Champion Rush: The best places to farm?

@"Loosmaster.8263" said:Another event to hit while this is going on is the Joko portal invasions. Only issue is they're every hour but still a source.

Ohhh that's a good one https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_invading_Awakened I'll leave this here so people can see the zone rotation for it :D

There's also https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_dragon_minions_before_they_absorb_too_much_ley-line_magic after they have been successfully completed they spawn a champion for the 2nd part.. Also the 'daily Rhendak' run, be prepared to constantly hear "Looking for portal to Rhend" in Diessa Plateau chat :P

Also the ley-line legendary anomaly, if enough people take part it spawns champions during the adds phase, but they don't drop loot, so I'm unsure as to whether they would count or not?

@"Linken.6345" said:Legendary executioner, its not called champion executioner now is he so wont count.If they got this golden circle they are champions mates.300px-Champion_rank.jpg

Just killed a Legendary Executioner and DID! get a champion mark from it, so they DO count :D

@Blanche Neige.7241 said:We need 5 champion marks to be able to trade for ONE box of goods.

Not worth the time to farm 5 champs to end up with a handful of more or less worthless mats, unless you have an indefectible faith in your luck.

Well that's pants, I'll just be doing the dailies to get the community participation and that's it then :/

@Loosmaster.8263 said:Ran the Joko event in Gendarran. No Marks from the champs!!!

Well that's pants too :(

Here's some observations from Frostgorge and Reddit:

• White Mantle Bosses from the Justice bounties count.
  • Dungeon champs do not count.
  • Loot-bearing champs in meta events (Coil) do count; the ones that don't give XP or loot also don't drop marks.
  • I saw contradictory info about champs during Claw of Jormag final event. Can't tell if people were watching the ledges carefully enough to distinguish the champs that never spawn loot from the ones that always do.

One bonus box of loot costs 5 marks.

My first reaction was... sounds like too much work. My second reaction was: eh, it's a lot easier to kill 5 champs when I want compared to chasing the World Boss train. So, I'm a tad more likely to participate in this one, if only by accident.

I haven't seen specific reports about champs spawning during Tequatl.

I'll try to do the dailies - which also give enough marks for one more box. Then trying to turn in some (at least 1 mark) each tier to make sure to get the rewards each tier. Other than that not farming it. Boring. World Bosses at least were a bit more fun - especially since I had some achievements missing. And they directly gave chests each time.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I haven't seen specific reports about champs spawning during Tequatl.

There are champs that spawn during Shadow Behemoth during the portal phase.

Oh! Also there are champ's that sometimes spawn during the fire elemental 'cleaning the main room' part, and those DO drop loot. Which is coming up on the event timer right now. I shall report back if any spawn during it.

Edit : Nope :(

@Ryukai.6524 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I haven't seen specific reports about champs spawning during Tequatl.

There are champs that spawn during Shadow Behemoth during the portal phase.

My apologies for being unclear.What I meant was, I hadn't seen reports as to whether the champs that spawn during
any
of the phases actually drop the marks or not. (Champs can also spawn before the first burn, if 5+ people are near the anti-turret loci, e.g. south boats).

Oh! Also there are champ's that sometimes spawn during the fire elemental 'cleaning the main room' part, and those DO drop loot. Which is coming up on the event timer right now. I shall report back if any spawn during it.

Edit : Nope :(

As expected.

Generally speaking, there are three types of foes:

• Normal ones
  • Scaling foes, that exist only to slow the fight down long enough for more people to participate. These given neither loot nor XP.
  • Upscaling foes, upgraded versions of the same, e.g. veterans or elites or champs. Also non-lootbearing.

From what we've seen in the past, the second types also don't trigger any other mechanics in the game: they don't rally the downed or trigger on-kill sigils... and they don't drop bonus loot.

That said, it's only a theory that future mechanics will behave as expected. It's a plausible theory and unlikely to be incorrect this time. But... I always prefer to check rather than assume.

Frostgorge would be the way to go except ANet cleverly distributed the dailies to get people to go to each region. I will say I didn't find many champs when putzing around, though the ley line Inquest/Consortium/Priory duel will spawn a champ ley thingie. Takes a while to get to it, however.

@"aspirine.6852" said:So yeah this even is trash in frostgorge. People all over the place. Its a kitten. Skip event for me.

