Aurene outfit code during stream

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

At least this time we don't get scammed by some half baked joint promo to give our personal info away.

Which they still will do if you actually need to make some twitch account (which I do not). Its no different from the bubble tea promo.... They should give to all or nothing to anybody. The ones attending live in theatre have the opportunity since they live close (US only again), they get a goodie bag and codes for free as the event is free entrance as well. Nobody knows how they will handle the Twitch thing but everyone can watch but your name won't be mentioned anywhere and one can't type if need be if you do not want to create an account at some 3rd party site like Twitch. And probably, this thing will never be available for ppl in any means, just like the mini linked earlier and the dragon emblem outfit (who cares about free full game unlock if one already purchased both expansions). Or if its available you will have to spend a fortune to get it while people got it for free just coz they were born in the right area.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Khailyn.6248" said:During the stream, we’ll give away some codes for an Ascended Aurene Clothing Outfit so your characters can stay cool and look stylish through the end of summer.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/dont-miss-our-special-announcement-event/

All I can say is, way to screw over those that have to be at work during the stream. I like to catch a stream when I can but it sucks to miss a giveaway just because we have obligations outside of gaming. The only way this could work is if the code isnt limited in supply but rather limited to a time based window, but I doubt it'll work that way.

The entitlement... buddy, it's how the world works. You are not gonna get people to re-schedule their events just so you can participate!

Likewise, you are not getting multiple streams from a small team just so you have a chance at winning!

@Aaralyna.3104 said:

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:Or if its available you will have to spend a fortune to get it while people got it for free just coz they were born in the right area.

This is how life works. I want to go see the Eiffel tower in France, but I have to pay for a flight over just to see it when people born in France get to see it for free every day. I mean literally pick anything on earth. Some people are near it, others are not. It's insane to act like the world has done you a great disservice because something is happening in a place not near you.

@"sorudo.9054" said:it's probably yet another gem store item they give away in advance to streamers, many would not be able to watch and not many will see this as a good thing on Anet's account.

This is probably the closest to correct answer that has been given, might I suggest to everyone to read the announcement several times, slowly if you have to, because the way I read it and interpret it is that those watching on Twitch as well as the partnered Streamers will get a code for an Ascended Aurene Clothing Outfit, as will every single person in attendance at the event itself...which to me means that those who get a code will be able to enter the code into the Gem Store when it becomes available and receive it for "free", while anyone not getting a code has the option to purchase it. I may or may not be right, but that's how I read it.

If it shows up in the gemstore later, it’ll be ok. If it’s available recurrently through various events, it’ll be ok. However, if they don’t express this before the event, there will be some backlash.

If, however, this is the only chance to obtain the item, there will be an absolute hell to pay. The backlash will be strong enough to kill someone lol

@Tiviana.2650 said:

@Frostfang.5109 said:What time is this giveaway/livestream in Sweden? And yes, I agree, why not make it a bit more fair to more ppl.

In GMT +2 (which covers germany, I think) the stream starts at 1800 hours (or 6pm) on a friday. So, I mean, it's not the worst time in the world if you exclude personal circumstance.

In NA its straight up work school time.

so what? most streams are at horrendous times for europeans. So what is your problem exactly? That this time EU is not screwed?

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@"sorudo.9054" said:it's probably yet another gem store item they give away in advance to streamers, many would not be able to watch and not many will see this as a good thing on Anet's account.

This is probably the closest to correct answer that has been given, might I suggest to everyone to read the announcement several times, slowly if you have to, because the way I read it and interpret it is that those watching on Twitch as well as the partnered Streamers will get a code for an Ascended Aurene Clothing Outfit, as will every single person in attendance at the event itself...which to me means that those who get a code will be able to enter the code into the Gem Store when it becomes available and receive it for "free", while anyone not getting a code has the option to purchase it. I may or may not be right, but that's how I read it.

So you think this statement means everyone watching will get codes?

During the stream, we’ll give away some codes for an Ascended Aurene Clothing Outfit

Why would they not write codes to everyone instead of some codes?

I read some codes as few the very lucky ones

@Arden.7480 said:There are 1,800 seats in Moore Theatre, so 1,800 codes can be given if you reach there, just saying...

Yes because I, someone who lives an ocean and a continent away, will be able to get to the Moore Theatre in Seattle without extraordinary pains or money spent just for a free gemstore outfit code that was announced ten days before the event.

I get that there are different opinions on the matter, but this by far has got to be the weirdest take.

People who show at the event irl get unique things in game others won't have.... and Anet thinks it's ok... they are fully aware that half of their players are on other continents and obviously different time zones and can't travel or watch their stream ....but the fact that I poured 14k+ hours in the game since launch and logged in every single day means I have same armors and outfits someone who started recently has .... new people are given old things that should only be available to people who DID THE EVENT YEARS AGO....It just shows they care nothing for vet players.... yet I spent £70 just trying to get this RNG blc one ....so much for people who supported them since the launch....

