8-25-19 ANet BG Dev OP, Can JQ get one next time?

Viridian.9175

@"Stephen ClarkeWillson.1802" said:Hi, I was looking at the server CPU performance vs. the level of zerg-ness in battles. Which means I die a lot since I'm distracted by graphs. I can watch the battle for a few minutes while dead (and of course people love to build siege weapons on top of dead me because of the ANet tag) but after a few minutes the rez timer would teleport me back to base, and I would have to run back over to the battle. So I rezzed myself. I assure you I was of little to no benefit to Blackgate. If/when I do this again I can switch among the other tier 1 teams for fairness (and also to see different play styles). Rezzing myself probably stuck out like a sore thumb - sorry! Also I did fire off some skills but mostly to see if I was experiencing skill lag.

BTW, I was doing this a couple of nights before (before I thought of rezzing myself to avoid running back to battle) and I had a commander tag up that said "ANet Dude Looking at Lag". Would that help?

While you were watching the graphs, did you happen to notice that BG has finished first in all the skirmishes in this matchup?

@"Stephen ClarkeWillson.1802" said:Hi, I was looking at the server CPU performance vs. the level of zerg-ness in battles. Which means I die a lot since I'm distracted by graphs. I can watch the battle for a few minutes while dead (and of course people love to build siege weapons on top of dead me because of the ANet tag) but after a few minutes the rez timer would teleport me back to base, and I would have to run back over to the battle. So I rezzed myself. I assure you I was of little to no benefit to Blackgate. If/when I do this again I can switch among the other tier 1 teams for fairness (and also to see different play styles). Rezzing myself probably stuck out like a sore thumb - sorry! Also I did fire off some skills but mostly to see if I was experiencing skill lag.

BTW, I was doing this a couple of nights before (before I thought of rezzing myself to avoid running back to battle) and I had a commander tag up that said "ANet Dude Looking at Lag". Would that help?

Can you talk to the team about selling a wvw self rez on the gemstore? Think that would be a hot item! :)

@Swagger.1459 said:

Can you talk to the team about selling a wvw self rez on the gemstore? Think that would be a hot item! :)

‘That item has been disabled in WvW’-Rez orbs

Can you hear the rage.....?

I fear the only thing you may end up regretting is announcing you were looking at something in WvW. This post will be referenced and twisted in and out of context a great deal over the coming months.

Interestingly I've seen players do exactly this. Rezz themselves from dead. I watched it happen once inside fire keep. A ranger was dead beside me in lords room. Just him and me in there at the time. I was wondering why he didn't just port out. Then I was looking at the inventory and suddenly he got up and killed me before I could react. It's not the first time I've seen this. I understand your wanting to "test" things but the only way to truly test is to play exactly like we all play. It's bad enough that the hackers in this game get no consequences for what they do, as far as I can see. Frankly I can see this actually encouraging hackers to keep doing what they do because, well, ANet does it.. :P

Just my thoughts..

I'm curious... did the dev actually have to go into the game to see skill lag? Seems like something there should be logs for.... Or was it to test to see the effects of skill lag? Also, is there actually anything anet can or would really do about skill lag? It's been in WvW since the beginning.

That was a very small battle, the lag would have been completely negligible. However, there are certain areas that automatically have lag start once you enter it. For instance, if you were to travel to the Northwest region of the Alpine Borderlands, near the Jump Puzzle and the Skritt and up the NW ramp leading to north camp....Lag increases exponentially. I have never been able to figure out why. But there are certain spots, where if a large group of players happen to battle, the lag is astronomically high, to the point where we reach Skill Lag. Where you keep hitting your skills, but your skills are now in a QUE all of it's own, that it won't activate until a minute or two down the road. But by that time, everyone elses que is popping for their own skills...and your pretty much dead as your skills are still in que for activating.

Some sea player still lagging badly and among them, some say only gw2 is lagging while other games with servers too in na region not.

It is very frustrating, you already have to deal with blobs of either stacked or bandwagoners servers, you also have to deal with the declining sea population, now you also have to deal with lag. I guess anet is telling us to go play other games which I believe I would soon since there is another b2p pvp focus mmorpg title coming soon. The game too is NA region and apparently has 100 ping lesser according to my fellow countrymen. Joke on you anet.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:Some sea player still lagging badly and among them, some say only gw2 is lagging while other games with servers too in na region not.

It is very frustrating, you already have to deal with blobs of either stacked or bandwagoners servers, you also have to deal with the declining sea population, now you also have to deal with lag. I guess anet is telling us to go play other games which I believe I would soon since there is another b2p pvp focus mmorpg title coming soon. The game too is NA region and apparently has 100 ping lesser according to my fellow countrymen. Joke on you anet.

It definitely is gw2 servers. When I was in Texas with Google fiber, I'd have 10 ms ping elsewhere. WvW ping was typically around 50-60. Another issue is their game engine just seems to have (and has had since the start) big problems with large fights. As the game as progressed and more particle effects have been added, server lag and issues with the engine have only become worse and worse.

If you need to record date for lag in Eternal Battlegrounds or wherever, it might be useful to pop a ridiculous tonic that keeps you out of combat. Test a couple skills if you need to but stick to the tonic. At the very least it takes some of the seriousness out of a dev's presence during a battle, especially when that battle involves Blackgate.

Lets not get on the case of someone making an active effort to address an issue we've been complaining about for years. That said, this game has a spectator mode. Sure it doesn't exist for the playerbase in wvw, but I'm sure its easy enough to access it. We've had everyone-is-friends mode in wvw before. =P

~ Kovu