Thanks for PS Anet - Spent $ on Gems to say TY ?

Whiteout.1975

@Whiteout.1975 said:

@Whiteout.1975 said:The deeper problem that's being ignored overall... Is the
WANT
to work as a team regarding your server. A lot of people are just expecting people like myself to be 100% a team player (with how they envision). Without context or concern as to
WHY
we all should be team players to begin with.

There has to be enough value in performing as a team (server)... In order to even begin to "want" to work with the server. If there is little to no value in doing so... Expect little effort from the people that can easily see that.

When you have a player like me that looks at something like this ->
and finds reasonable yet major problems/experiences to relate yourself with among-st others. Some - Plenty of problems from which you already knew/discovered on your own. You easily feel like you're not respected as a player by the game. Then you have
some
entitled players wanting you to babysit them in ways they envision... It doesn't even begin to help motivate me/others to still want to help entirely. At least by some those other people's standards.

If anyone wants me or another act near completely like a "team player". Then give me a mode (like WvW) that actually respects me as such instead or improve WvW to meet some reasonable standards. Invisible tags gave me a sense of respect and enjoyment... Therefore, I donated. So that's a start.

So if someone want's me to feel bad for not tagging up publicly for them as their "team player" or not team player... They can call for another babysitter instead because I clearly have my own reasons why.

You just killed your own argument... If you don't want to "babysit" then you are not entitled to those 3 extra pips... And you called others "entitled", yet that's exactly how you are thinking.

Lol I didn't say I'm "entitled" or anything of the sort to 3 pips. I stated my opinion on why they should be created
equal
, just for the simple fact of both being a commander and choosing to lead. So we will probably have to agree to disagree on this and that should be end of story regarding this point between us.

You don't care about the community experience, you just want your private lil special club while earning the same rewards as someone who is willing to be a stronger community team player and visible presence on a map for those in the zone... And nobody cares about you "feeling bad for not tagging", people just find it funny that you think you deserve extra pips for playing hidden.

I care about the community experience, in general, just as much as the commander's experience. Why do you think I offered the NPC idea? I just don't have reason to believe why even a seemly small portion of the community (relative to the whole) even has the right to dictate the commanders experience. As to how they must serve that community. You just don't seem to care about the commanders experience outside of one having +3 pips.

Be grateful for your special hidden tag, because you're not getting more pippies too, so just adapt.

I literally just donated $ because of this change... Please don't ask me to be anymore grateful than I already am for that. You should be grateful to players like me for even doing that for the company you adore. Also, likewise... "jUst AdapT" to the invisible tag option and don't ask for stuff like this then ->
since you're all about that "jUst AdapT" process ?...

Do you really want me to quote all your posts where you are condescending toward certain types of WvW players and where you feel you are deserving, aka entitled, to extra rewards? And saying “I’m not babysitting” is an elitist attitude and shows you’re a poor team player.

I’m a roamer, and I personally don’t care about pips. But I do recognize that a player willing to be visible and lead those, as you call it, “pugs” who need “babysitting”, surely deserves more pips than you and your hidden group of “elite” warriors...

I don’t care what money you spent, and I can guarantee I’ve spent more on this game than you over the past 7 years...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Swagger.1459 said:

WANT
to work as a team regarding your server. A lot of people are just expecting people like myself to be 100% a team player (with how they envision). Without context or concern as to
WHY

There has to be enough value in performing as a team (server)... In order to even begin to "want" to work with the server. If there is little to no value in doing so... Expect little effort from the people that can easily see that.

and finds reasonable yet major problems/experiences to relate yourself with among-st others. Some - Plenty of problems from which you already knew/discovered on your own. You easily feel like you're not respected as a player by the game. Then you have
some
entitled players wanting you to babysit them in ways they envision... It doesn't even begin to help motivate me/others to still want to help entirely. At least by some those other people's standards.

If anyone wants me or another act near completely like a "team player". Then give me a mode (like WvW) that actually respects me as such instead or improve WvW to meet some reasonable standards. Invisible tags gave me a sense of respect and enjoyment... Therefore, I donated. So that's a start.

