Aurene outfit code during stream

I'll be watching and trying to grab one of those codes, but I agree with others here.Seems unfair that those who have work and other obligations are going to get left out because they can't be at the right place at the right time.Hopefully there'll be another way they can obtain it later.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:There are only ever two options:

• Everyone gets an item, in which case a lot of people don't value it, because, well, everyone has it.
  • Only some people get it, which means anyone disappointment for those who covet the item and don't fall into the lucky winner category.

I wish people would be okay with the idea that the game is going to have some items that we simply won't ever get... and even more items that we might get, just not right away. For me, the game is more interesting to include unlocks depending on something other than perseverance or how much I'm willing to spend.

I would be okay with it, if it wasnt pure chance, and i had a 0% chance to obtain it due to RL. I have no issues with items ill never get IG for whatever reason i wont be able to do so as i -could- if i wanted to. This is not the case for this.

It doesn't have to be easy to get, just not given out in a way which makes it literally impossible for some people to participate or which guarantees some of those who want it won't get one no matter what they do because it's random and restricted only to a few.

That about sums up my opinion...... all these promotions kinda feel like a kick if you're a current player who actually wants these items (even if just for completionism). Anet gets some marketing done (generally speaking to appeal to 1. investors 2. people who don't play the game who might hear about it now), but that's not at the direct benefit of currnet players, of course it helps anet and the game and therefore us, but all we see is an item we'll never get. I don't prefer to, but i don't mind engaging in marketing schemes for these things.... but i live in europe, so i could not do any of that kung fu tea stuff, and while i will be able to watch the stream (and likely will) if it's just moderators tossing out a "20 people get this code now first come first serve" then i have no chance :/ if these things (anet outfit included) were gemstore, were any way of having a guaranteed method of acquisition for every person i'd much prefer it.

If we had some confirmation that the outfit would be available in the future, i think i'd be okay with it. as it stands, it seems like this will be the only way to acquire it and that absolutely sucks. it shouldn't be avilable through this one event only. I hope someone at ANET can let us know that this is going to be available in the future through the gem store.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@"sorudo.9054" said:it's probably yet another gem store item they give away in advance to streamers, many would not be able to watch and not many will see this as a good thing on Anet's account.

What gem store item have they given away in advance like this?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mini_Mr._Sparkles

I don’t think it was intended to be a gemstore item but it’s the closest that I could find.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:I went to a baseball game one time and during the 7th inning stretch people came around shooting free t shirts out of a t shirt launcher into the crowd. I didn't get one so I threw an entitled bratty tantrum to the management because how dare they NOT give me one of these free items!!!!!!!

At least you were at the game. Many of us won't be able to participate in the stream.

There were plenty of people that weren't able to go to that game.

S'long as it's available at a latter point in time for those who couldn't be present, I guess that's alright. It's not really an uncommon practice to draw a few names that gets stuff for free during a Stream, I dont see why this would be different. As others pointed out before though, a preview Would be nice (and make sense, if your goal is to get more people in)

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:"catch the whole stream on our official Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook channels"

Are they giving codes away on all 3 channels? Or is it only on Twitch, which I don't prefer to YouTube?Sigh, not sure I even remember my Twitch log-in.

I'd also like to know how exactly it works, but so far no one responded to my previous post.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:"catch the whole stream on our official Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook channels"

Are they giving codes away on all 3 channels? Or is it only on Twitch, which I don't prefer to YouTube?Sigh, not sure I even remember my Twitch log-in.

I can't even get twitch to work with my connection, for every 5 secs it plays it buffers for 10 ><

This really makes me prefer the SWTOR method. They have a Cantina, where they visit RL some city, they have fun, answer stuff, hand out tshirts to those lucky to be there, some ingame currency code......and this is the part that makes this work....then they release to those there a code for something ingame. A special speeder, decorations, a flair, whatnot...and that code works for whoever uses it, so inevitably it makes its way around the internet. So even though I was not able to attend ANY of the Cantinas, I still have and used the code for like 8 of them or so. I missed the 2018 one(s?) just wasn't paying attention.

