Warclaw in PvE

Why warclaw don't share WvW talents with PVE? For 3 enegry bar and speed at least? I see no reason why warclaw should be unusable in PvE. Just give him jackal's speed and 3 jump bars - and it will be good option for some PvP players, mount collectors and cat lovers :3

My guess is that it would be a serious amount of extra coding (including all the extra chances to mess up and introduce new bugs to pve mounts in general) to figure out if the character in question has the associated wvw masteries unlocked and whether or not you are in territory controlled by your faction (whatever that may be in pve).

Warclaw in wvw does start out with 2 energy bars and without extra speed in friendly territories, just like in pve. It's individual character masteries in wvw that enhance it for that character and gamemode alone.

I think it's because they wanted to make it purely a WvW mount, and something PvE-only players wouldn't ever feel was useful so no one feels like they have to unlock it unless they already play WvW.

Look at all the complaints the Gift of Battle gets from people who hate the thought of going into WvW. Imagine if they added a mount to that as well, something many players seem to feel is integral to playing the game, unlike legendaries which are purely optional.

@Danikat.8537 said:I think it's because they wanted to make it purely a WvW mount, and something PvE-only players wouldn't ever feel was useful so no one feels like they have to unlock it unless they already play WvW.

Look at all the complaints the Gift of Battle gets from people who hate the thought of going into WvW. Imagine if they added a mount to that as well, something many players seem to feel is integral to playing the game, unlike legendaries which are purely optional.

This.

The mount is a WvW mount and the only reason why it's available in PvE to begin with was to promote WvW as content. Given how that failed, they might as well remove it from PvE and make the mount bar smaller again. Mounts are supposed to fill different roles, and while that goal has been diluted with the Skyscale, there is no reason to make 1 mount a carbon copy of another.

Warclaw is fine in pve, i use the mount for when im tooling around taking the scenic route. I also like it thematically for certain characters, it goes well with the look i have in mind. If i want to get around the zones easy i will use skyscale or griffon they are best at it. But for the feeling of riding a lion ill use warclaw. Now if they want to improve it make it a winged lion lol

I don't see why they can't just make the baseline PvE version have the maxed WvW version's stuff like bonus speed and an extra dodge. It's not like that would be game breaking and it would still be outclassed by the other PvE mounts for the most part.But all I really want is for it to stop changing my default mount in PvE to Warclaw whenever I leave WvW.

@Ototo.3214 said:I don't see why they can't just make the baseline PvE version have the maxed WvW version's stuff like bonus speed and an extra dodge. It's not like that would be game breaking and it would still be outclassed by the other PvE mounts for the most part.But all I really want is for it to stop changing my default mount in PvE to Warclaw whenever I leave WvW.

You can bind mounts to hotkeys other than X. I have mine bound to my number pad.

@Makeshift Riot.8360 said:

@Ototo.3214 said:I don't see why they can't just make the baseline PvE version have the maxed WvW version's stuff like bonus speed and an extra dodge. It's not like that would be game breaking and it would still be outclassed by the other PvE mounts for the most part.But all I really want is for it to stop changing my default mount in PvE to Warclaw whenever I leave WvW.

You can bind mounts to hotkeys other than X. I have mine bound to my number pad.

I have all of my mounts, except the Warclaw, bound to a number on the numpad. I then also have a hotkey that's easier to hit without moving my hands to the numpad for just mount/dismount that uses the mount selected on my bar. I like to keep that set to raptor or skyscale as I use them the most. I like this setup and the game shouldn't change my selected PvE mount to something useless in PvE just cause I went to WvW for a hot minute.

I’m a huge cat lover so the warclaw was the sole reason I got into wvw and I use it at all the time. I wish it was a little faster and there were more skins for it, but even so I’m still happy because I get a cat haha. The achievements with it are funny too, sending you to all the cities to do cat like things. Ah. I just love this mount. ☺️

I'm fine with Warclaw as it is in PvE.

If there's one thing I would change though it's that I would make it so Warclaw is obtainable without expansions.It should be a core game mount imo and if it was it would put all WvW players on even ground if everyone could obtain it PoF or not.This would also allow the Warclaw to serve as a core game PvE mount for those without PoF who've unlocked it.

This would also be a great way to give those without PoF some good incentive to buy PoF to get the upgraded, faster mounts, as well as also being a huge incentive for new players to try WvW.Plus it also helps diminish's the mobility difference people in both WvW and PvE experience if they don't have access to mounts.God knows how many times i've seen newer players struggling to catch zergs, events and champs etc because they just can't compete with the horde of Raptors/Warclaws flying past them, at least with access to a Warclaw they could improve their chances at getting there in time in both game modes.

Anet is wasting this opportunity to sell more copies of PoF and get more people interested in trying WvW if you ask me.

I'm really not sure, but they are doing everything they can to make mounts look less and less useful in core tyria maps where all the prospective free players roam, while ignoring the broken state that the warclaw puts WvW in. Its really weird seeing them have no ability to prioritize logical game design. I now expect season 5 maps to have more invisible walls than tangled depths and dragons stand.