Mesmer's phantasm issue in Auric Basin's Octovine Meta

Ciel.8705

Mesmer phantasm has been useless when used against Octovine in AB since H.o.T. release till now(Almost 4 years already!). I remember there were thread talking about it before, but there weren't any official response.Will Anet ever address this issue? Because as a Mesmer, the only contribution we can do is Auto-attack and attack using skills that aren't Phantasm and do the mechanic to remove Octovine's shield. Which I feel that it makes playing as a Mesmer in Auric Basin really boring.If this is an intended design, then it is just a really bad design...

I don't think it's a specific issue with mesmers. I don't really play mesmer but I do know that other classes have things that can't really hit the octovine, like Dragonhunter traps. It's almost like it doesn't count as an entity so certain things can't target it. Would be nice to see it fixed though.

• 2 weeks later...

@Lexi.1398 said:It is a bit finicky, but i have been able to summon phantasms on the octo- and other objects- somewhat recently-ish. More than a month for sure, can't remember when i first noticed it.

You can definitely summon phantasms, it’s just that they won’t attack because of what seems like pathing and direct LoS issues, and because they can’t attack, they won’t despawn into clones that you can shatter that would happen even if they couldn’t reach their target.

They’ll literally just stand there at stare at octovine. Haven’t paid close attention to whether clones are also affected, but at the very least you can shatter them.

I remember the last instance of All or Nothing having similar issues.