So if someone want's me to feel bad for not tagging up publicly for them as their "team player" or not team player... They can call for another babysitter instead because I clearly have my own reasons why.

You just killed your own argument... If you don't want to "babysit" then you are not entitled to those 3 extra pips... And you called others "entitled", yet that's exactly how you are thinking.

Lol I didn't say I'm "entitled" or anything of the sort to 3 pips. I stated my opinion on why they should be created
equal
, just for the simple fact of both being a commander and choosing to lead. So we will probably have to agree to disagree on this and that should be end of story regarding this point between us.

You don't care about the community experience, you just want your private lil special club while earning the same rewards as someone who is willing to be a stronger community team player and visible presence on a map for those in the zone... And nobody cares about you "feeling bad for not tagging", people just find it funny that you think you deserve extra pips for playing hidden.

I care about the community experience, in general, just as much as the commander's experience. Why do you think I offered the NPC idea? I just don't have reason to believe why even a seemly small portion of the community (relative to the whole) even has the right to dictate the commanders experience. As to how they must serve that community. You just don't seem to care about the commanders experience outside of one having +3 pips.

Be grateful for your special hidden tag, because you're not getting more pippies too, so just adapt.

I literally just donated $ because of this change... Please don't ask me to be anymore grateful than I already am for that. You should be grateful to players like me for even doing that for the company you adore. Also, likewise... "jUst AdapT" to the invisible tag option and don't ask for stuff like this then ->

Do you really want me to quote all your posts where you are condescending toward certain types of WvW players and where you feel you are deserving, aka entitled, to extra rewards? And saying “I’m not babysitting” is an elitist attitude and shows you’re a poor team player.

Do you seriously want me to act like I should care? Of course I'm not gonna be a complete sweet talker to people that feel they have the right to use commanders almost akin to pets.

• "You must bark (aka share info etc.) on my terms... Or else, no treat (aka +3 pips)" = is what's going on here. You should see that if you stepped back for a second from your white knight attitude.

• "Deserving" != "Entitled": Entitled means believing to be inherently deserving. I said nothing of the sort. I was stating why I believe they ( the commanders) both should be considered equal IMO. From which you are not required to agree anymore than I with you.

• Yes... I am a "poor team player" currently because I have every reason to be. I rather have reason not to be honestly. Infact, way back in the day I used to do call outs... lead random players and basically the whole 9 yards. The game (WvW environment) and part of the community gave me all the reason and more to change. So yes... I am a "poor team player" in WvW 100% by your standards I'm sure. And honestly, it's one of the best decisions in this game I've ever made. I just stick to helping the people IK I like now and some new players that are nice... And that's fine by me. :)

• As far as "elitist" goes couldn't care any less if that's how you view me lol. You could have told me how you bought toilet paper or something today and it would have the same effect... I just don't care.

I’m a roamer, and I personally don’t care about pips. But I do recognize that a player willing to be visible and lead those, as you call it, “pugs” who need “babysitting”, surely deserves more pips than you and your hidden group of “elite” warriors...

Public is working in part out of a bribe at this point. Which I don't even care that they are getting pips... Sounds great to me too. But lets no pretend there is some automatic moral high ground in doing so. When that clear bribe is taking place to not invisible tag instead.

I don’t care what money you spent, and I can guarantee I’ve spent more on this game than you over the past 7 years...

You missed the point... "$" + me saying "Thank You" = Me already showing gratitude. I don't care about what money you spent ether anymore than you me... Spend as you please... But please don't turn this into pissing match with the "I've spent more" coincidentally "condescending" remark. Thanks.

how will letting others opinion help you?

if its constructive, it helps improve your game play. else, its nothing.

if you enjoy tagging, invis or otherwise, in your own way, continue. the forum is not a good place to seek recognition. connect yourself to your personal dolyak and give thanks by killing the enemy zergs or players. the dolyaks recognize. blessed be dolyaks the ever living.

