Anniversary Sale: Starting with a whimper?

From https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/458/news-gemstore-items-new-returned-sales#latest (a few posts back), also on the news home page:

Upcoming items[...]August 23Black Lion Chest Key—30% Off

August 24Character Slot Expansion—35% Off

August 25Total Makeover Kit—70% Off (limit one per account)

Returning This WeekShiverpeaks Mount PackShimmerwing Skyscale SkinSkyscale Hatchling Mining ToolSkyscale Hatchling Harvesting ToolSkyscale Hatchling Logging Tool

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:From https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/458/news-gemstore-items-new-returned-sales#latest (a few posts back), also on the news home page:

Upcoming items[...]August 23Black Lion Chest Key—30% Off

August 24Character Slot Expansion—35% Off

August 25Total Makeover Kit—70% Off (limit one per account)

Returning This WeekShiverpeaks Mount PackShimmerwing Skyscale SkinSkyscale Hatchling Mining ToolSkyscale Hatchling Harvesting ToolSkyscale Hatchling Logging Tool

wtb account utility, bank and bag slots ,shared inventory, storage space

@Luthan.5236 said:So nothing interesting again - this week. But confirmed that the sale is going on for 3 more weeks after that. (At least I assume it - from the special delivery item they also now which delivers each weak for the next weeks.)

Those 2 things are not related. The supply drop is available at a discount, yes, but so was the last one. The rising price is just a way to convince players to buy it asap.

Yeah ... but then again: Still a lot of stuff that hasn't been on sale and they are making a big deal of 7th anniversary. Now I don't know how it was in the recent years. Wiki seems the previous anniversary sales having been for one month at max. That would mean it ends this week. Can't imagine bank account expansions, storage expander, bag slots and the living world complete packs not being on sale.

I guess at least 1 more week there should be. They might not bring all the stuff - being on sale in previous years is not a guarantee for it to be on sale now. But all of those not on sale and only char slots ... a bit meager for when they are making such a big deal out of this anniverssary. (Combined with ascended cooking, new living world season on 30th and all the small free items to lure you into the gem store.)

I bet it is not only about the exchange rate. (Someone mentioned it above: Rate gold to gems will go up and at the end the very interesting stuff and then people more inclinded dot buy gems with real money.)

It might also be that most people will definitely buy bank tabs, storage, ... - so they'll keep them for last. If people bought those early they might not have enough money (or the mood to spend money) left to buy "only" skins. Skins earlier while people wait ... and maybe even think that bank tabs and stuff won't appear ... will get them to buy that stuff. Now then bank expansion and other stuff appears they might think "crap I spend already tons of money on skins ... but those stuff is really useful I can't stop myself from even spending more money now".

@Kaliwenda.3428 said:I was really hoping for storage expansion to go on sale. I was going to buy some gem cards tomorrow while I'm out running errands, but I'm not going to now.

Does the sale usually run into early September? Maybe there's still a chance they'll show up.

same here, spent most of my gems on BLC keys, but save JUST enough to buy them

@Kaliwenda.3428 said:

@crepuscular.9047 said:finally... September 1 - September 4 Storage Expander, THANK YOU ANET !!!was losing hope since it did not come up mid August

I know! I was waiting for this and used the gems I had to buy more character slots. Looks like I'll need more gems now! :)

I held off my temptation for the character slots, bought 6 expanders (already bought 1 5 years ago) and BAMH!!! all 13 toons went from barely any inventory space left to barely holding anything

Ah thanks. Glad I checked the thread. Almost didn't notice. Could still buy the bag slot for my main and the expander. I guess I'll check daily now for the last 2 things I'd be waiting for. Seems they did not announce this last tuesday. (When usually tuesday until weekend new stuff got announced with monday being without new items on sale.)

I had expected to use 30th (when the stream/announcement was) and checke the new news on website. Must have sneaked the bag in with the other things at 30th and then sneaked the expander on 1st. I usually don't check the gem store daily. I guess it is a good strategy - since everyone wants those stuff they are bringing now. Putting it at the end. Then "sneaking" (no announce on the web page) so people might miss it. Also not sure whether bank tabs or living world complete packs are still coming. So some people might be more inclined to use the bought gems for other stuff. ("Hey Living World S2 complete might not come on sale so I might just wait for next sale and use the gems I bought for now for more storage expanders." Then boom other stuff still appers on sale and buying more gems. :D)

Oh well I'm still witin my plan. Originally I wanted LW season 2 and one of bank or storage. (I think I even calculated without sale and just bought the 4k gems because - 1600 more than needed - cause of the gathering tools which levt me with 400 more than planned cause logging tools coste 1200.) Got storage and bag slot. 1480 left. Still enough to buy Living World 2 at non-discounted price. Only if they brought bank tabs first (me probably getting one) and then not the LS2 (some gems then missing to buy at full price) I'd be in trouble. :D Oh well for a few hundred gems I could trade in some gold. No problem.

