Please make 2v2 Elimination a Ranked Gamemode

Fireheart.6704

Okay so lemme piece this together; Queueing for ranked requires 2 or less group members, for obvious exploit reasons. The 2v2 gamemode does not qualify as ranked. What?? Why would I even want to play ranked after 7 years if its the same old boring 5v5 mode(s?). I want to be able to queue up with my brother and pull some tag team booty whoopin whilst also progressing through the (crazy time consuming) ranked season reward tract.

Please convert or include the newfound 2v2 gamemode in ranked play. It would make so much sense and make many players (I included) very happy.

@everyman.4375 said:

@everyman.4375 said:Yes players would be very happy and then 2 days later you'd see 1000 posts about how X class is broken.

So, nothing would change in that matter, as we have these topics already...

Balance in 2v2 is going to be waayyy worse than in 5v5.Not really most of it is balanced around the skirmishes of 2v2 3v3 anyway, the game breaks at 4v4 and 5v5. Most of the balance complaints come from 1v1 2v2 perspective cause no one knows what the F is going on in the Mid node teamfight, they know that scourge and fb are doing something under the flash bang animations that kills people.People complain about thieves, mesmers, revs, holo and spellbreaker most of these just run around the side nodes, spellbreaker basically is nailed to the sides cause it can't handle the heat in teamfights.

@Vancho.8750 said:

@everyman.4375 said:Yes players would be very happy and then 2 days later you'd see 1000 posts about how X class is broken.

Balance in 2v2 is going to be waayyy worse than in 5v5.Not really most of it is balanced around the skirmishes of 2v2 3v3 anyway, the game breaks at 4v4 and 5v5. Most of the balance complaints come from 1v1 2v2 perspective cause no one knows what the F is going on in the Mid node teamfight, they know that scourge and fb are doing something under the flash bang animations that kills people.People complain about thieves, mesmers, revs, holo and spellbreaker most of these just run around the side nodes, spellbreaker basically is nailed to the sides cause it can't handle the heat in teamfights.

The game is balanced around 5v5 conquest.I'm all for a 2v2 unranked but you can't have a ranked queue that is just going to be filled with Firebrand and Scourge.

@everyman.4375 said:

The game is balanced around 5v5 conquest.I'm all for a 2v2 unranked but you can't have a ranked queue that is just going to be filled with Firebrand and Scourge.The cleanest fights come in lower numbers 5v5 is clown fiesta when i happens, and scourge FB won't be the best, they are good since there is a 3rd guy doing damage to finish off people.They are like a can opener removing the defense and overloading with conditions but if you run enough condi protection they can't do much. If there was a 2v2 the preferred professions will probably be Spellbreaker, Holosmith, Herald and Mirage basically anything that can be a sidenoder or roamer with enough damage.

All this talk about Firebrand and Scourge reigning supreme; I disagree. If anything, stun heavy characters will be "op". However, this is an mmorpg after all. Each class has some sort of counter to the many various situations they will be in. You are thinking of 2v2 meta being the same as 5v5 meta. Only having to worry about 2 other players allows you to make a build you would have never thought possible in 5v5.

@everyman.4375 said:

The game is balanced around 5v5 conquest.I'm all for a 2v2 unranked but you can't have a ranked queue that is just going to be filled with Firebrand and Scourge.

2v2 unranked and ranked would be fine and that shouldn't be the deciding factor why we shouldn't have it. You already get the same complaints in conquest about there being 4+ mesmers, DHs or whatever FotM classes in a match.

The problem is, then you need seperate balance between 2v2 and 5v5. Which is a real mess. For instance you have the obviously overperforming Scourge Firebrand combo, while for instance Thief, a class balanced entirely around its mobility from shortbow 5 becomes completely useless.