What are the chances a date for Alliances release is given during the August 30th live event

Strider Pj.2193

@"Blackarps.1974" said:Raymond said in one of the latest Thursday streams that they just tried new code in the game. That means we are several months away. Unless they plan on giving a date that's sometime in 2020+ then I doubt anything will come up. Aug 30th will be about LS content and mount skins.

New code? Seriously? After YEARS letting the game mode dying, and NCSoft showing the scythe and chopping some heads 'cos misleading the resources that should be used for upgrading GW2, they come with "new code" NOW?

Worst joke ever.

The game mode has no several months for waiting a serious step forward, sirs! WAKE UP, DAMNIT!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Blackarps.1974" said:Raymond said in one of the latest Thursday streams that they just tried new code in the game. That means we are several months away. Unless they plan on giving a date that's sometime in 2020+ then I doubt anything will come up. Aug 30th will be about LS content and mount skins.

Whoa. Whenever I hear something like this, my thoughts are that it will be another 7 months minimum (of those several). If they are still testing for ideas, then I can't imagine the main areas of code to be ready. I don't mind so much if that new code is just lingo for "cherry on top" for adding some additional functionality that is really helpful. Raymond, I know you have super powers, unleash them upon the code! Launch codename WVW PHOENIX!

I think it will be mentioned but just as a carrot on stick like usual.Get people semi-hyped about something to be implemented 'soon' only making people more furious than they already are. People will pop in for 2-3 weeks then it will dip again.There has just been too long a drought. One good rain is not good enough to fix anything anymore.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if on the 30th August they announce that WvW/PvP game modes are being scrapped completely as not enough playerbase are using them.

After all its been so long now, id doubt if they are actively working on anything WvW related.

Would that mean they could un-kitten Mesmer, Thief and Engineer?

You mean, so I can play Mesmer again, instead of my current Reaper ...

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@DeWolfe.2174 said:It doesn't matter as Alliances isn't going to make the mode any better.By that logic not getting alliances isnt going to make it worse either, so we're all good.

I expect that alliances will be better at leveling out the player-hours but will not even out the skill level on all sides. Eventually the higher skilled players will bandwagon to a few guilds/alliances and will dominate WvW like the higher coverage/population servers do today. Since there will be no charge to change guilds it will be easier to stack these elite guilds/alliances so Alliances might actually make things worse.

@Swamurabi.7890 said:

@DeWolfe.2174 said:It doesn't matter as Alliances isn't going to make the mode any better.By that logic not getting alliances isnt going to make it worse either, so we're all good.

I expect that alliances will be better at leveling out the player-hours but will not even out the skill level on all sides. Eventually the higher skilled players will bandwagon to a few guilds/alliances and will dominate WvW like the higher coverage/population servers do today. Since there will be no charge to change guilds it will be easier to stack these elite guilds/alliances so Alliances might actually make things worse.

Imagine the gemprices rising

• 2 weeks later...