Profession Leaderboard

Zagerus.8675

So with DuoQ making it's return yet again this season (and for the foreseeable future >.>) I was thinking, why not add a profession leaderboard to the game as a subset to the main leaderboard? Throw in some profession-specific titles; Warrior of the Arena, Engineer of the Arena ect... You could also add some profession specific novelties. They wouldn't be as flashy as the tourny baubles of course, but Warrior could earn a small floaty gladiator helmet, for example. Thief could earn a simple shadow sprite. Clean glowy infusions that correspond to the color theme each profession could be cool too, just tons of fun stuff to try and earn. You could do some fun things with a profession leaderboard and it would give dedicated PvPvE'ers something to shoot for in addition to the main titles. We desperately need more people playing PvP.

I've always believed that playing any profession in PvP for a sustained amount of time will help make you God/Goddess tier at it in PvE. So, I think encouraging people to stick with and tryhard on a profession (or two) for a season would be a great benefit to all game modes within the game as well.

63ne2Ce.jpg

This is actually a great idea for several reasons across all game modes.

For spvp, the first that comes to mind for me, is that the class icons could replace badges and also indicate rank through color. This way, while forming AT groups, I can just look out across who is standing in the lobby and find a plat level Spellbreaker as example.

@"Zagerus.8675" said:So with DuoQ making it's return yet again this season (and for the foreseeable future >.>) I was thinking, why not add a profession leaderboard to the game as a subset to the main leaderboard? Throw in some profession-specific titles; Warrior of the Arena, Engineer of the Arena ect... You could also add some profession specific novelties. They wouldn't be as flashy as the tourny baubles of course, but Warrior could earn a small floaty gladiator helmet, for example. Thief could earn a simple shadow sprite. Clean glowy infusions that correspond to the color theme each profession could be cool too, just tons of fun stuff to try and earn. You could do some fun things with a profession leaderboard and it would give dedicated PvPvE'ers something to shoot for in addition to the main titles. We desperately need more people playing PvP.

I've always believed that playing any profession in PvP for a sustained amount of time will help make you God/Goddess tier at it in PvE. So, I think encouraging people to stick with and tryhard on a profession (or two) for a season would be a great benefit to all game modes within the game as well.

63ne2Ce.jpg

anet will never do that, casuals pvers will just cry to much that they're "forced" to play pve to get the cosmetics

That is actually nice idea, you didn't get that high in the leaderboard but you are in top 10 of your class leaderboard since your class is not that META anymore but you are still good at it. WP made nice video about the leaderboard on how it is more about not playing the game and more about how you queue and when

, class leaderboard might offset that somewhat . Before people were posting Best X players by profession in the forum which was nice as a pat on the back "You did good" kind of deal.