Support Healing and Defensive Warrior Elite Spec idea: Justicar

Knighthonor.4061

Weapon : Staff.Staff is a Defensive oriented Power weapon with Support aspects.

Mechanics:

*Holy Fury replaces Adrenaline system

*Holy Fury Generates from Weapon damage as well as taken damage.

*Burst Skills are replaced by Judgement skills:

F1 Reparations: Upkeep skill heals nearby allies 10% of the damage you do with weapons.F2 Seize and Detain - AoE Taunt that Pulls nearby enemies after 2 secondsF3 Safe Haven - create a safe area that removes a conditions every second for 4 seconds and grants protection to allies within and blocking projectilesF4 Benediction - Upkeep channel skill healing allies in the targeted area. Cant move while channeled. Heals downed allies as well.

Skills:

*Heal: Divine Touch - Dwayna touches the ground healing 5 allies in the area, and creating a temporary barrier equal to 30% of their health for 3 seconds.Fist of Justice - Strike enemy, stunning them, removing a boon and increasing duration of conditions on them.

*Law and Order - Your next Judgement skill cost no Holy Fury.

*Gavel's Might- Conjure forth a Gavel of justice, striking down on enemies in front of you, healing you and healing an addition for each enemy hit up to 5 targets.

*Elite: Invocation- Become one with the Divine Judgement, becoming an avatar of judgement for 10 seconds. Consumes all Holy Fury

Note:

Holy Fury will generate at a slower pace compared to the core Adrenaline mechanic. In exchange of this and the lack of damage from traditional burst skills, the Justicar has access to more support and defensive skills. Making Justicar both an excellent front like healer, but also excellent break bar breaker.

@derd.6413 said:what is it with ppl and ignoring the religious lore of this game for the sake of an espec?

also to guardiany

whats the religious lore thats ignored? Because in GW1 there were religious warriors of order called Justicars.Guardians are more like Spiritual Ritualist crossed with Warrior.

Justicar would be more a cross between Warrior, Dervish, and Smiter Monks.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@derd.6413 said:what is it with ppl and ignoring the religious lore of this game for the sake of an espec?

also to guardiany

whats the religious lore thats ignored? Because in GW1 there were religious warriors of order called Justicars.Guardians are more like Spiritual Ritualist crossed with Warrior.

charr, asura, sylvari and norn do noy follow the religious believes of the humans and some actively look down on humans because of their religious views. on top of that charr have criminalized religion

also guardians were literally made to be the religious class like paladins but without any religious lore as to remain race neutral

@Swagger.1459 said:What do you not get? You could have called your espec “peanut butter and jelly”, but the whole thing reads like it’s a guardian...

Guardian is a Class. Not an Specialization. Guardian has weapons a number of Specializations, a large number of skills.

Justicar has new burst skill replacement that function nothing like Virtues, 6 new skills and a melee staff which guardian also dont have.

again nothing like Guardian besides having powerful support options.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:What do you not get? You could have called your espec “peanut butter and jelly”, but the whole thing reads like it’s a guardian...

Guardian is a Class. Not an Specialization. Guardian has weapons a number of Specializations, a large number of skills.

Justicar has new burst skill replacement that function nothing like Virtues, 6 new skills and a melee staff which guardian also dont have.

It’s totally like a guardian. Can’t believe you don’t see it.

@Swagger.1459 said:

Its not. Other than being Support oriented its not. Different mechanics. I say closer to Revenant if anything, but with a different method of resource generation.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

Its not. Other than being Support oriented its not. Different mechanics. I say closer to Revenant if anything, but with a different method of resource generation.

Read through guardian then read your op

@Swagger.1459 said:

explain it. You keep saying but doing no explaining.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

I don’t need to explain anything when you can just read the information provided on the wiki.

@Swagger.1459 said:

I don’t need to explain anything when you can just read the information provided on the wiki.

Yeah you do. This is a Discussion forum. You explain the stuff you say.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

Why should I explain when there is resource material you can read? The wiki explains it all

@Swagger.1459 said:

Why should I explain when there is resource material you can read? The wiki explains it all

as I said before. This is a Discussion forum. Thats why

Because you won't click the link he gave you here is the description of the Guardian from the wiki:

"Guardians are devoted fighters who protect their allies and smite their enemies by drawing from the power of their virtues. True guardians are brilliant tacticians and selfless defenders who know when to sacrifice their own defenses to empower their allies to achieve victory."

