Weakest Heal?

Stallic.2397

Of all weapon based heal skills I'm aware of, steam surge (Dagger Fire/Water Dual) is the weakest of them all. This is based off comparison, since every other Ele skill either grants regeneration or a water field of 4 sec.

The only heal skills that doesn't meet the above criteria are dagger skills. Cone of cold at least provides higher healing with a lower cooldown. Cleansing wave already clears two conditions, with a burst heal of 2.5 k. Steam surge on the other hand has an 18 second cooldown, lower healing, and a water field of only 2 seconds!

All other weapon skills either provide higher healing, longer water-filled, regeneration, and/or similar damage. Given the fact that dagger Weaver relies on evades and sustain, the water field for steam surge should be buffed from 2 to 4 seconds. This would align it with all other skills and would allow much easier access to combos.

I don't see that it pulses a heal. Also, the radius of the heal is only 240. Though, pulsing is a good suggestion for a buff. Kinda like how riptide pulses. That way you won't even have to blast the field in order to get a decent heal from it.

I wouldn't say blasting the water field is impossible. But you only have two seconds to do it, which is an unnecessary restriction given all other water fields have a standard 4 sec time limit

They do need to buff core wepon main hand healing effects for sure as the tempest class is an off hand only wepon and its the healing class with less healing weapons skill effects then the weaver who is the "dmg" aimed spec. That or give tempest sword lol.

@"Stallic.2397" said:I don't see that it pulses a heal. Also, the radius of the heal is only 240. Though, pulsing is a good suggestion for a buff. Kinda like how riptide pulses. That way you won't even have to blast the field in order to get a decent heal from it.

I wouldn't say blasting the water field is impossible. But you only have two seconds to do it, which is an unnecessary restriction given all other water fields have a standard 4 sec time limit

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Steam_Surge

I prefer steamsurge to riptide honestly, I main D/D weaver & Steamsurge is an excellent skill, it pulses approx 500 health in the field every 1/2 for 2 seconds, Reason I like that is I can reap the most benefits from the heal without having to sit in a field for a long time. the heal totals around 2000 health heal, and if blasted twice ends up being about a 5000 hp heal. it also deals decent damage for me to other players, anywhere from 3k - 4.5k on a crit.

@kornfanxxx.9143 said:I prefer steamsurge to riptide honestly, I main D/D weaver & Steamsurge is an excellent skill, it pulses approx 500 health in the field every 1/2 for 2 seconds, Reason I like that is I can reap the most benefits from the heal without having to sit in a field for a long time. the heal totals around 2000 health heal, and if blasted twice ends up being about a 5000 hp heal. it also deals decent damage for me to other players, anywhere from 3k - 4.5k on a crit.

One thing I like about riptide is it's affected by the 20% c/d reduction if you trait water -- that skill is always available by the time I rotate back to water attunement.

The dual-skills don't seem to get any c/d reduction at all which kind of blows.