" Top players " were nobodies when the game had population

Skyronight.6370

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:A lot of the top players have been playing since the game came out. A lot of them were playing competitively in tournaments/rated highly on the leaderboards.

The only top player that is relatively new is Helio. Most of the others I can remember from core GW2. A lot of people's teammates quit also. So you'll see players like Eurantien or Zeromis still around but Supcutie (who was more well known) no longer plays.

Anyways, your post is full of bias. Regardless of whether or not you place quotes around "top players," you fail to acknowledge that players can be good even if they didn't play competitively back in the day. Also, I know plenty of lower tier players that also duo que and enjoy it. In fact, I'd be hard-pressed to find people in-game that actually dislike the notion of playing with friends in an MMO.

Man this post sure is full of bias the fact remains that top players, while they may have played in core even the ones you mentioned were still complete randoms. I think it’s ironic that these new players are so toxic(calling everyone randoms and stuff) that no one even wants to play with them. Fing biased and ironic if you ask me.

I'm not saying
all
of the top players were competitive back in the day but there are a good amount of them that
were
still recognized as skilled PvPers.

Also, Eurantien, Zeromis, and Supcutie were all very well-known even back in core GW2. They all played in Pro League/World Championships so the fact that you're telling me that they "were still complete randoms" means you have literally no idea what you're talking about lol

If you're talking about high-rated streamers trash talking people, it's normal. It happens in nearly every competitive game across the skill brackets. In fact, high-rated streamers are generally justified. The reason they are high-rated is because they know how to play the game better than the majority of other people. Thus, when they point out specific randoms (which is not inherently toxic, it's no different than referring to them as PUGs), they usually have good reasons to do so. Now, this is different than players in gold or below who have a weaker understanding of the game/mechanics. In other words, when a gold player starts to complain about another person, it's usually just because they're salty and want to blame someone else instead of focusing on their own gameplay.

I do know what I’m talking about players like zeromis at release time were not big, except in lol. As I remember he was only big after he learned how to play from an old player named lixion. And dude I’ve seen how toxic these guys are to everyone and no there is no reason to be toxic to some one just becuz they have weaker mechanics. I don’t understand why u would defend ppl like that, it just makes your post seem more troll...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:A lot of the top players have been playing since the game came out. A lot of them were playing competitively in tournaments/rated highly on the leaderboards.

The only top player that is relatively new is Helio. Most of the others I can remember from core GW2. A lot of people's teammates quit also. So you'll see players like Eurantien or Zeromis still around but Supcutie (who was more well known) no longer plays.

Anyways, your post is full of bias. Regardless of whether or not you place quotes around "top players," you fail to acknowledge that players can be good even if they didn't play competitively back in the day. Also, I know plenty of lower tier players that also duo que and enjoy it. In fact, I'd be hard-pressed to find people in-game that actually dislike the notion of playing with friends in an MMO.

Man this post sure is full of bias the fact remains that top players, while they may have played in core even the ones you mentioned were still complete randoms. I think it’s ironic that these new players are so toxic(calling everyone randoms and stuff) that no one even wants to play with them. Fing biased and ironic if you ask me.

I'm not saying
all
of the top players were competitive back in the day but there are a good amount of them that
were
still recognized as skilled PvPers.

Also, Eurantien, Zeromis, and Supcutie were all very well-known even back in core GW2. They all played in Pro League/World Championships so the fact that you're telling me that they "were still complete randoms" means you have literally no idea what you're talking about lol

If you're talking about high-rated streamers trash talking people, it's normal. It happens in nearly every competitive game across the skill brackets. In fact, high-rated streamers are generally justified. The reason they are high-rated is because they know how to play the game better than the majority of other people. Thus, when they point out specific randoms (which is not inherently toxic, it's no different than referring to them as PUGs), they usually have good reasons to do so. Now, this is different than players in gold or below who have a weaker understanding of the game/mechanics. In other words, when a gold player starts to complain about another person, it's usually just because they're salty and want to blame someone else instead of focusing on their own gameplay.

I do know what I’m talking about players like zeromis at release time were not big, except in lol. As I remember he was only big after he learned how to play from an old player named lixion. And dude I’ve seen how toxic these guys are to every and no there is no reason to be toxic to some one just becuz they have weaker mechanics. I don’t understand why u would defend ppl like that...

