Champion Rush: The best places to farm?

People probably want to play the game. Not staying logged in waiting for a boss doing something else. That is the problem - which makes this event more "work" than "fun. 10 tokens/hour would mean 2 of those boxes ... with just stuff that isn't very expensive. (Most people probably would farm other locations insted of the event - to make much much more money.) Only the tier rewards are interesting. (Better to wait for other sto complete the tiers. If everybody thinks the same way ... nobody will progress the bar.)

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Probably FGS as it's the only consistent, non-stop champ farm that I can think of other than CS.

Edit: That is unless someone finds another broken event to spawn infinite champs or instanced champs (e.g. dungeons) count.

These are the 2 maps that stand out, however, i ran FGS last night, and the farm at The Borrowstead got nerfed, and you get the 3 champs now, so unless you get a 100% dedicated map, you get people killing the champs out of order and it ruins it.

Cursed Shore on the other hand is a complete disaster i ran that map for 30 mins and only got 5 champs, evens from long past that used to spawn champs didnt spawn any, the highest we got was Elite mobs, and thats with a 50 man squad farming it, i think Anet forgets the have nerfed some of these maps to dirt long ago, they really should look at reverting some of them old changes for events like this, or open the champ event up to the entire game including PoF, and HoT, basically every champ anywhere in the game can drop these.

They could have extended this to WvW for tower/keep lords etc, but they didnt, this event doesnt feel like a community event, it feels more like a grind fest, and will burn people out fast.

Overall the champ rush event is good on paper, but badly executed ingame.

It doesn't matter how many champs you farm if you don't turn in your champion marks. Apparently, too few players are. 24 hours on, we're still in tier 1 and the progress bar shows barely any progress.

I'm wondering if people are hoarding their marks to turn in on the last day, when it will be difficult to make tier 5 and get that tonic so many people want.

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Probably FGS as it's the only consistent, non-stop champ farm that I can think of other than CS.

Edit: That is unless someone finds another broken event to spawn infinite champs or instanced champs (e.g. dungeons) count.

These are the 2 maps that stand out, however, i ran FGS last night, and the farm at The Borrowstead got nerfed, and you get the 3 champs now, so unless you get a 100% dedicated map, you get people killing the champs out of order and it ruins it.

Cursed Shore on the other hand is a complete disaster i ran that map for 30 mins and only got 5 champs, evens from long past that used to spawn champs didnt spawn any, the highest we got was Elite mobs, and thats with a 50 man squad farming it, i think Anet forgets the have nerfed some of these maps to dirt long ago, they really should look at reverting some of them old changes for events like this, or open the champ event up to the entire game including PoF, and HoT, basically every champ anywhere in the game can drop these.

They could have extended this to WvW for tower/keep lords etc, but they didnt, this event doesnt feel like a community event, it feels more like a grind fest, and will burn people out fast.

Overall the champ rush event is good on paper, but badly executed ingame.

I have a feeling that they nerfed champs from spawning in all scaled events due to how often this would be abused.

@JeffJeth.9518 said:It doesn't matter how many champs you farm if you don't turn in your champion marks. Apparently, too few players are. 24 hours on, we're still in tier 1 and the progress bar shows barely any progress.

I'm wondering if people are hoarding their marks to turn in on the last day, when it will be difficult to make tier 5 and get that tonic so many people want.

I cannot turn mine in yet - I ran around 2 hours last night and found 3 champs. Need at least 5 to buy a box of supplies. Is there a way to make them spawn? I do not understand this portion of the event at all. I was having so much fun in the Pavilion...

And now when I'm in Divinity's Reach, the info in the upper right of my screen says "Community goals complete!" but I have a friend who's been killing a few champions -- at least one in each region to get the daily bonus box from each -- and she says she got no tier completion rewards at all.

What in the name of the Pale Tree is going on with this?

@"JeffJeth.9518" said:And now when I'm in Divinity's Reach, the info in the upper right of my screen says "Community goals complete!" but I have a friend who's been killing a few champions -- at least one in each region to get the daily bonus box from each -- and she says she got no tier completion rewards at all.

What in the name of the Pale Tree is going on with this?

Check out the 'News and Announcements' sub-forum. Or the Dev Carousel.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:Now that I know how this event works I'm not even bothering to run it. The payoff is way too low, and my hands hurt.

lel

i go map to map looking for champs and it feels unrewarding hopeless task to find any spawning just a total waste of time most of the time and a lot of the champs die in 20 seconds with just a few ppl oh don't forget that's if its a champ that counts cause there have been quite a few that don't like the ones that spawn with behemoth as an example, unless anet fix the scaling and spawning of champs i'm not doing it any more it's pointless. it's not fun its boring in fact its downright miserable :(

don't say kessex hills cause no1 is doing that either or its already farmed out and fgs is pretty useless spend more in silver in wp over n over again to then not even get a mark. Go looking in lfg for a champ train no champ train.... figures

actually thinking about it i can't remember the last time there was a good champ train, years ago cursed shore but if anets nerfed it then why have an event like this just ruined it for me, ANET IF UR READING THIS ITS NOT FUN AT ALL!!!!! ITS BORING!!!!! AND FRUSTRATING!!!!!!

I genuinely don't understand how people are having problems finding champions. Just in Kessex Hills there are like seven I can think of off the top of my head plus exe's after killing normal bandit champs which also give marks. I've spent a couple hours a night farming with people and have gotten well over a hundred marks. Given that it takes roughly 10 minutes for respawn that's about 4-6 marks per 10 minutes and that's taking into account the people that mess up the rotation. Yesterday after two fun hours of bsing with my wife and friend while we mindlessly killed champions in our rotation we each made out with 50 marks; 25marks/hr; 4.16Marks/10min.

As for people saying Kessex Hills doesn't work your lack of patience is getting the better of you. That has been where we farm exclusively and I even mentor up and my guild announces locations. 25+ marks per hour and we have a blast doing it. If your not getting marks it's cause you drop in, check a couple spots, get frustrated cause nothing's there, and leave. Only to go to another nap and be disappointed because you lack the patience to wait for the rotation yo start again.

Will be running it again tonight 11pm Pacific.

Happy Hunting! B)

I am Famous

The best place for champion rush or any other event you can farm for almost seven years now is in my own random squad! For example, i know over 60 champ locations in vanilla gw2 and they all give marks. The biggest downtime in my farm is when i got to pee and no bottle around… I am just kidding, i go for a legend and afk. So there is no real downtime as long i find something my squad can do in between. We ride our mounts from champ to champ and move from map to map or use waypoints and press a lot skill 1 as quick we can.

I go fast and we kill fast so if you see me in lfg you should join me if you can go fast too, because if i join your map and you are not in my squad it could be that i destroy your farm for a wile. And that is what i am famous for!

"its the blue commander, he kills every champ again wile we doing something else, report him"

P.s.: I like to write like Yoda talks, because i am a old Sith Grandmaster from Germany ^^