But this kicks up interest both in those able to attend(they get more stuff, more news, and codes first) and those UNable to attend(they can hunt down the codes, which are often shared with guilds, forums, Discords, and last for a LONG time, like, months). The stuff is still exclusiveish(I won't ever be able to get the 2018 things) you can't sell the things(character bound), and much hype, since usually the things are cool.

I absolutely LOATHE the 'post a one-time-use-code-on-twitter-so-one-person can get/use/sell that code, while everyone is scrambling to try to use it. Bleh. Just the fact they are choosing this method is leaning me toward just skipping it altogether. Since I won't get any of the things, I may as well sleep in.

@Ryukai.6524 said:

I can't even get twitch to work with my connection, for every 5 secs it plays it buffers for 10 ><

Use the player settings to lower the stream quality.

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:I went to a baseball game one time and during the 7th inning stretch people came around shooting free t shirts out of a t shirt launcher into the crowd. I didn't get one so I threw an entitled bratty tantrum to the management because how dare they NOT give me one of these free items!!!!!!!

Im not throwing a fit, i just want the chance at it lol.

I don't get the chance to go to every baseball game. I don't get the chance to do a lot of things in life. Its life.There are many reasons why people are playing MMORPG games. Wanting the games to be like RL is
not
one of those reasons.

Someone help me understand the complaints. Because I really don't.

You show up live or are lucky in a stream and you get the outfit.You don't and well... you don't get it.

Why is this hard to accept for some people?I'm likely working that day so I won't get it. But there are a lot of things in this game I will never get. I think it's cool that those who attend live or get lucky on the stream get something potentially interesting.

Could someone help me understand the negative reaction? Right now it all just looks like comments of "no fair!" to cloak greed and jealousy.

People haven't even seen the outfit.

It feels like Kung Fu Tea again honestly. And remember, there will be people selling their codes for gold. Maybe 300 gold for the code. You know people will do it anyway.

One of my friends is from USA, I would love to tell her to go to the event for me and get 1 code, but obviously she is not a fan of the game and I can't force her either.

@"mindcircus.1506" said:Someone help me understand the complaints. Because I really don't.

You show up live or are lucky in a stream and you get the outfit.You don't and well... you don't get it.

Why is this hard to accept for some people?I'm likely working that day so I won't get it. But there are a lot of things in this game I will never get. I think it's cool that those who attend live or get lucky on the stream get something potentially interesting.

Could someone help me understand the negative reaction? Right now it all just looks like comments of "no fair!" to cloak greed and jealousy.

People haven't even seen the outfit.

People have explained why the feel that way.

Even if they broke it down atomically, you probably already have it in your mind that it's the wrong way to see things.

But, I'll do it for you anyways.

You see, people want to feel included.

This is even more the case now that Anet is actually making some kind of BIG announcement.

Considering how things went earlier this year for the company, most of us are hopeful about the news.

Then, we hear about a lottery digital item, that is guaranteed for those who attend in person, but they also get a swag bag.

Here we are, some of us, willing to give this company our time and (possibly our money).

We also are going to give them our time to attend their announcement, which even though it is a video game, it is still business.

They are looking at us to continue as customers.

The digital item is a token of attendance, but only guaranteed for those IRL, and for those "lucky".

If I am to commit time and watch the event stream, why is it so hard to give me a digital item?

I don't have to watch the stream live, and it is not that I am not interested.

But, plenty of others will and they will report on it, and I can also just watch a recording of it later.

When you attend events, you might get a sticker or a pen, and while its not guaranteed, it is often customary.

If I am attending their stream, what is so hard about giving out this artistic collection of electrons.

Which, last time I checked, there are about 10^80 of those, perhaps they have a few more to spare for committed fans?

I am not going to argue it back and forth.

This is my point of view.

From what I gather, yours is that, I don't get lucky- I don't get item, accept it.

P.s.

People like free stuffs

@hugo.4705 said:Agree, would be far better to give outfit in game for everyone logged the 30th august!Many peoples will not have it due to:-Very bad internet connction-Working due to their jobs-The very limited supply of codes-Wrong timing and conversions missing the stream-Not having money to travel to America

Please really consider of giving it in game.

It's just not how ANET role with promo's, comps and giveaways.. some part of the player base is always either excluded or ya know real life gets in the way of taking part.At least this time we don't get scammed by some half baked joint promo to give our personal info away.