What you posted looks like, sounds like, and would function like a guardian. Warrior needs a better support role, don't get me wrong, but what you put forth is more of a guardian e-spec than a warrior e-spec. A warrior support e-spec would probably have more combo fields, or updates to shouts and banners along with either staff, pistols, or shortbow (shudder at the thought).

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:Because you won't click the link he gave you here is the description of the Guardian from the wiki:

"Guardians are devoted fighters who protect their allies and smite their enemies by drawing from the power of their virtues. True guardians are brilliant tacticians and selfless defenders who know when to sacrifice their own defenses to empower their allies to achieve victory."

What you posted looks like, sounds like, and would function like a guardian. Warrior needs a better support role, don't get me wrong, but what you put forth is more of a guardian e-spec than a warrior e-spec. A warrior support e-spec would probably have more combo fields, or updates to shouts and banners along with either staff, pistols, or shortbow (shudder at the thought).

Warrior already has those things. I don't want an elite spec with more of the same things the core already has. That's the point of elite specs to change up the way core play. As I said above, Guardians aren't the only heavy armor defense class in Lore. Justicars existed 200 years ago and played a warrior/dervish/monk role. Guardians is more Warrior/Rit/monk compared to here. Besides its support role its not like Guardian in gameplay. The mechanics of this is more of a inverse Revenant with better resource system.Like I said before, I don't want another elite spec that's does the same thing core does with a different look. Rage skills for example seem like amp up Physicals. We already have Banners and Shouts. I would be very disappointed in a new elite spec that gave more shouts.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:Because you won't click the link he gave you here is the description of the Guardian from the wiki:

Warrior already has those things. I don't want an elite spec with more of the same things the core already has. That's the point of elite specs to change up the way core play. As I said above, Guardians aren't the only heavy armor defense class in Lore. Justicars existed 200 years ago and played a warrior/dervish/monk role. Guardians is more Warrior/Rit/monk compared to here. Besides its support role its not like Guardian in gameplay. The mechanics of this is more of a inverse Revenant with better resource system.Like I said before, I don't want another elite spec that's does the same thing core does with a different look. Rage skills for example seem like amp up Physicals. We already have Banners and Shouts. I would be very disappointed in a new elite spec that gave more shouts.

I'm not arguing with your lore, but what you put forth is a guardian.

Warrior only has Longbow for combo fields, I'd love to be able to lay down a smoke field and leap through it. I'd love an e-spec that had access to several low CD fields of varying sorts that I could leap through or blast.

Shouts as they are now suck, but an e-spec could make them better with things like echos and arias from GW1.

You can have your Justicar, but you'll get further with it if it played off of what Warrior can already do and make it more like the old Paragons from GW1 than the Guardians in GW2.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Because you won't click the link he gave you here is the description of the Guardian from the wiki:

I'm not arguing with your lore, but what you put forth is a guardian.

Warrior only has Longbow for combo fields, I'd love to be able to lay down a smoke field and leap through it. I'd love an e-spec that had access to several low CD fields of varying sorts that I could leap through or blast.

Shouts as they are now suck, but an e-spec could make them better with things like echos and arias from GW1.

You can have your Justicar, but you'll get further with it if it played off of what Warrior can already do and make it more like the old Paragons from GW1 than the Guardians in GW2.

But that's the same as saying Dragon Hunter is Ranger since it added Longbow and Traps theme wise so it shouldn't be done?Guardian Dragon Hunter is similar theme but has its own identity. Same with Justicar Warrior and Guardian. Both may have support and defense themed heavy armor fighters, but they play differently. At the end of the day Justicar is still a Warrior with Warrior mechanics not virtues of Guardians.

Shouts may not be best but I don't want a whole elite spec to do something Warrior already has. Elite specs suppose to change up the play of core classes and make them function differently. Good examples of this is Firebrand Guardian and Scourge Necromancer.

Paragon concept was done with the Spellbreaker as their description mention that the Sunspears abandoned their spears for their broken spears tips which they use as daggers.

Justicar Warrior is much different play style for core warrior in a unique spin on its Adrenaline system for support.