List of Profession Specific Guilds

Zacchary.6183

I'm using this thread as a one-stop-shopping list of ACTIVE guilds that are dedicated to specific professions. Their members help by teaching other players, how to use the prof to its fullest (or to counter it), theorycrafting builds, and discuss changes or suggestions. I'll update the list based on responses below, including the best contact method(s).

Thieves: [Teef]
Mesmers: [OM*G]
  • Contacts: Pyroatheist.9031, skcamow.3527
Necros: [????]
Warriors: [????]
Guardians: [????]
Rangers: [????]
Revenants: [????]
Engies: [NERF]
  • Contacts: Chaba.5410
Eles: [????]

@"Zacchary.6183"Thanks for repurposing the thread :)

! would you consider starting a thread with a different title/purpose? perhaps...!! > List of Profession Specific Guilds! > I'm using this thread as a one-stop-shopping list of active guilds that are dedicated to specific professions. Their members help by teaching other players, how to use the prof to its fullest (or to counter it), theorycrafting builds, and discuss changes or suggestions. I'll update the list based on responses below, including the best contact method(s).! > Thieves: [Teef], contact: ; website: ; main forum thread...! > Mesmers: [????], contact: ; website: ; main forum thread...! > * Necromancers: [DEAD], contact: ; website: ; main forum thread...!! ("forum guilds" made me think of guilds oriented towards helping the forums generally, despite you posting in the "professions" forum)!

I'd definitely bookmark such a threadI've definitely bookmarked such a thread

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:@"Zacchary.6183"would you consider starting a thread with a different title/purpose? perhaps...

List of Profession Specific Guilds
I'm using this thread as a one-stop-shopping list of active guilds that are dedicated to specific professions. Their members help by teaching other players, how to use the prof to its fullest (or to counter it), theorycrafting builds, and discuss changes or suggestions. I'll update the list based on responses below, including the best contact method(s).
  • Thieves:
    [Teef], contact: ; website: ; main forum thread...
  • Mesmers:
    [????], contact: ; website: ; main forum thread...
  • Necromancers:
    [DEAD], contact: ; website: ; main forum thread...

("forum guilds" made me think of guilds oriented towards helping the forums generally, despite you posting in the "professions" forum)

I'd definitely bookmark such a thread

Definitely. Mind if I copy?

[NERF] Fort Engineer is still around for engineers. At this point though we are primarily just a group of people doing raids together and while most of us started on engineer, we play other classes too. The "NERF" tag is reference to engineer being the class that was nerfed pre-launch from heavy armor to medium armor and then continued to be heavily nerfed in the first months of the game. The "Fort" is because the guild founder and more than a handful of the original members started on Fort Aspenwood (at the time there was no mega-server).

My experience with profession-based guilds has been that they don't have much cohesion.

@"Chaba.5410" said:[NERF] Fort Engineer is still around for engineers. At this point though we are primarily just a group of people doing raids together and while most of us started on engineer, we play other classes too. The "NERF" tag is reference to engineer being the class that was nerfed pre-launch from heavy armor to medium armor and then continued to be heavily nerfed in the first months of the game. The "Fort" is because the guild founder and more than a handful of the original members started on Fort Aspenwood (at the time there was no mega-server).

My experience with profession-based guilds has been that they don't have much cohesion.

Ah. Did [NERF] go for a teaching role as a guild? That's what I am trying to aim for with this list.

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@"Chaba.5410" said:[NERF] Fort Engineer is still around for engineers. At this point though we are primarily just a group of people doing raids together and while most of us started on engineer, we play other classes too. The "NERF" tag is reference to engineer being the class that was nerfed pre-launch from heavy armor to medium armor and then continued to be heavily nerfed in the first months of the game. The "Fort" is because the guild founder and more than a handful of the original members started on Fort Aspenwood (at the time there was no mega-server).

Ah. Did [NERF] go for a teaching role as a guild? That's what I am trying to aim for with this list.

It was like that at first and to some extent still is only insofar as some of the members still playing know the class well. Those kinds of guilds from my experience though only have limited appeal and aren't designed for longevity. So I'm not surprised your list is rather short. Focusing on a single profession, especially one that at the time was one of the lowest played professions in the game, is very limiting. When the guild was more active, players ended up dividing more into doing something together in different game modes rather than talking and learning about the profession. A lot of members were just solo and liked it that way, which didn't foster much of a community to build, especially when flung across different timezones, regions, and servers.

yoou have source on that about Engineer being heavy armor?

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

yoou have source on that about Engineer being heavy armor?

This article is linked to from the wiki page on Engineer:http://tap-repeatedly.com/2011/06/exclusive-interview-arenanets-jon-peters-and-jonathan-sharp/

These kind of guilds just need players who are experienced with a profession willing to stay in a guild to help other players and theory craft with.

Most people don’t have that many active guilds that an extra spot can’t be occupied by a “mentor” guild and maybe a “mentee” guild.

Raids/Fractals/PvEPvPWvWMentor (profession I’m good at)Mentee (profession I’m learning)

I do think we need more guild slots (maybe 7 total).