What's the point of new 2v2 maps without any gamemode to play them?

Falan.1839

Since the addition of a few new skins and another map was sold us as PvP Update, I am really wondering what the point of this is. This is now the third 2v2 map rotting in hotjoin, which has not been played for years. The only thing custom arenas are used for is dueling practice, and that is done without even starting the game, so the map picked is pretty much irrelevant there. Instead of actually adding gamemodes, tournaments or any kind of content, the only halfway interesting content (mAT) gets disabled indefinitely.

It's like Anet is completely unable to provide anything ranging from bug fixes to actual content updates, while the only two things that work reliably are mapbuilding and the creation of new skins, so they just decide to throw those at PvP to pretend they are doing anything about that gamemode.

I wholeheartedly agree.There was a point to this before because of Dwayna's Duo's being a thing. But when was that? 9 months ago?That thing revitalized the community like crazy when it was on but then it was just dropped. It should be brought back, and it should be a monthly event at minimum. Like a week after the mAT. There really should be something going on every weekend.

Unless there is a unranked button for the now 4 tdm maps on the next balance. The population will keep dwindling down into nothing. Right now circlequest is so stale and boring that only a handful of players actually play it compared to back when seasons started. I had like 6 pages of friends playing when I'd look at "friends and guilds" and now it's down to one and a half pages of players from my list and 5 guilds that actually play ranked.

It's pretty pathetic that they haven't made a que yet and the only reason being is that no one else will bother with circlequest when 2v2 is a permanent thing.