8-25-19 ANet BG Dev OP, Can JQ get one next time?

Viridian.9175

ANET STOP SELF REZZING YOURSELF. YOU WERE GIVING ME A HEADACHE FOR THE FIRST 2:30 of this video (

)! LMAO last night was so much fun. Next time can we get one of those on our side? I wanna see you two fight it out on the next WvW fight like that. We still got your SMC though, ;)

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi, I was looking at the server CPU performance vs. the level of zerg-ness in battles. Which means I die a lot since I'm distracted by graphs. I can watch the battle for a few minutes while dead (and of course people love to build siege weapons on top of dead me because of the ANet tag) but after a few minutes the rez timer would teleport me back to base, and I would have to run back over to the battle. So I rezzed myself. I assure you I was of little to no benefit to Blackgate. If/when I do this again I can switch among the other tier 1 teams for fairness (and also to see different play styles). Rezzing myself probably stuck out like a sore thumb - sorry! Also I did fire off some skills but mostly to see if I was experiencing skill lag.

BTW, I was doing this a couple of nights before (before I thought of rezzing myself to avoid running back to battle) and I had a commander tag up that said "ANet Dude Looking at Lag". Would that help?

Don't be sorry (Us players always gotta find a way to troll the devs, all in fun, otherwise we wouldn't be doing our jobs well)! Are you kidding our discord was all laughs! We didn't think anything negatively of it, just hilarious. We enjoyed the show. I was like guys guys guys, on tag, I know this is fun but there is a big pointing thing in the sky we have to take. At 9:14, if you look at map chat, that was some of the most fun JQ has had in WvW in a long time. Please don't be sorry. Just keep bringing the fights (next time just try to target the tag over one of our highest dps XD, big char with wings, armor not matching whatsoever. We were like awe come on man, you killed our scourge haha)! Plus i'm sure there are still a few who need that achievement :P

@"Stephen ClarkeWillson.1802" said:Hi, I was looking at the server CPU performance vs. the level of zerg-ness in battles. Which means I die a lot since I'm distracted by graphs. I can watch the battle for a few minutes while dead (and of course people love to build siege weapons on top of dead me because of the ANet tag) but after a few minutes the rez timer would teleport me back to base, and I would have to run back over to the battle. So I rezzed myself. I assure you I was of little to no benefit to Blackgate. If/when I do this again I can switch among the other tier 1 teams for fairness (and also to see different play styles). Rezzing myself probably stuck out like a sore thumb - sorry! Also I did fire off some skills but mostly to see if I was experiencing skill lag.

BTW, I was doing this a couple of nights before (before I thought of rezzing myself to avoid running back to battle) and I had a commander tag up that said "ANet Dude Looking at Lag". Would that help?

Thanks for looking into this. EB has been particularly bad lately and hopefully you guys can do something about it.

Hey at least its being looked into so there is concern to address it and make it better/make it less off a problem. Next thing is to remove the player restrictions on wvw guild missions since a lot of times have to use storage guilds as alternate claims when its mostly just one large guild on the map. I figure being as expensive as it is and being tied to wvw that we could get a change on that too. Its not the topic but just throwing it out there :D

Why is rezzing yourself from double down 'so you don't have to run back from the base' even a thing? I've NEVER in all my years playing GW2 ever seen an Anet dev/employee do that in WvW....

While I totally appreciate you looking at stats to try and maybe improve performance somewhere in my favourite game mode, I am personally somewhat torn up about what you're actually doing there... It feels like it was taking away from the game for the rest somewhat? I mean look how much time they wasted on you killing you again and again, energy that may have been better directed at killing other players while you continued to get pot-shots in after the fact. Why not give yourself invincibility already so you don't go past the 1HP just like in the guild arena? About the same from where I stand...

Legit though as much patience as I have with most things, if that was myself commanding instead, I would have pinned down and quit for the evening, straight up. If you were on my side instead I still would have been just as disgusted because of the appearance of cheating, which I've never ever tolerated and I've quit for the night in the past in light of any... We've all been dealing with skill lag for 6+ years, surely there's a better way to obtain your technical intel?

