks like I don't know if it's worth the hassle of doing that.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:There are only ever two options:

• Everyone gets an item, in which case a lot of people don't value it, because, well, everyone has it.
  • Only some people get it, which means anyone disappointment for those who covet the item and don't fall into the lucky winner category.

I wish people would be okay with the idea that the game is going to have some items that we simply won't ever get... and even more items that we might get, just not right away. For me, the game is more interesting to include unlocks depending on something other than perseverance or how much I'm willing to spend.

I'm the opposite. I don't care how common or easy to get an item is. Whether I like it and like using it depends entirely on what it is, so I'd prefer everyone who wants it to be able to get it than have it randomly restricted to a "lucky" subset of those who can be available at a designated time. It doesn't have to be easy to get, just not given out if a way which makes it literally impossible for some people to participate or which guarantees some of those who want it won't get one no matter what they do because it's random and restricted only to a few.

Of course we don't know yet that this outfit won't be available another way. It might appear in the gem store later on, or be given out in various other ways which make it more widely available.