LF Condi build for zerg fights (WvW)

nomak.8693

hey guys,as the title says I'm looking for a build that could work in large scale fights. I know Mesmer in general is not meta anymore since chrono got gutted but is there a condi tanky-ish (mirage) build that could do the job? I've seen some videos on youTube that ppl use Trailblazer gear with Necromancer runes. Others go for Grieving gear, and so on.I already have spellbreaker, scourge, herald, healing fb but I'm too bored with those already. That's why I wanna play condi mesmer. :)Please help out :)

There is no build for the mesmer class in any way, shape, or form based around conditions that will do more damage than a condition scourge that plays by intermittently slapping the keyboard when the y feel like it. Any mesmer built for conditions would be an instant kick from any zerg squad because you might accidentally consume a boon that could be used by someone that isn't a free bag.

I have 2 builds for you. Not saying that they will be very effective as say necro (scourge) or so. But these are the ones i would use if you where to persist on playing condi mirage:

CI Zerg) Is a focused in staying in zergs. You move with the group. It relies on boon stripping and interrupting to get the most out of it.Hit 'n Run) Is as the name suggests a quick burst build. You move on the side. And pick (squishy) players off left and right that have an opening to you. Preferably back-line necros, ele's and such. Or other people that are (semi) low on health

@"GWMO.4785" said:I have 2 builds for you. Not saying that they will be very effective as say necro (scourge) or so. But these are the ones i would use if you where to persist on playing condi mirage:

CI Zerg) Is a focused in staying in zergs. You move with the group. It relies on boon stripping and interrupting to get the most out of it.Hit 'n Run) Is as the name suggests a quick burst build. You move on the side. And pick (squishy) players off left and right that have an opening to you. Preferably back-line necros, ele's and such. Or other people that are (semi) low on healthThanks for your reply. :)I like the idea of the 1st build and might try it out.Do you think a hybrid build could work too? Something like this for example:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAcqZlRwuYYMKmJe0SrPdA-zRRYchZGd4yo7UojKQvZpKpN-eStill has high condition damage, about the same amount of power and 2.5k. toughness.

damage versionhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAYx/lRwuYUsImJWMXtvdA-z1IY8omvE0eWm0TD-w

yeah I dunno. focus on backline I guess?fun fact crystal sands hits more then 5 ppl, not sure how many exactly. not fun fact, the 6 hits will not proc on everyone.

support versionhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAYx3lZwsYTsPmJm0WtvdA-zVRYRK1A+NxOjeUBZKF04s43mF-w

@"nomak.8693" said:

Thanks for your reply. :)I like the idea of the 1st build and might try it out.Do you think a hybrid build could work too? Something like this for example:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAcqZlRwuYYMKmJe0SrPdA-zRRYchZGd4yo7UojKQvZpKpN-eStill has high condition damage, about the same amount of power and 2.5k. toughness.Going more aggressive with vipers is fine if you are (more) confident. But i do not think axe will do much there in mid zerg fights. That works better when you aim for single targets. Say roaming or when you pick people from the sides.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@SloRules.3560 said:WHY? Why do you guys give him builds that are totally ineffective?It's like people
want
to have more players running awful builds in their wvw groups, I don't really understand.

because:

@"GWMO.4785" said:"Not saying that they will be very effective as say necro (scourge) or so. But these are the ones i would use if you where to persist on playing condi mirage"

@GWMO.4785 said:

@SloRules.3560 said:WHY? Why do you guys give him builds that are totally ineffective?It's like people
want
to have more players running awful builds in their wvw groups, I don't really understand.

because:

"Not saying that they will be very effective as say necro (scourge) or so.
But these are the ones i would use if you where to persist on playing condi mirage
"

Providing options just encourages poor play. It's like if someone came up asking for the best ways to weld without using welding goggles, and you said "well, I'm not saying it'll be very effective, but you could try squinting really tightly". It's better just to say "no, don't do that".

@"Pyroatheist.9031" said:Providing options just encourages poor play. It's like if someone came up asking for the best ways to weld without using welding goggles, and you said "well, I'm not saying it'll be very effective, but you could try squinting really tightly". It's better just to say "no, don't do that".I do understand your point of view. However you're comparing two entire different worlds here. Using welding goggles while welding is at most important for your safety of your eyes. And you shouldnt do it without. Translating back to the game, that is not the case. The only important part here is that he/she has fun doing so. Being optimized comes second, if not at all. IF OP would ask if there was a very effective (meta) condi mirage build for wvw (zerg). Then i simply would have replied with "no".

@GWMO.4785 said:

@"Pyroatheist.9031" said:Providing options just encourages poor play. It's like if someone came up asking for the best ways to weld without using welding goggles, and you said "well, I'm not saying it'll be very effective, but you could try squinting really tightly". It's better just to say "no, don't do that".I do understand your point of view. However you're comparing two entire different worlds here. Using welding goggles while welding is at most important for your safety of your eyes. And you shouldnt do it without. Translating back to the game, that is not the case. The only important part here is that he/she has fun doing so. Being optimized comes second, if not at all.
IF
OP would ask if there was a very effective (meta) condi mirage build for wvw (zerg). Then i simply would have replied with "no".

New "why am i being kicked from the squad" thread inc... from frustrated new player.

@GWMO.4785 said:

@"SloRules.3560" said:New "why am i being kicked from the squad" thread inc... from frustrated new player.Who needs a squad anyway. Just move with the tag. Join ts or so if you have/want to. Done, ez ^_^

Turns out that group WvW is a frustrating and unfun experience if nobody cleanses your conditions or gives you stability, that's why.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:Turns out that group WvW is a frustrating and unfun experience if nobody cleanses your conditions or gives you stability, that's why.Have you even seen the build i posted? Its very self-sustaining. Not saying that you can or should yolo in the frontline. But as long as you move with the group you should do fine. Unless the group dies obv. But that is hardly the fault of the mirage (alone)

After spending like a whole day in researches about mirage haha I ended up with this hybrid build. I believe its a pretty standard one.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAcqZlRwuYJMJmJW0P/PdA-zVRYVRH6jNcglRmpQvVgrDA-wWent for axe for cleave instead of scepter and pistol because of .. well... Idk why. xDAimed for 2000 power, 1000 condi, 2.3k. toughness, ~20k. health and 35% crit chance.

Mainly use it for small groups fighting/capping in the morning and/or after midnight when the commanders doesn't care about what players are running. I'm in a community WvW guild so in prime time I must use meta classes/builds. :)The only part I still can't figure out is the rotation but I'll learn it in time.

I ran condi. Mesmer in WvW for a long time but with condi. clears so easily spammable it was no longer viable. Then the scepter nerf REALLY killed it for me.(the dam. was good enough to be worth the 2.5sec animation that told even the newest players Exactly where you were)But Like Pyro said, necro can pump out about 8 times as much condi. and its all AOE to boot where Mesmer condi. spam is only strong in small (VERY small) fights.

One question, do you want to be a valid zerg player with condi mesmer or do you just want to tag zergs when they come to your way?

If you want the first option, I cannot help you. Maybe no one can. They ruined my dear glamour mesmer years ago. But for the second option you can try several diferent approaches with reflect, boon removals+stuns or interrupts. Gs 3-4, staff 5 etc. Even then a scourge would beat you without a mouse but still you can tag.