No one was big at release. However, Zeromis was someone I met very early on because he was a good player.

Like, asides from whatever you read on the forums, you probably don't know much about me from early GW2. If you remember RRR (Roaming Regen Ranger: the build that Menorah posted everywhere, made it meta, and got like 50k views on a single forum post - the most of it's time) ... he wasn't even the one who came up with it. I made the build after finding the Natural Healing regen bug within the first week after release. At the time, Menorah was my old guild leader in Grindhouse Gaming [GH]. We had dueled, I'd beaten him, and he asked me what the build was. I trusted him, gave him the build, and told him not to share it because it relied on a bugged trait. Then, Menorah ignored me, posted it, took all of the credit for it and told me it was his build because he swapped the weapons from a/t s/d to a/d s/t and ended up getting the build nerfed. So yeah, I mean I didn't play in tournaments at the time because I wasn't old enough, but I still influenced several early ranger metas pretty heavily (after RRR).

Some of the top players are toxic, but only a handful (ie. straight up insults, bannable language - these players do get banned for their offenses and I'm not defending them). On the other hand, the majority of them do complain but it's only "toxic" if the people on the receiving end can't handle constructive criticism.

RRR Forum PostRRR Ehmry Bay Forum Post

This dude literally put his name in front of everything. The thing that really pissed me off was that he refused to even acknowledge that I gave it to him when I confronted him about posting it even after I specifically told him not to because Natural Healing would get patched out very quickly. He insisted he had come up with it on his own and got a lot of positive attention (free items and gold people were sending him too as thanks) which annoyed the hell out of me because there wasn't any money in PvP at the time.

Menorah really fucking said, "Let's just put it this way: Since I posted my "regen bunker" thread on the ranger forums, I've been getting hate mail from sPvP'ers :P" in a youtube comment which I just read now and I still think he's a lying scumbag to this day.

@"Skyronight.6370" said:Anyone else can see the irony when these " top players" talk like they are so good and that duo Q system is balanced but when this game had an actual healthy population they were nobodies? They somehow only managed to become top players when 99% of the good players quit the game . Now they are abusing the duo Q system and farming silvers at 4 am and claiming that duo Qing is totally fine and healthy for the game. Find me one player in 2019 that was relevant back in 2014-16 when the game had decent amount of competitive players? yeah right not a single person was found that day, being a top player nowadays means nothing because everyone has quit, this game is just a casual meme at this point, why is the whole solo Q vs duo Qs not fixed yet? 95% of the player base is solo Q only, why would you cater to the 5% claiming to be top players and abusing the system?

These "nobodies" still achieving what you seem uncapable of doing yourself. All of these different post of Duo complains only seem like people not liking that there's a better duo than theirs getting the rating and places they want because they're just better than you

If you think that's a problem, then this will blow your mind:

There are players that have NEVER played GW2 that would have been better than the people who were top players when they were still playing!

The fact is this: the people that PLAY this game NOW who are the best ARE the top players, no matter who played in the past.

@Obtena.7952 said:If you think that's a problem, then this will blow your mind:

There are players that have NEVER played GW2 that would have been better than the people who were top players when they were still playing!

The fact is this: the people that PLAY this game NOW who are the best ARE the top players, no matter who played in the past.

No that’s argueable, because these ppl considered successful are their mostly because of streaming and yet there are hundreds in the past that based off streaming are still more successful. Like I don’t think anyone would claim Naru, a player who always struggled on engi as a top tier engi over Chaithe just because Naru beat him in an at 1 time only because he got nocked off of skyhammer at the end

@Dantheman.3589 said:

No that’s argueable, because these ppl considered successful are their mostly because of streaming and yet there are hundreds in the past that based off streaming are still more successful. Like I don’t think anyone would claim Naru, a player who always struggled on engi as a top tier engi over Chaithe just because Naru beat him in an at 1 time only because he got nocked off of skyhammer at the end

Streaming has nothing to do with how good someone is at PVP.

