I've never played WvW before. I don't have PoF. Is it worth getting into at this point?

Arklite.4013

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Elf Lord.8962 said:Realise tho that WvW is full of semi-skilled, semi-knowlegdable, know it all halfwits, then you should maintain you sanity. Find the folks, who know what they know and know what they don't know and are prepared to develop and have fun. Then you should enjoy it.

So if its full, that means everyone is a halfwit...meaning if the OP joins WvW they will become a halfwit too?

Did I make it all inclusive, or you just lack somewhat in comprehension. Wake up, drink a cup of strong black coffee and read again. If you do not understand then, then you have my sympathy.

@Infusion.7149 said:My advice is to buy PoF. You don't get the mount in WvW without it if I remember correctly. The mount has made Wvw a lot worse for new players but anyhow PoF is worth buying for firebrand and scourge.

If you don't buy PoF play herald. Scrapper requires more group coordination generally ; reaper is too slow without mount.

Reaper is slow, core guardian is slower, and core mesmer also as slow. If you want to buy into the game, buy both, HoT and PoF, mounts go a long way to making Red BL playable, but there are times that gliding, can save you rear end a beating

@Elf Lord.8962 said:

@Elf Lord.8962 said:Realise tho that WvW is full of semi-skilled, semi-knowlegdable, know it all halfwits, then you should maintain you sanity. Find the folks, who know what they know and know what they don't know and are prepared to develop and have fun. Then you should enjoy it.

So if its full, that means everyone is a halfwit...meaning if the OP joins WvW they will become a halfwit too?

Did I make it all inclusive, or you just lack somewhat in comprehension. Wake up, drink a cup of strong black coffee and read again. If you do not understand then, then you have my sympathy.

You are the one who has my sympathy as you failed to see the sarcasm in my post. -1 point

OP: WvW is always worth getting into imo.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

You are the one who has my sympathy as you failed to see the sarcasm in my post. -1 point

OP: WvW is always worth getting into imo.

Unfortunately, forum rules, make a suitable reply not possible. But thanks for your awesome effort, I am sure some appreciate it.

You will forever be chasing enemies on mounts and will never keep up with allies. All-in-all, a very bad experience. Adding the mount in WvW basically made PoF all but mandatory for the game mode. Maybe they'll add mount rentals in the near future, they already put the stables at spawn. I don't know what's keeping them from implementing it.