And if I seem grumpy, I'm sorry. I've seen some pretty poopy hacks from players over the years, and it may not be an actual hack to you, but that's pretty awful from a players' perspective imo

@Tsu Le Voyou.9675 said:Why is rezzing yourself from double down 'so you don't have to run back from the base' even a thing? I've NEVER in all my years playing GW2 ever seen an Anet dev/employee do that in WvW....

While I totally appreciate you looking at stats to try and maybe improve performance somewhere in my favourite game mode, I am personally somewhat torn up about what you're actually doing there... It feels like it was taking away from the game for the rest somewhat? I mean look how much time they wasted on you killing you again and again, energy that may have been better directed at killing other players while you continued to get pot-shots in after the fact. Why not give yourself invincibility already so you don't go past the 1HP just like in the guild arena? About the same from where I stand...

Legit though as much patience as I have with most things, if that was myself commanding instead, I would have pinned down and quit for the evening, straight up. If you were on my side instead I still would have been just as disgusted because of the appearance of cheating, which I've never ever tolerated and I've quit for the night in the past in light of any... We've all been dealing with skill lag for 6+ years, surely there's a better way to obtain your technical intel?

And if I seem grumpy, I'm sorry. I've seen some pretty poopy hacks from players over the years, and it may not be an actual hack to you, but that's pretty awful from a players' perspective imo

I think you are looking little too deep into this.

@Acheron.4731 said:

I'll have to respectfully disagree. I simply asked if there was another method to obtaining data, because of the perspective it brings to other players.

See how much easier that was?

jk, your opinion is your own, I was just messing with you :)

Yes, it's easy when there's context behind it, isn't it?Not my first rodeo :)

Very fun :) Can some of you WvW devs change your character model to the desert giant, tag up, and get on each of the three servers in tier one, please? I want to see giants on the WvW maps, enemy and friendly. Favors could be done for fun by request of the giants. For holidays, you can just plug in the Mad King skins and what have you. Lupicus would be fun too. ;)

@"Stephen ClarkeWillson.1802" said:Hi, I was looking at the server CPU performance vs. the level of zerg-ness in battles. Which means I die a lot since I'm distracted by graphs. I can watch the battle for a few minutes while dead (and of course people love to build siege weapons on top of dead me because of the ANet tag) but after a few minutes the rez timer would teleport me back to base, and I would have to run back over to the battle. So I rezzed myself. I assure you I was of little to no benefit to Blackgate. If/when I do this again I can switch among the other tier 1 teams for fairness (and also to see different play styles). Rezzing myself probably stuck out like a sore thumb - sorry! Also I did fire off some skills but mostly to see if I was experiencing skill lag.

Come play on EU Friday reset. Last Friday people couldn't even press W properly. Dont even think about using any skills. It was lagging too hard more than I could take.

Surprising people actually looking into all the skill lags.Just an FYI, 2 servers, even full on 60 vs 60 blobs are usually not enough to cause skill lags.Skill lags usually kick in when a third server joins up and it becomes something along the lines of 60v60v60.Its the 3-way fights when all 3 servers have 50+ in one area is when skill lag becomes unbearable.

The best time to test this is probably ebg on reset (wvw reset that is).

@Tsu Le Voyou.9675 said:

I'll have to respectfully disagree. I simply asked if there was another method to obtaining data, because of the perspective it brings to other players.Most likely there wasn't. We've known for a long time that dev tools in GW2 are quite lacking.

BTW, I was doing this a couple of nights before (before I thought of rezzing myself to avoid running back to battle) and I had a commander tag up that said "ANet Dude Looking at Lag". Would that help?Good to know you are actively monitoring the problem. It used to be a problem on EU as well - any bigger battle (even 30v30 was enough) on any map caused huge skill lags on that map, but it's way better now.Anyway, can't you turn yourself invisible and invulnerable? That would probably make your job easier?