Why mesmer is the only class that got mobility nerf?

qbsixzeros.5210

Because portal was pretty much obligatory for mesmer in PvP. ArenaNet didn't like that it was essentially obligatory and nerfed it, forgetting that portal plays have historically been what keeps mesmer worth taking into sPvP when whichever build was the flavour of last month gets splattered by the nerfbat.

@draxynnic.3719 said:Because portal was pretty much obligatory for mesmer in PvP. ArenaNet didn't like that it was essentially obligatory and nerfed it, forgetting that portal plays have historically been what keeps mesmer worth taking into sPvP when whichever build was the flavour of last month gets splattered by the nerfbat.

I love when someone uses excuse like that, but doesnt implement it for everything, and just nitpickit at will so they dont have to explain things.scourge is mandatory, no scourge + firebrand = you lost mid, but it doesnt apply for them i guess.then there is holo, just played game against 3 holos, it was fucking miserable. Clowns running with perma stability constantly spaming aoe nukes, yikes.

@Zero.3871 said:

@"Anativ.2374" said:mes got portal nerf.
why they dont nerf mobility on other classes?

"because you cant nerf what doesnt exist." ;)-necromancer

I mean, Necro is pretty solid in the game, so I dont see why you are asking for mobility buffs when its damage is stacked,

@praqtos.9035As for Mesmer, Anet do tend to nerf core skills/traits more than Elite specs, just so they can sell the elite specs onto people so they buy the expansion, every other class has had its core skills nerfed although some do still do well

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

I mean, Necro is pretty solid in the game, so I dont see why you are asking for mobility buffs when its damage is stacked,

@praqtos.9035As for Mesmer, Anet do tend to nerf core skills/traits more than Elite specs, just so they can sell the elite specs onto people so they buy the expansion, every other class has had its core skills nerfed although some do still do well

uff, where did i ask for buffs?^^

@Zero.3871 said:

uff, where did i ask for buffs?^^

I tend to think when people complain about a certain aspect that their class doesn't have, they all want buffs without thinking about nerfing the damage

@"zinkz.7045" said:If you think other classes have never had mobility nerfs in this game, then that says more about your lack of knowledge than anything else...Okay, can you give the list of real mobiity nerfs ?In fact if they would remove blink, mesmer would be the most "immobile" class in the game, even necromancer would be faster

@praqtos.9035 said:

@zinkz.7045 said:If you think other classes have never had mobility nerfs in this game, then that says more about your lack of knowledge than anything else...Okay, can you give the list of real mobiity nerfs ?

LOL, no I am not giving an entire list of every nerf to every mobility skill/trait, I'll give you one example just to show it is not just mesmers that have had mobility nerfed.

Ele - Ride The Lighting, it had a 15 sec cooldown and about 1500 range, they then nerfed the cooldown to 20 secs. Then they nerfed it again by nerfing the range to 1200 and raising the cooldown to 40 secs with a clause that if you hit a player with the skill that the cooldown stayed at 20 secs. Four years later they buffed the cooldown to 30 secs.

@GWMO.4785 said:

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:As for Mesmer, Anet do tend to nerf core skills/traits more than Elite specs, just so they can sell the elite specs onto people so they buy the expansion, every other class has had its core skills nerfed although some do still do well.
*Looks at chrono...
You where saying?

Oh look, PoF is out go buy that now

@zinkz.7045 said:

@zinkz.7045 said:If you think other classes have never had mobility nerfs in this game, then that says more about your lack of knowledge than anything else...Okay, can you give the list of real mobiity nerfs ?

LOL, no I am not giving an entire list of every nerf to every mobility skill/trait, I'll give you one example just to show it is not just mesmers that have had mobility nerfed.

Ele - Ride The Lighting, it had a 15 sec cooldown and about 1500 range, they then nerfed the cooldown to 20 secs. Then they nerfed it again by nerfing the range to 1200 and raising the cooldown to 40 secs with a clause that if you hit a player with the skill that the cooldown stayed at 20 secs. Four years later they buffed the cooldown to 30 secs.I want to have that weapon skill too, 1500 range on 15 seconds cd XDSo, because they "normalized" a busted weapon skill 6 years ago is that shows they really go after mobility skills on other classes? You could give more way more examples something new'er than 6 years ago and more than just one example.I lack knowledge after all.

Because it was complained about in the PvP subforum. Easy question, easy answer.

Edit:This is not something new for mobility skills:

• Revenant's phase traversal got nerfed pretty quickly after being introduced in the game with increase in CD and energy cost all due to PvP balance.
  • Elementalist's RTL is another example of mobility nerf due to PvP complaints.

@praqtos.9035 said:

Ele - Ride The Lighting, it had a 15 sec cooldown and about 1500 range, they then nerfed the cooldown to 20 secs. Then they nerfed it again by nerfing the range to 1200 and raising the cooldown to 40 secs with a clause that if you hit a player with the skill that the cooldown stayed at 20 secs. Four years later they buffed the cooldown to 30 secs.I want to have that weapon skill too, 1500 range on 15 seconds cd XDSo, because they "normalized" a buted weapon skill 6 years ago is that shows they really go after mobility skills on other classes? You could give more way more examples something new'er than 6 years ago and more than just one example.I lack knowledge after all.

