I think Photon Forge's skills needs some changes in their range.

Antycypator.9874

Currently AA chain has 240 range, when one-handed sword's range is 130. Even GS in other classes has 130 or 150 range. I think reducing the range of Photon Forge's AA chain to 130 or 150 would be fair.Photon Blitz (4th skill) has 600 range. For trade-off we could get increased range of this skill to 900.Maybe Holografic Shockwave should get decreased range from 600 to 450.

@Antycypator.9874 said:Currently AA chain has 240 range, when one-handed sword's range is 130. Even GS in other classes has 130 or 150 range. I think reducing the range of Photon Forge's AA chain to 130 or 150 would be fair.Photon Blitz (4th skill) has 600 range. For trade-off we could get increased range of this skill to 900.Maybe Holografic Shockwave should get decreased range from 600 to 450.

Except for the Photon Blitz range increase (at this point compensations are completely unnecessary) I agree with everything you're proposing. Adjustments like the ones you're suggesting should have happened a long time ago.

@Chaba.5410 said:

@Antycypator.9874 said:Currently AA chain has 240 range, when one-handed sword's range is 130. Even GS in other classes has 130 or 150 range. I think reducing the range of Photon Forge's AA chain to 130 or 150 would be fair.

Fair for what? I don't understand why shorten it. The Photon Forge isn't supposed to be a sword.

It's a sword, staff, pistols and hammer in one. Every skill show you a weapon on attack. At AA chain and Holographic Leap it's a sword. I think it should have range as a normal sword (or greatsword).

@Antycypator.9874 said:

@Antycypator.9874 said:Currently AA chain has 240 range, when one-handed sword's range is 130. Even GS in other classes has 130 or 150 range. I think reducing the range of Photon Forge's AA chain to 130 or 150 would be fair.

Fair for what? I don't understand why shorten it. The Photon Forge isn't supposed to be a sword.

It's a sword, staff, pistols and hammer in one. Every skill show you a weapon on attack. At AA chain and Holographic Leap it's a sword. I think it should have range as a normal sword (or greatsword).

That does not fit with the animations at all. The animations suggest weapons that are twice as large as normal, thanks to their holographic status.

@Antycypator.9874 said:

Again, fair for what exactly? The skills are representations of weapons, but not actually those weapons yet you want to make them those weapons like on other classes to be fair to those other classes? That's missing the point that the skills on Photon Forge aren't supposed to be those actual weapons. (BTW GS auto attack on mesmer is not 130-150 range lol.)

@"rdigeri.7935" said:I think what they're trying to say is that it's fair balance-wise.

Balance-wise, it needs to be better than Bomb, which has been our go-to AA for ages (240 radius AoE damage). In a sense, bomb is the AA by which we measure all of our other attacks. The first two autos of the AA forge chain are not better than bomb. The third is. Compared to bomb, the AA on forge isn't egregious.

I wouldn't be miffed about a reduction in the range of HS, but it's really only an issue in sPvP.

I don't know about the balance aspect but the point of the holo projector is to materialize everything you want on the fly, it's perhaps the only thing that I find attractive and it's true that many of its users would probably enlarge it almost comically if it weighs nothing and that you need that cleave.

@MrForz.1953 said:I don't know about the balance aspect but the point of the holo projector is to materialize everything you want on the fly, it's perhaps the only thing that I find attractive and it's true that many of its users would probably enlarge it almost comically if it weighs nothing and that you need that cleave.

The animation, as it exists, measures out to around 240px. You'd have to do a lot of rejiggering to make it look like 130px, and in essence this nerf would make the AA weaker than bomb in many ways.

@rdigeri.7935 said:I think what they're trying to say is that it's fair balance-wise.

When talking about balance, there is usually another thing it is being measured against. That's how a balance works: place two objects on either side. In this case it isn't clear what the other object is. It seems to be the sword on other classes. Doesn't that seem like an odd way to consider skill balance?

@Chaba.5410 said:

@rdigeri.7935 said:I think what they're trying to say is that it's fair balance-wise.

When talking about balance, there is usually another thing it is being measured against. That's how a balance works: place two objects on either side. In this case it isn't clear what the other object is. It seems to be the sword on other classes. Doesn't that seem like an odd way to consider skill balance?

Yeah i guess holo's fine if we compare it to reaper shroud autos;I just express what i think they meant.

I agree with Yasai, i'd rather shave durability instead of range.