Do Anet has plans to keep their promise, on item reset?

Gaf.6709

@Pifil.5193 said:

@Gaf.6709 said:when Anet failed to reset all of our equipment, they said on their live stream and forum, that they would reset All the equipment that failed in the first attempt as quickly as possible. has Anet just chosen to ignore this, or ??

Mine has all reset. What hasn't reset for you?

all my items were CORE stats where chosen, didn't get reset..

@Tzarakiel.7490 said:The item stat reset was an unfortunate side effect. It was not a bonus that everyone was supposed to get, it was a nuisance that some had to deal with.

On the contrary, their blog post made it clear that many items would be reset.

@"Gaf.6709" said:when Anet failed to reset all of our equipment, they said on their live stream and forum, that they would reset All the equipment that failed in the first attempt as quickly as possible. has Anet just chosen to ignore this, or ??They did run their script again. And, according to them, they were able to fix all the items they felt were relevant.

What made things confusing is that the reset didn't end up being applied consistently, so some items changed that were unexpected and some that we expected would change failed to do so.

The way I look at is: before the announcement, I had no expectation of every seeing stats reset on any of my gear. After implementation, I got a chance to repurpose a lot of gear, for which I'm grateful. There were exceptions: several of my items "should" have reset and did not; I've just chosen not to fuss about them because it's so easy to replace them if I need to.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Tzarakiel.7490 said:The item stat reset was an unfortunate side effect. It was not a bonus that everyone was supposed to get, it was a nuisance that some had to deal with.

On the contrary, their blog post made it clear that many items would be reset.

It doesn't change what he said. It was an unfortunate side effect that was known to happen beforehand and as such, anet informed the players about that fact.

When this change goes live, many pieces of attribute-selectable gear will reset. You’ll need to reselect the attribute combinations on your equipped gear and the gear in your inventory. If your equipped gear is affected, you will receive a hint reminding you to select attributes for it.

• Confused 1