Just getting ready for ascended cooking

Lucky.9421

Looking forward to cooking being expanded as well, but agree, even with the 2000 unit limit on the collections I would recommend people on planning on not having all the mats they will need on day one. If you set your expectations lower than you will be more pleasantly surprised. We don't know how long Anet is expecting us to take to go from 400 to 500 but I wouldn't plan on it being a day. I would expect wild fluctuations of prices for some materials and would plan on new ones too. This expansion of the profession has come up many times on the forums, but it's also been brought up a number of times with the concept of diminishing returns so I would plan for these items to require more materials than their less stat driven lower versions. So if we have a food that does +x strength +x vitality and the new one is a feast and also includes +x karma +x magic find and +x wvw bonus then that might need the base price and +10x of these additional mats to make one.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:Looking forward to cooking being expanded as well, but agree, even with the 2000 unit limit on the collections I would recommend people on planning on not having all the mats they will need on day one. If you set your expectations lower than you will be more pleasantly surprised. We don't know how long Anet is expecting us to take to go from 400 to 500 but I wouldn't plan on it being a day. I would expect wild fluctuations of prices for some materials and would plan on new ones too. This expansion of the profession has come up many times on the forums, but it's also been brought up a number of times with the concept of diminishing returns so I would plan for these items to require more materials than their less stat driven lower versions. So if we have a food that does +x strength +x vitality and the new one is a feast and also includes +x karma +x magic find and +x wvw bonus then that might need the base price and +10x of these additional mats to make one.

I dont think they will make a ascended feast cost as much base price as the normal lvl 400 foods mate expect a price hike of old and new materials.

@Lucky.9421 said:So I overhead on the stream we will also need Dragonite ore, Spirit wood and Deldrimor steel. Did I miss anything?

Heat stone (lol @ price spike), which are timegated so you might want to make them over the weekend as I think you need 3 of them. Saw something about growing your own plants and butchering meat, etc. so other daily timegated items like like clay pot, plant food, and of course charged quartz are probably a good idea to make. Even metal ore and wood (knife and butcher block?) could get used, so you could gather a bit of those to try to prepare. Worst case you use it to make the deld steel and spiritwood. Use herbalist glyph/karma tool for even more cooking-related fun.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:You can stockpile as many ingredients as possible. Nothing you make will ever be more ascended than my spaghetti.

I dare you!
Mine
are the best! :p

1) I use grease from the meat I cook to cut the acidity from the sauce. It also makes it less likely to stain.2) I use at least 5 cloves of garlic per pot, crushed with a garlic press.3) I add ingredients and seasonings based on taste and smell. I also use a smaller amount of red onions instead of white or sweet onions. They don't disintegrate as easily and they let me simmer the sauce enough that the flavors meld into each other.4) The few times I decide to make pasta from scratch I always add finely minced basil and garlic powder for added aroma and taste.5) Pasta is also cooked based on texture.6) I add a tablespoon of dark brown sugar at the end when the sauce is cooling down to cut the acidity further and make the flavor of the sauce uniform throughout the pot.

It is chunky, textured and highly addictive.

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:You can stockpile as many ingredients as possible. Nothing you make will ever be more ascended than my spaghetti.

I dare you!
Mine
are the best! :p

1) I use grease from the meat I cook to cut the acidity from the sauce. It also makes it less likely to stain.2) I use at least 5 cloves of garlic per pot, crushed with a garlic press.3) I add ingredients and seasonings based on taste and smell. I also use a smaller amount of red onions instead of white or sweet onions. They don't disintegrate as easily and they let me simmer the sauce enough that the flavors meld into each other.4) The few times I decide to make pasta from scratch I always add finely minced basil and garlic powder for added aroma and taste.5) Pasta is also cooked based on texture.6) I add a tablespoon of dark brown sugar at the end when the sauce is cooling down to cut the acidity further and make the flavor of the sauce uniform throughout the pot.

It is chunky, textured and highly addictive.

So you say spaghetti when you infact are talking about a pasta sauce?Here I was thinking you made something amazing with just the spaghetti strings.

They REALLY shouldn't put a time gate on getting to 500 in a craft since all the other ones didn't. They didn't need to tie "content" to something that's already a PITA.

Also, unless those foods last for hours, using spiritwood and deldrimor as ingredients means the majority won't be using it at all. This only makes a collection quest around getting to 500 an even more giant waste of dev time.

@Lucky.9421

Nice job but I think like me you need Storage Expander to MAX out those materials to the 5000 mark. That's how the pro's do it: 250 mats is kinda low.

I'm kicking myself I foolishly didn't buy these last time they were on offer, which was a very bad under-sight: thus I have lots of useless alts as mules with stacks and stacks of 250 mats, and bank tabs full of 250 mats, whereas if I had used my intellect and bought a full stack of Storage Expanders I wouldn't have this problem! Kinda waiting for them to come on offer again as pricey to MAX out on them without any discount.

I'd love some random spin on ascended food like some food specific aurora effect for the duration of the food abit like Omnoberry Ghost. Or maybe not Ascended Cabbage Soup: Aurora of green flatulence might not that be that attractive.