[Suggestion] 1 More New mount

• 1 year later...

@vyncius.6105 said:please no more mounts, no more boring story. Just go full bananas on wvw, pvp and hard pve content

Or, you know, just have more than like 1 guy on each of those while you also work on story and expansion. It's okay to invest in the game. It would probably be more popular if you did so consistently at any point in its lifetime. Who knows? We might be playing the next expansion right now with Alliances, frequent PvP balance updates, build templates/armory that isn't complete garbage and everything else that should have already happened to make this game what it should be rather than what it is.

Look at the poor thing. It's starving! Give it some love already!

Edit: Oops! Saw the date too late. But still applies today!

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@VocalThought.9835 said:I like the idea of having a really slow mount above land, but underwater it's really fast. And have it climb walls. It could be a tree fish or something like that. And have it where you can stand on it's back when you ride it.

I want a spider that can climb quickly over vertical surfaces and web sling!

I am arachnophobic, but even so that could be cool.

@Funky.4861 said:A diving skimmer would not be a skimmer anymore. The clue is in the name. While i admire the attempts to save anet time and money by upgrading the skimmer, in effect it would be quite different from what we have now. Also, mount skins sell, so with a refitted skimmer there would be no financial benefit as there would be no new mount skins.

This aged well. lol

But since the powers of necromancy brought this back, I'll take the chance to say that I wouldn't mind a completely underwater mount since the skimmer is now an amphibious mount. But honestly, I'm pretty satisfied with the mounts as they are. There are many different types and they are all pretty unique, so no mount really becomes obsolete.I'd prefer to see underwater combat (skills, etc.) and gear be updated a bit though. Honestly, it's not awful, but it could be better, especially if underwater areas are going to be expanded in the next expansion. Maybe a mastery that improves underwater movement speed (both swimming and skimmer) by 20% or something.

@AliamRationem.5172Also, an underwater WvW map? Yes please. Build those siege submarines!! lol

To this day, I haven't finished taking the mastery of the skimmer that dives, and I don't even intend to take it. I find it very unnecessary, since the gameplay under water is very undervalued in the game. To this day I believe that this new skimmer skill was to trick players and save you the trouble of creating a completely new mount ...

@lummuss.6850 said:To this day, I haven't finished taking the mastery of the skimmer that dives, and I don't even intend to take it. I find it very unnecessary, since the gameplay under water is very undervalued in the game. To this day I believe that this new skimmer skill was to trick players and save you the trouble of creating a completely new mount ...

Honestly, anything that makes underwater play less lame is good in my book. My only concern is that it'll be used to inflict even more underwater combat upon us in future story epsides or worse, the expansion. I felt this was a pretty solid upgrade to the skimmer, though.

@lummuss.6850 said:To this day, I haven't finished taking the mastery of the skimmer that dives, and I don't even intend to take it. I find it very unnecessary, since the gameplay under water is very undervalued in the game. To this day I believe that this new skimmer skill was to trick players and save you the trouble of creating a completely new mount ...

Collecting all that underwater unbound magic in Bitterfrost is so much faster and more relaxing with the underwater skimmer.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@StinVec.3621 said:

@RandomWolf.3986 said:When playing with a few friends I noticed a bug where a "swimming" animation was activated for a Raptor for a few seconds. It seems like the original mounts were meant to work on water but the idea was later scrapped.

And I'm positive we're not getting any new mounts.

When there’s so many possibilities such as 2 seater mounts, both land and air, or underwater mounts for an expansion against the Sea Dragon?

One should never say never or positive we’re not, when no one actually knows, as you might find your positive is the alternate definition of

I would be curious to see how they would implement a two-seater mount as I think that would be quite a nice feature that I do not think any other game has.

Beyond being great for non-combat traversing for friends, combat would be quite interesting.One person (the 'driver') controls the mount, another person (the 'passenger') can fire off ranged attacks, or in the case of flying mounts, drop bombs. :)

but my understanding is that the passenger has no capabilitites.

How about the deluxe model for carrying whole raid groups. ^^

Would it be like a double decker skimmer?

On that note, while I haven't unlocked it yet, the skimmer can be ridden underwater already, so not out of the realm of possibility.