I gave an example of a nerf to mobility on another class, it is fact, doesn't matter when it was or whether you consider something busted or not, that is just you grasping at straws.

If you needed me to inform you of that nerf and are unaware of any nerfs to mobility of other classes over the course of this game, then yes, you lack knowledge, so maybe go read up on mobility related skills/traits and educate yourself, start with Druid. ;)

@zinkz.7045 said:

Ele - Ride The Lighting, it had a 15 sec cooldown and about 1500 range, they then nerfed the cooldown to 20 secs. Then they nerfed it again by nerfing the range to 1200 and raising the cooldown to 40 secs with a clause that if you hit a player with the skill that the cooldown stayed at 20 secs. Four years later they buffed the cooldown to 30 secs.I want to have that weapon skill too, 1500 range on 15 seconds cd XDSo, because they "normalized" a buted weapon skill 6 years ago is that shows they really go after mobility skills on other classes? You could give more way more examples something new'er than 6 years ago and more than just one example.I lack knowledge after all.

I gave an example of a nerf to mobility on another class, it is fact, doesn't matter when it was or whether you consider something busted or not, that is just you grasping at straws.After playing this game for a long time many people clearly can tell what is busted and what is not, a weapon skill on 15s cd with 1550 range is clearly nuts, nothing comes close it.If you needed me to inform you of that nerf and are unaware of any nerfs to mobility of other classes over the course of this game has had nerfs to mobility then yes, you lack knowledge, so maybe go read up on mobility related skills/traits and educate yourself, start with Druid. ;)
. What mobility skills suffered an over 50% nerfs since mesmer portal was nerfed? From latest updates first that comes to my mind thief got thier own portal, arldy fastest class in the game.All I see is a salty random that lacks said "knowledge" in the first place, my advice, be quiet and keep your salt under control

@Dadnir.5038 said:Because it was complained about in the PvP subforum. Easy question, easy answer.

• Revenant's phase traversal got nerfed pretty quickly after being introduced in the game with increase in CD and energy cost all due to PvP balance.
  • Elementalist's RTL is another example of mobility nerf due to PvP complaints.Portal estabilished in its state since the game release.No wonder some stuff being quickly nerfed because how strong it is.October 23, 2015 Heart of Thorns release:Phase Traversal has been added to the game.October 27, 2015

Added a 5-second recharge.They needed only 4 days to realize its broken. I miss these guys who balanced HoT. Some changes of course never been made to sell more copies but its never been that bad as now.RTL is a mere weapon skill that was insane busted, especially for their time.P.S thief also had infiltrator strike buffed (2015?), not like they only nerf them, they had some mercy upon LTR to buff it again in 2017.Anyway, this thread was never worth discussing , answers being given a long ago. OP is late to the party :)

@praqtos.9035 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:Because it was complained about in the PvP subforum. Easy question, easy answer.

• Revenant's
    phase traversal
    got nerfed pretty quickly after being introduced in the game with increase in CD and energy cost all due to PvP balance.
  • Elementalist's RTL is another example of mobility nerf due to PvP complaints.Portal estabilished in its state since the game release.No wonder some stuff being quickly nerfed because how strong it is.October 23, 2015 Heart of Thorns release:Phase Traversal has been added to the game.October 27, 2015

Added a 5-second recharge.They needed only 4 days to realize its broken. I miss these guys who balanced HoT. Some changes of course never been made to sell more copies but its never been that bad as now.RTL is a mere weapon skill that was insane busted, especially for their time.P.S thief also had infiltrator strike buffed (2015?), not like they only nerf them, they had some mercy upon LTR to buff it again in 2017.Anyway, this thread was never worth discussing , answers being given a long ago. OP is late to the party :)

Maybe portal was kept in this state because it was one of a kind and it is no longer the case, which allow the developpers to now bring it in line with the other new skills that are similar to portal.

As for whether or not it's late, not everyone keep a close eye on all the subforums and it's not surprising to see concerns come back regularly. Feeling cheated by a nerf isn't a new thing yet there is thousand of thread on the subjects, should we say to anyone that complain that they are late on the party?

@Dadnir.5038 said:

• Revenant's
    phase traversal
    got nerfed pretty quickly after being introduced in the game with increase in CD and energy cost all due to PvP balance.

Maybe portal was kept in this state because it was one of a kind and it is no longer the case, which allow the developpers to now bring it in line with the other new skills that are similar to portal.Year later the most mobile class recieve a portal... and its work very differently, its not (in pvp) transport your team, only 1 person, and its not recieving a full cooldown on use, either, you cant see if thief has used it. Similar, yet, very different in how they work, a year... later... /facepalm.People didnt miss opportunity to complain about everything mesmer had when anet ignored feedback from the mesmer players and listen to whining side, not more, not less.As for whether or not it's late, not everyone keep a close eye on all the subforums and it's not surprising to see concerns come back regularly. Feeling cheated by a nerf isn't a new thing yet there is thousand of thread on the subjects, should we say to anyone that complain that they are late on the party?He had his answers /shrug.