=)

@"Sovereign.1093" said:how will letting others opinion help you?

if you enjoy tagging, invis or otherwise, in your own way, continue. the forum is not a good place to seek recognition. connect yourself to your personal dolyak and give thanks by killing the enemy zergs or players. the dolyaks recognize. blessed be dolyaks the ever living.

=)

You're 100% right. Me and Swagger at least just like giving each other a hard time. He knows it and I know it lol. The 1 thing we have in common is we are both roamers at heart so that's nice at least :)

The most constructive opinion IMO would be showing me why I should care about being a "team player" vs a "poor team player". Just to have something to self reflect on if anything and others that are in the same boat. Against the reasons I've found that changed me over time starting long ago sadly.

@Whiteout.1975 said:

@"Sovereign.1093" said:how will letting others opinion help you?

=)

You're 100% right. Me and Swagger at least just like giving each other a hard time. He knows it and I know it lol. The 1 thing we have in common is we are both roamers at heart so that's nice at least :)

The most constructive opinion IMO would be showing me why I should care about being a "team player" vs a "poor team player". Just to have something to self reflect on if anything and others that are in the same boat. Against the reasons I've found that changed me over time starting long ago sadly.

that part, only anet can do. on your part, you have to mke ur own reason.

me, i just want to kill em all if possible

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:how will letting others opinion help you?

=)

Well, I wish you luck on killing them all man... Unless it's me of course... :#

@Whiteout.1975 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:how will letting others opinion help you?

=)

Well, I wish you luck on killing them all man... Unless it's me of course... :#

hehe. =) o7

@Whiteout.1975 said:

@hunkamania.7561 said:That gem store purchase helps buy gas for Mike O'Briens yacht as he celebrates another living story release

Lmao... Well, if he want's anymore fuel from me. He's gonna have to coordinate some fix's on big problems in WvW. Because as it stand's I don't plan on buying the next expansion till most of that is fixed. However, I don't mind supporting when a true good deed is done for WvW.

If you may beleive some forumers all those problems will be washed away with alliances.

@Whiteout.1975 said:

WANT
WHY

some

equal

Do you seriously want me to act like I should care? Of course I'm not gonna be a complete sweet talker to people that feel they have the right to use commanders almost akin to pets.
  • "You must bark (aka share info etc.) on my terms... Or else, no treat (aka +3 pips)" = is what's going on here. You should see that if you stepped back for a second from your white knight attitude.
  • "Deserving" != "Entitled": Entitled means believing to be
    inherently
    deserving. I said nothing of the sort. I was stating why I believe they ( the commanders) both should be
    considered
    equal
    IMO
    . From which you are
    not
    required to agree anymore than I with you.
  • Yes... I am a "poor team player" currently because I have every reason to be. I rather have reason not to be honestly. Infact, way back in the day I used to do call outs... lead random players and basically the whole 9 yards. The game (WvW environment) and
    part
    of the community gave me all the reason and more to change. So yes... I am a "poor team player" in WvW 100% by
    your
    standards I'm sure. And honestly, it's one of the best decisions in this game I've ever made. I just stick to helping the people IK I like now and some new players that are nice... And that's fine by me. :)
  • As far as "elitist" goes couldn't care any less if that's how you view me lol. You could have told me how you bought toilet paper or something today and it would have the same effect... I just don't care.

Public is working in part out of a bribe at this point. Which I don't even care that they are getting pips... Sounds great to me too. But lets no pretend there is some automatic moral high ground in doing so. When that clear bribe is taking place to not invisible tag instead.

You missed the point... "$" + me saying "Thank You" = Me already showing gratitude. I don't care about what money you spent ether anymore than you me... Spend as you please... But please don't turn this into pissing match with the "I've spent more" coincidentally "condescending" remark. Thanks.

You can try to deflect and spin doctor all you like, but the facts are you don’t want to “babysit”, so you’re not going to get those extra precious pippies. “Babysitting” pays +3 pippies, so “babysit” when you want them. And it’s not changing, so yet again, just adapt.