So what is even the future of this game?

@"TexZero.7910" said:Again 3 minute trailer 42 minutes of stage time. Doubt.Even the HoT Pax event had more than a first look and ran for about the same time. There's more than just a "first look" going on.

HoT's event was a "first look" into HoT. It's simply the first time they're showing/talking about it. They will of course be talking about season 5, where they've been and what's to come, but don't expect anything more. 45 minutes really isn't a lot of time and past events will show you how they can easily waste it if they choose to, such as taking 10 minutes just to get through an introduction and onto the main topic, and we already know they'll be answering questions.

Note that they've held big events like this for less. PAX 2013 took 1.5 hours to show off the revamped Tequatl.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the future would be an engine overhaul/upgrade to support DX12 and run as expected on high end machines instead of merely hitting 30fps on a high end ultra rig on low settings while games that just came out can go over 100 fps on ultra 4K.

Edit: Oh, and hopefully some actions against afk farmers and toxicity!

^^ pointing at lots of things and saying they are anti social does nothing and is often simply a manifestation of the players personal disfaction.

Objectively what group content does gw2 have (all of which can be played with pugs or guildies)

• Open world events - way way more than any other mmorpg
  • Wvw - best in mmorpg land.
  • Spvp
  • spvp custom.
  • regular new maps - more than any other mmorpgFestivals - good as any other mmorpgDungeons/fractals - kept relevant due to power cap, but do need more.Raids - bit of an issue, it's targeting a dying style of gameplay (meter/rotation min maxing). Needs casual friendly.

more active content than any other mmorpg with no power curve gating new players, so the issue is not the game.

The real issue is the players, more especially player in last decade that think games are about new content, when that is only a small part of the picture, the real issue is the self entitlement thing and the lost ability to drive your own goals and objectives (the true core of a great mmorpg)

I've spent years playing this game with friends, and I don't think I could just move onto another MMO. It's Guild Wars 2 or nothing for me. I know that, eventually, it will be put on maintainence mode, but that's a distant vision. Right now, we're looking at a very peculiar circumstance, and it's probably best not to get too excited.

There does seem to be an awful lot of hype for, as far as what the past has provided, a bunch of very minor additions to the game alongside very short chapters in the LW story. There's a whole conference planned for the announcement of LWS5, and probably the most ambitious people are suggesting it could be game-changing.

A few things come to mind... aside from the fact that it's very clearly going to revolve around Jormag, there's no way a 45 minute conference would just talk about story and minor content... I expect it to involve trying to appeal to a wider variety of investors and putting down a very good reason as to why you should start playing Guild Wars 2 if you've not done so already.

So... there's definitely something big coming, but the definition of "big content" has been a bit warped over time, so all the most ambitious expectations are confusing to me.

@vesica tempestas.1563 said:^^ pointing at lots of things and saying they are anti social does nothing and is often simply a manifestation of the players personal disfaction.

Objectively what group content does gw2 have (all of which can be played with pugs or guildies)

• Open world events - way way more than any other mmorpg
  • Wvw - best in mmorpg land.
  • Spvp
  • spvp custom.
  • regular new maps - more than any other mmorpgFestivals - good as any other mmorpgDungeons/fractals - kept relevant due to power cap, but do need more.Raids - bit of an issue, it's targeting a dying style of gameplay (meter/rotation min maxing). Needs casual friendly.

more active content than any other mmorpg with no power curve gating new players, so the issue is not the game.

The real issue is the players, more especially player in last decade that think games are about new content, when that is only a small part of the picture, the real issue is the self entitlement thing and the lost ability to drive your own goals and objectives (the true core of a great mmorpg)

Ehm...games are always about new content, for the simple reason will eventually complete them and all that they have to offer. This goes for online and single-player games. What you don't mention is:

1-Open world events take little coordination minus coordinating lanes and zerging.2- spvp does not allow teams in ranked, only solo-duo players. Unranked does. It should be the other way around! This situation caters specifically for soloers.3-spvp custom is a joke where you can switch teams during the match! If you're losing 150-400....don't worry....just switch to the winning team!4-Maps have quantity but not so much quality-- they're not much different from each other, not much variation in metas, same dull heart quests and map currency grind5-Dungeons are and have been dead for years, fracs and raids do get occasional support, but...fractals are messed up due to some of the thoughtlessly made instabilities which kneecap certain groups and builds for basically no reason, raids are only for specific types of players(min/maxers, those who favor rotation-heavy encounters)

Yeah, the self-entitlement is a problem in players, but you are wrong about the core of a great mmorpg. The core is and always will be the community. If the game doesn't give enough community support and activity and merely caters to the solo and single-players, it will die. It's that simple. Individual players, who are not committed to any group, who log in and out for dailies, simply cannot sustain it. It's just a fact, simply because of in-game presence. Group activity drives mmos, not merely individual goals and interests, especially those that completed the base game and personal story. Guilds are not even mentioned in this, the core of any mmo. Guild functions are severely lacking in this game.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:"Are you ready to catch the very first look at an all-new chapter in Guild Wars 2‘s Living World story?"

Again 3 minute trailer 42 minutes of stage time. Doubt.Even the HoT Pax event had more than a first look and ran for about the same time. There's more than just a "first look" going on.

Don't get this .. doubt what? That they are going to release it? They did a special event just to NOT have LS5 and trick people?

@vyncius.6105 said:

@Goettel.4389 said:Only thing I do is group content, you might have missed it. Use LFG.

Even better: Use a commander (or Mentor) Tag. That gathers groups in Open-World quite fast, commander & LFG together even better.

And I don't worry if raids and the rest of the DPS-community dies out :) I would rather see it as gain (less toxic people) than as problem.

gain???? GAIN????!!???!!?

poor casual soul...Hardcore community dies= game dies.

Hard core communities don't indicate the health of the game. They indicate the health of hard core communities. The game will go on long after you guys are gone. The game won't die. There are plenty of hard core casuals like me.