As a guild leader, I cannot email more than two members within x time... Its time to fix some things — Guild Wars 2 Forums

As a guild leader, I cannot email more than two members within x time... Its time to fix some things

Anet, I know you don't give guild love anymore, but for the love of god... at least let officers/guild leaders message their members! There is a real problem when I cannot message more than two members at a time. I realize that it prevents gold sellers from doing their thing, but can we make this like guild specific or something? Maybe we can authenticate accounts? There has to be an answer for this besides endless frustration. Also, while we're on the topic of guilds, please update guild missions. We need new missions, different / new rewards for them, and better toolkits to keep our members engaged, which ultimately helps keep Anet alive.

Leafstorm, Leader of Lion Knight.
470+ PvX _ 5+ years

Leader of Lion Knight / Guardian, Necro.
500 Member PvX / Ruthless Legend

Comments

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

Speaking of messages limit, in our guild wtnf we have the habit of giving away dyes to other members when we already unlocked them. When you have 15 dyes to give with each one a different player who want the dye it become really annoying and frustating and that very fast: Just sent the first mail with two dyes and already have the message "excessive messaging, wait before sending a mail again" the same thing with chat when publishing dyes name/code....

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Tzarakiel.7490Tzarakiel.7490 Member ✭✭✭

Guilds need a lot of quality of life and communication updates. Unfortunately nothing has happened to guilds since HoT. It feels like Anet has completely given up on guild features.

PvP? What's that? Never heard of it.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tzarakiel.7490 said:
    Guilds need a lot of quality of life and communication updates. Unfortunately nothing has happened to guilds since HoT. It feels like Anet has completely given up on guild features.

Totally that, at least they still add little decos in several Ls4 episodes map but it feels like it's made by a little independant collaborative of devs not a big team. The quality of guild hall dropped too, in gilded hollow even higher places are interesting whereas at that time mounts weren't available! Lost precipice is okay and windswept has no efforts put in it. I really think we need a great update. More treks more mission types, increase decos limit per area, racial decos, new rewards. Why not like bl keys or nodes for high ammount of commendations 75 or more? Even SCRIBE 500 for premade empty houses and decos for our home instance! Possibility to have our nodes in guild hall? Possibility are endless: Dungeon decos... Fractal decos... Raid decos.... Quests around the world to unlock new features.... locations.... dj golem....

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

This has been requested in the past, more than once. Seems like ANet likes things the way they are, else they would have changed it well before now.

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• +1 to this, in general though not only for guild purposes, can we have like a 5 message max instead of 2? Because I was just messing around with some strangers running around Amnoon in tonic form (costume brawl) then for a giggle I turned into the wintersday dolyak and when I got hit I thought it would be a fun idea to drop gifts, like the event... all I wanted to do was mail some rare unidentified gear but I could only send to 2 people. It was a real buzzkill.

• SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

People asked for mass mail option before but as everybody should know, guild development team is disbanded shortly after HOT. They didn't even further develop the guild hall which said to will have more features.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

--

Explanations of WvW Structures & Populations Issues

• iczek.9628iczek.9628 Member ✭✭✭

I understand mate.

I run HP Trains. I reply to every mail I receive thanking the player for their generosity. It can take a while replying to 20+ mails. A while ago I use to be able to send 3 mails at a time. At some point it was changed to 2.

• Mewcifer.5198Mewcifer.5198 Member ✭✭✭✭

@hugo.4705 said:
    Speaking of messages limit, in our guild wtnf we have the habit of giving away dyes to other members when we already unlocked them. When you have 15 dyes to give with each one a different player who want the dye it become really annoying and frustating and that very fast: Just sent the first mail with two dyes and already have the message "excessive messaging, wait before sending a mail again" the same thing with chat when publishing dyes name/code....

To get around this I will sometimes send multiple dyes to one person and tell them to pass along the extras to who they go to.

My list of suggestions for GW2
    Max Masteries | 17.5k AP

• The message suppression system is generally ridiculous. My favorite is getting suppressed for changing my LFG description too quickly (ie, when trying to organize a raid pug and needing to change what roles/specs I'm looking for in the LFG), despite doing so only generating a message to myself and my squad members.

• IndigoSundown.5419IndigoSundown.5419 Member ✭✭✭✭

@kharmin.7683 said:
    This has been requested in the past, more than once. Seems like ANet likes things the way they are, else they would have changed it well before now.

How many times did we see, "Can we have raids?" or "...mounts?" or "...build templates?" It seems there are times that ANet moves at the speed of late.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. -- Santayana

• Just because something has been requested before doesn't mean that we should give up.

• AgentMoore.9453AgentMoore.9453 Member ✭✭✭

The mail system is a bit of a bummer in general, but trying to manage a guild or other larger group is made even more difficult by its limitations. Chat suppression does have its purpose, but it doesn't always seem to correctly line up with the way people actually chat in Guild Wars 2. Perhaps this issue will be revisited by the ArenaNet team as they review quality of life changes; better late than never!

In the meantime, I strongly encourage guilds to start their own Enjin forums or Discord servers/chatrooms. Both are free services that make it easy to keep in touch. Discord in particular is nice because of its many communication features and customization, and it can either be accessed through a browser or downloaded onto a PC or phone as an application.

Resources like these are extremely helpful for coordinating with people even when they're offline, as messages wait there until a player can come home/online to read them, and starting private chats or managing guild moderation is as easy as starting a chat and dragging the necessary people into it so you can all work through an issue.

• We have discord with over 300 of our members that have joined it. Its a nice suggestion however, Discord does not make up for the in-game email system as you cant send items and other things. Also, being able mass PM guild members is a huge need while they're playing. Not everyone runs Discord while they play as it can drag down FPS. The fix isn't looking to another service - its just fixing the issue.

• Why talk about a fix when things are working as designed.
    The measure is in place to fight RMT (a.k.a. goldsellers). These people are a burden for the community as for the spam they are causing and cause they are the number one reason accounts get hacked. For Arenanet they are a burden as they monetise their game instead of themself. So there is a mutual interest to fight it.
    The result is a burden indeed. But to me, the cause is more important and the annoyance is not as much since I understood the background.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.