This might sound silly but... [Sun's Refuge related]

I really miss having the skyscale hatchling and adolescent around. It was a fun activity periodically going back to check on the skyscale's health and her general happiness everyday and to be able to feed and interact with her. Likewise when she grew up and you played catch and hide n seek was also fun as well. It really made Sun's Refuge feel more alive and interactive. It would be nice to have that back again in some form.

A lot of people have expressed the wish to have their Skyscale herd permanently installed in Sun's Refuge to be able to play the minigames even after the mount is grown. I suspect that to make that happen would mean a developer would have to take up the idea as their personal side project they work on whenever time permits, but seeing ANet's track record I think there's a good possibility this might happen one day, although probably a good bit away yet.

That's nice to hear! I would love Anet even more if this did happen. I think the Skyscale hatchling part of the achievement quest line was one my favorite parts and spent way too much time throwing the ball toy in her nest. I think it's because it reminded me of the tamagatchi pets way back when I was kid. Thanks for your reply!

I agree. Since Gorrik was using what we learned to hatch the other skyscale eggs and presumably monitoring their progress after that it would make sense for there to always be baby skyscales to feed and adolescent ones to play with around Suns Refuge and it could be a fun, optional extra for players.

In the meantime however there's always the Exalted Portal Stone, which takes you back to the instance where you were playing with baby Aurene: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exalted_Portal_Stone

@"Danikat.8537" said:I agree. Since Gorrik was using what we learned to hatch the other skyscale eggs and presumably monitoring their progress after that it would make sense for there to always be baby skyscales to feed and adolescent ones to play with around Suns Refuge and it could be a fun, optional extra for players.

In the meantime however there's always the Exalted Portal Stone, which takes you back to the instance where you were playing with baby Aurene: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exalted_Portal_Stone

I think the games with the skyscale were a bit more developed, though. Aurene always throws the ball directly at you, catching the skyscale's ball can actually be a challenge.

@Danikat.8537 said:I agree. Since Gorrik was using what we learned to hatch the other skyscale eggs and presumably monitoring their progress after that it would make sense for there to always be baby skyscales to feed and adolescent ones to play with around Suns Refuge and it could be a fun, optional extra for players.

I would love this. When i went back to Sun's Refuge after I completed the Skyscale achievements, I was extremely sad that the adolescent skyscales weren't there. I get the baby hatchling we raised and played with being gone but the ambient ones too? So having the flock back would be great!

Even better if we could play with any recent hatchlings (which would basically just be our original hatchling) or have our adult skyscale follow us around a small area like she did when she missed you.

@draxynnic.3719 said:

@"Danikat.8537" said:I agree. Since Gorrik was using what we learned to hatch the other skyscale eggs and presumably monitoring their progress after that it would make sense for there to always be baby skyscales to feed and adolescent ones to play with around Suns Refuge and it could be a fun, optional extra for players.

In the meantime however there's always the Exalted Portal Stone, which takes you back to the instance where you were playing with baby Aurene:

I think the games with the skyscale were a bit more developed, though. Aurene always throws the ball directly at you, catching the skyscale's ball can actually be a challenge.

I agree, the skyscale version was much more developed and more fun. I was just suggesting the baby Aurene version as a hold-over for people who miss playing with young dragons, until we get more skyscales.