So I'm happy with the sale so far. Even if the other stuff would not go on sale. As someone not yet owning an expansion I also get to buy (seems that offer/change stays unlimited) both expansions and only pay for one. (Saves 20 euros compared to the previous package that offered both for 50.)

@"Tukaram.8256" said:How much longer does this "sale" go? I am still hoping for something actually useful - I do not care about skins at all. Character slots, bag expansions, bank expansion, share bag slots...Personally I am holding out for shared slots, but am losing hope ha ha :)

Character slots were on sale. Hopefully you noticed!

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@crepuscular.9047 said:finally... September 1 - September 4 Storage Expander, THANK YOU ANET !!!was losing hope since it did not come up mid August

I know! I was waiting for this and used the gems I had to buy more character slots. Looks like I'll need more gems now! :)

I held off my temptation for the character slots, bought 6 expanders (already bought 1 5 years ago) and BAMH!!! all 13 toons went from barely any inventory space left to barely holding anything

I bought 5 expanders and the same thing happened to me. :) Plus it's such a time-saver, no more putting stuff in the bank, logging on to a different character, taking stuff from the bank and putting it into their bags...delightful!

I've been leveling a new Norn and really enjoying the Norn and Shiverpeaks lore that I understand a lot better now than I did the first time I went through it. I have a new Charr that's going to do the same thing in Ascalon.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Zuldari.3940 said:Still waiting for those account utility items. Looks like its been mainly cosmetics.

Not true. Bank slot expansions, bag slot expansions etc. A lot of practical stuff. It's just not always being advertized on the main page.

Nah they have defo been advertised on the promo page ... bag slot and storage expander were still there earlier this morning, character slots have been and gone... no sign of shared slots at least until I check when I get back home later.But they are all put on the promo page when they are put out for sale.

@"Luthan.5236" said:Ah thanks. Glad I checked the thread. Almost didn't notice. Could still buy the bag slot for my main and the expander. I guess I'll check daily now for the last 2 things I'd be waiting for. Seems they did not announce this last tuesday. (When usually tuesday until weekend new stuff got announced with monday being without new items on sale.)

I had expected to use 30th (when the stream/announcement was) and checke the new news on website. Must have sneaked the bag in with the other things at 30th and then sneaked the expander on 1st. I usually don't check the gem store daily. I guess it is a good strategy - since everyone wants those stuff they are bringing now. Putting it at the end. Then "sneaking" (no announce on the web page) so people might miss it. Also not sure whether bank tabs or living world complete packs are still coming. So some people might be more inclined to use the bought gems for other stuff. ("Hey Living World S2 complete might not come on sale so I might just wait for next sale and use the gems I bought for now for more storage expanders." Then boom other stuff still appers on sale and buying more gems. :D)

Oh well I'm still witin my plan. Originally I wanted LW season 2 and one of bank or storage. (I think I even calculated without sale and just bought the 4k gems because - 1600 more than needed - cause of the gathering tools which levt me with 400 more than planned cause logging tools coste 1200.) Got storage and bag slot. 1480 left. Still enough to buy Living World 2 at non-discounted price. Only if they brought bank tabs first (me probably getting one) and then not the LS2 (some gems then missing to buy at full price) I'd be in trouble. :D Oh well for a few hundred gems I could trade in some gold. No problem.

So I'm happy with the sale so far. Even if the other stuff would not go on sale. As someone not yet owning an expansion I also get to buy (seems that offer/change stays unlimited) both expansions and only pay for one. (Saves 20 euros compared to the previous package that offered both for 50.)

All LW season packs are now on sale!

Wow. Didn't expect it to get that much discount. Anyone still complaining about this sale now? (I doubt it. ;) )Even bank tabs are announced - and higher discount than previous year. Also shared inventory slot. (Still some gems left after season 2 and bank tab so I might get one of these as well.)

Will be hard to top this next year. People will always want more/higher discounts and better sales. Best they could do is keep it up at the same discount values. This year might be an exception though - with then announcement about the expansions (2 for 1) and the new season announcment - to celebrate.

And yes it is all there - on this page officially:https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/prepare-for-adventure-with-the-new-horizons-mount-skin-collection/

Wiki seems to have it a bit wrong. (Wrong percentage and even for that percantage wrong calculated - for shared inventory.)