[suggestion] invisible commander tag

Safandula.8723

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:Hi all, we mistakenly shipped a feature in today's release that isn't quite ready for live. We're still working on the Private Squad feature, so we're removing it in a hotfix today. We'll have it back in your hands as soon as it's ready!

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:So... Soon[tm]

Yup, soon[tm]. =)

Thank you for ‘soon’ being soon

??

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be a very very bad idea. I understand small groups, but the large team speak only squads that won't allow you to join outside of without being on voice, will be invisible. Before the change you could at least follow them around and help, but not reap the squad benefits, not now. Some of us have disabilities preventing us from using voice chat all the time, or struggle to follow the instructions that are rather fast pace. It should be limited to 10 players or something. Full squads visible only.

WvW should be open and inclusive, not elitist and restrictive to the teamspeak crew. I mean jesus its 2019 use discord already at least!

@subversiontwo.7501 said:Instead, the most common use of hidden tags will most likely be roamers and havoc/focus looking to utilize squad utilities. That is almost entirely positive.Well I would call it entirerly positive then since we're really talking groups that would never be tagged to begin with.

It will also make it considerably easier for these groups to flash the tag, which is a pro for the community as a whole. Now you can just flip visible on an already set up squad, cap a keep or something then flip invisible while still having all the markers and settings.

Yah, but when someone pops into the map and can't see a tag...they won't know if your actually attacking an area, defending a spot, or your doing your own GvG thing...actually it literally kicks EVERYONE to the curb and says, "Hell no we don't want you." I'm sorry. I see it good for two things. GvG and doing your private guild stuff, and keeping yourself from the prying eyes of an enemy spy that's probably not even hooked with the group. For everyone else...lets say you got 20 in your group, your gonna have 30 roamers with their heads cut off, unless there's a second tag on the map. Have you ever weighted the Pro's and Con's before this implementation was supposed to go into effect. The Commanders are crying about it literally because they do not want "Pugs". <---that was their only excuse. They had no other reason beyond that.

@"KeyOrion.9506" said:The Commanders are crying about it literally because they do not want "Pugs". <---that was their only excuse. They had no other reason beyond that.

And?Commanders are content creators, sure. But they are people, too, with preferences, likes and dislikes. And they have the right to create content for whomever they like, on terms they decide upon.They don't work for you.Feel so strongly?Buy a tag and use it.

This is a great QOL change.~TG

@"KeyOrion.9506" said:Yah, but when someone pops into the map and can't see a tag...they won't know if your actually attacking an area, defending a spot, or your doing your own GvG thing...actually it literally kicks EVERYONE to the curb and says, "Hell no we don't want you." I'm sorry. I see it good for two things. GvG and doing your private guild stuff, and keeping yourself from the prying eyes of an enemy spy that's probably not even hooked with the group. For everyone else...lets say you got 20 in your group, your gonna have 30 roamers with their heads cut off, unless there's a second tag on the map. Have you ever weighted the Pro's and Con's before this implementation was supposed to go into effect. The Commanders are crying about it literally because they do not want "Pugs". <---that was their only excuse. They had no other reason beyond that.

Just means the 30 roamers have an opportunity to step up to the plate. out of the 30 roamers on the server, probably only 5 are useful enough to contribute to some form of team play. the other 25, the most useful call out you'll get from them is "hallpp they on lords!!"

If the Tagless squad is only on the map to do their own thing, they're not going to respond to call outs. Leaving 20-30 leaderless people....lets be honest, take a look at reset night vs. the rest of the week. Do you even think you can get 50+ on any server on a map anymore? I'm going to say, no. If you have a squad of 20 on the map tagless, then everyone else has pretty much already gone to bed, because they see nothing to RALLY around. If they have nobody to rally around, then their not even gonna bother playing. They'll hit sentries, they'll hit camps, you might have 2 defend a tower against 15 enemy. But since they don't see a tag, and their buddies say there's no tags on any other map, why even do a call out. On the slim chance that, somebody, anybody might show up to help defend...or better yet, go on the offensive. It's hard not to be pessimistic, but I've already talked to 22 separate commanders on multiple servers....they wanted Tagless, so as not to be bothered by PUGS, and to do a Guild Mission in WvW, or just GvG. Come on. Be honest with yourself. Beyond the reasons of, "don't want spies seeing where we are" vs....GUILD only crap....what other excuse do you have for going tagless? None. There are no other excuses beyond those two.

want to run with a guild conform to their rules. want a public tag, train one, or be one. how does forcing ppl to do what you want help? how would that help wvw?

tagging isnt easy. if you fight guilds or blobs with your newbie team, they will not have fun and as com, you have to set the ambiance so these players will enjoy their time and come back.

even me and my team baptise new enemies by letting them feel one shotted. because you never know if its a vet in an alt account.