@castlemanic.3198 said:

@Arden.7480 said:There are 1,800 seats in Moore Theatre, so 1,800 codes can be given if you reach there, just saying...

Yes because I, someone who lives an ocean and a continent away, will be able to get to the Moore Theatre in Seattle without extraordinary pains or money spent just for a free gemstore outfit code that was announced ten days before the event.

I get that there are different opinions on the matter, but this by far has got to be the weirdest take.

I live in Europe, and obviously I'm not gonna travel to Seattle for a code, I mean if I planned going on PAX West 2019 for months, I'd of course start off my PAX with Anet's announcement.

My point was that 1,800 people can actually get a free code for an outfit.

But anyway, what's so wrong about the giveaway? You can't watch it - oopsy, but it's not gonna change anything if you get another skin or not. I think if you are into Caithe's outfit (because that's how this Aurene outfit will look like, I think), then yeah - you can be pissed off, but it will certainly be available on Gemstore sooner or later.

@Arden.7480 said:I live in Europe, and obviously I'm not gonna travel to Seattle for a code, I mean if I planned going on PAX West 2019 for months, I'd of course start off my PAX with Anet's announcement.

My point was that 1,800 people can actually get a free code for an outfit.

Considering that this thread has been entirely about the twitch aspect of it (and as I and others have pointed out, whether the outfit will be acquirable in the future), I see no reason to have brought this up because the 1800 seats irl don't affect the people whose main issue is the twitch aspect of the giveaway and whether or not the outfit will be available in the future. Especially since you yourself are in Europe.

But anyway, what's so wrong about the giveaway? You can't watch it - oopsy, but it's not gonna change anything if you get another skin or not. I think if you are into Caithe's outfit (because that's how this Aurene outfit will look like, I think), then yeah - you can be pissed off, but it will certainly be available on Gemstore sooner or later.

we don't really have any proof that it will be on the gemstore later. This is the first time we've heard of this outfit, and it being a limited release thing makes those of us who can't make it concerned that it won't be on the gemstore outfit. If you feel absolutely certain that it will be on the gemstore later, I can see why you don't get the issue. But I don't see any indication that it will be on the gemstore later, and that's something that is concerning to me. If Anet just comes out and says that it'll be available later, that's my only issue resolved. Until we get that confirmation though, I see no evidence that it will end up as a gemstore item in the future.

@MetalGirl.2370 said:People who show at the event irl get unique things in game others won't have.... and Anet thinks it's ok... they are fully aware that half of their players are on other continents and obviously different time zones and can't travel or watch their stream ....but the fact that I poured 14k+ hours in the game since launch and logged in every single day means I have same armors and outfits someone who started recently has .... new people are given old things that should only be available to people who DID THE EVENT YEARS AGO....It just shows they care nothing for vet players.... yet I spent £70 just trying to get this RNG blc one ....so much for people who supported them since the launch....

I would hazard a guess it is way more than half their playerbase that gets to loose out as usual.But if you really are that genuinely annoyed about it then the only way you can really feel you make yourself heard is to just not put anymore money into the gemstore. It comes down to once bitten twice shy really.Then again it's just another skin, not like we don't have a plethora to choose from already and if they do have the bare face cheek to then offer to the rest of us for a price on the gemstore.. don't buy it and feel happy you made your point.

@knomslayer.9457 said:The outfits will eventually be available at the gemstore.

That's unlikely, seeing as the GW2 logo outfit also never was available outside of RL events and promotions.

I'd love to see a preview of that Ascended Aurene outfit before deciding whether it's worth it, though. ;)

@Arden.7480 said:I think if you are into Caithe's outfit (because that's how this Aurene outfit will look like, I think)

That's just an assumption. I don't think it will be that, but who knows?

then yeah - you can be pissed off, but it will certainly be available on Gemstore sooner or later.

I seriously doubt that.

@Leablo.2651 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:"catch the whole stream on our official Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook channels"

Are they giving codes away on all 3 channels? Or is it only on Twitch, which I don't prefer to YouTube?Sigh, not sure I even remember my Twitch log-in.

I can't even get twitch to work with my connection, for every 5 secs it plays it buffers for 10 ><

Use the player settings to lower the stream quality.

That IS! on the lowest settings... :( My closest exchange point is just over 5 miles away, so I consider myself lucky if my speeds get higher that 250kbps T_T

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Why do people think it will be a Gem Store item? The last Outfit given away wasn't available in the Gem Store; nor the one before that, I believe.

What outfit did they give away before that was an exclusive? I can't remember any offhandedit: oh wait - was there an emblem one?

It makes more sense for them to profit from it financially after going to the effort of designing it which is why many of us expect to see it as a gem store item. Not that I care if they don't. It's just a standard giveaway after all. Anyone who collects things like toys and funko pops and other collectibles will understand that there some thing you only get if you are in the right place at the right time or are willing to travel to a specific convention to have a chance at getting them (or ebay).