Dude you're not embracing this event fully: It really is what dreams are made of, and we're so lucky to have this event we should be thankful. I think you're doing it wrong or something. Follow these guidelines for maximum FUN >>>

1) Click on icon on top right of screen to help find nearest champ2) Run around on various maps like a head-less chicken looking for other head-less chickens equally running around3) Find a champ4) Use maximum gaming skill by pressing "1" and if you're feeling that you have the ability to attain "Player Skill Mastery level 100", you can try pressing 2,3, maybe F1 or even a mouse click if you can combine use of keyboard and mouse simultaneously, although I would only advise this strategy for Advance and Elite Gamers.5) Then watch screen for several seconds or a minute at a mess of graphics, animation and RNG attack & boon sounds with fellow head-less chickens trying to attain maximum skill level advancement strategy from upgrading from pressing "1" to "1,2,3,F1".6) Then champ be dead7) Then receive 1 (ONE) x Loot Box with 99.99% chance of receiving a material of 2 copper worth, and a 0.0001% chance of landing a Confetti Confusion...8) Then see 1) and repeat9) Then see 1) again and repeat for 24 hours a day for 7 days until event ends, knowing you had a great fun time, and it was worth every second.

Got a few to see, and to be honest... Not worth my time. The loot from these boxes is low, and given the fact you need 5 of those marks for 1 box, and then end up with 3 or 4 medium tier mats... I am not convinced

Now the downside is that this event immediatly follows after the Festival. not a single minute break inbetween.Lots of people that were hoping some maps will fill up again, are going to be dissapointed.

On the positive side... I'd say 24 hours before people give up on this new event.

Can we please get something World Wide for once? ALL maps? So that those of us, hoping to get people in maps beyond Central Tyria for events, meta's and achievements don't have to wait FOREVER?

Bad planning in my humble oppinion.

They probably knew that farming one map would happen. While for world bosses the bosses had times and you wanted to be busy all the time ... it was easy to change maps and go online timed if you wanted only specific bosses - without much waiting time.

Here I find it more problematic. Prevents people from farming one map ... but then again some still might stay at preferred maps after finishing 1 daily kill for other regions. The boring thing is having to wait for some champ to appear while switching maps. I guess "trains" will be possible but then you have to follow their pace. I just want my 1 daily for each region if possible ... will require joining a map. Then waiting for someone to announce in chat and then going there fast (champs die faster).

Is there any confirmied info on the rewards? Wiki says participating in one tier is enough to qualify for all reward tiers (as long as the community completes them)? - But not confirmed/verified, that info. If the participation is generated by trading marks I guess getting 5 and buying the karma thing for 1 mark in each tier ... would be safest? (Or to make sure ... killing 1 daily as well.)

Mainly I want the tonic from last tier - while minimizing the effort and maximizing the time I can have for other parts of the game. (Still lots of other stuff to do.) And I guess the reward bar will be timed manually in secret by ArenaNet - so it jus manages to finish (not fail) barely in time for the end of the event. ;)

best place to famr is diffcult, because inherently all of the core events scale very very very badly, both class (vet/elite etc) of enemies + their hp/defiance, the only things which sort of scale better are all events on the maps that were added later- bandit champions, joko incursions et cetera. so... even if you follow a train GL getting a hit.

that said, frostgorge is the best right now due to the map bonus, i think it's cursed shore is better on champion marks alone (and malchors leap too).

Did one of the bandits in Kessex Hills that turned out to be a legendary and I was asking myself why someone tagged up for it since it's not a champion but surprisingly it counts towards the event as well. I'm wondering if dungeon bosses count as well since they're considered core content too.

This morning I checked LA to see the progress bar. It was roughly 5%. I thought to myself "ok this isn't happening" and moved on.Later today I was in LA again and clicked the event text out of curiosity. The progress was less than 1%.

Several posibilities here, unless I'm missing something:

1. Event is bugged: the tracking "type" is similar to mystic forge donation events, with multiple "progress bars" for multiple map instances instead of being a unique progress bar for all like other "community tiered rewards" type of events.
  2. Event progress is being tracked in a way that I'm not getting.
  3. Event is bugged in a way that I'm not getting.

All of them good options.That aside, the event itself is very poorly put together as far as I can tell (with having to guess which champ actually counts for the event based on random criteria) and the scaling (the total ammount of marks required relative to community involvement) I think was significantly overestimated by Anet this time and we'll end up barely making T2, assuming the tracking isn't bugged like I mentioned above and any progress at all happens.

Oh well. Not surprising really.

I guess ArenaNet miscalculated the amount of people that would farm bosses and turning in marks. Then manually trying to adjust ... and making a mistake. Which explains why the bar got lower instead of higher. Or a lot of people are just farming and not trading in the marks yet. Or just a display bug.

@Lexi.1398 said:best place to famr is diffcult, [...]

It comes down to organized vs. chaotic. You can spend tons of silver by teleporting to cleared locations if the population in the zone is a tad on the anarchic side. Or you can park yourself in a quick-spawn location and get 10 tokens/hour while doing something else and only becoming active when the boss respawns, jumping onto the world bosses when their time comes to increase your yield ...