Anyways, the point is that the OP misses the fact that the game caters to the people that play it, not the people that DID play it. Of the current people that play it, there is a top player. How they compare to someone in the past and how that affects the game is irrelevant.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Anyways, the point is that the OP misses the fact that the game caters to the people that play it, not the people that DID play it. Of the current people that play it, there is a top player. How they compare to someone in the past and how that affects the game is irrelevant.

If streaming has nothing to with it then why isn’t jay savage winning every at- he is actually best rev NA

@Dantheman.3589 said:

If streaming has nothing to with it then why isn’t jay savage winning every at- he is actually best rev NA

I don't get what you are asking me. Being good at PVP has nothing to do with streaming.

@"Skyronight.6370" said:Anyone else can see the irony when these " top players" talk like they are so good and that duo Q system is balanced but when this game had an actual healthy population they were nobodies? They somehow only managed to become top players when 99% of the good players quit the game . Now they are abusing the duo Q system and farming silvers at 4 am and claiming that duo Qing is totally fine and healthy for the game. Find me one player in 2019 that was relevant back in 2014-16 when the game had decent amount of competitive players? yeah right not a single person was found that day, being a top player nowadays means nothing because everyone has quit, this game is just a casual meme at this point, why is the whole solo Q vs duo Qs not fixed yet? 95% of the player base is solo Q only, why would you cater to the 5% claiming to be top players and abusing the system?

Turns out not all people stick around to play the same game for nearly a decade. In other news, water is wet!

@Obtena.7952 said:

I don't get what you are asking me. Being good at PVP has nothing to do with streaming.

In some cases it doesn’t. a lot of ppl think some big streamers are bad still u can be considered top from streaming but in a somewhat dead game that won’t make u better than greats who just are confirming with the fact that the game isn’t that popular rn. Nor will it make u better than “randoms” who still farm them

@Dantheman.3589 said:

In some cases it doesn’t. a lot of ppl think some big streamers are bad still u can be considered top from streaming but in a somewhat dead game that won’t make u better than greats who just are confirming with the fact that the game isn’t that popular rn. Nor will it make u better than “randoms” who still farm them

In no case does streaming have a relationship to who is good at PVP.

@Dantheman.3589 said:

In no case does streaming have a relationship to who is good at PVP. They simply aren't related. You can have the WORST PVPer stream or not. you can have the BEST PVPER stream or not. They aren't related.

There isn't anything ironic about what the OP says. Who is the best now has nothing to do with who used to be the best before. Someone is always the best, even if they aren't as good as someone before them. He want's to make a 'thing' out of something that goes without saying. He's wanting to dismiss people who are the best now, because of who used to be the best before ... I guess he's just got an axe to grind.

when instead of fixing an actually problem, people end up in an ego contest in a dead game.jesus christ, life must suck if you seek superiority in a dead non-competitive-focused MMORPG gamei bet game devs are laughing to death when they read threads like this

seriously tho, personally im gold player at max, since i havent play this game for so long, i'm just trying to fix the game and want a better match making that's actually fun for us average players

@Obtena.7952 said:

In no case does streaming have a relationship to who is good at PVP.

But to quote you said top players are who’s top now not just who’s good. To clarify streaming is considered pvp material some ppl are even anet partnered and hence why some are considered top from streaming alone even if they half as good as random and is the reason half them are let on at winning teams

@Bazsi.2734 said:

Turns out not all people stick around to play the same game for nearly a decade. In other news, water is wet!

I mean if the game kept on track in the right direction, they would've stuck around since MMOs are those types of games you play for the long haul,. When your game mode devolves into a noncompetitive mess as it is today where dodging the competent players people is the norm for the top end, and exploiting/gaming the system becomes a acceptable way to play. it's obvious why people don't stick around for conquest.

Funny, at least on EU the situation seems to be the reverse: Certain "older" top players still have access to their accounts, while they should have gotten a perma-ban for their past "missteps" instead. Of course, that by itself speaks volumes about the current state of the game mode.

Man all these post about how “top players are better than u” and why rag on duo q when they “just better than you”> @romano.8170 said:

Just improve at the game instead of blaming teammates and top players for being blatantly better than you at the game.Alot of improvement can happen if you maintain an open mind and are open to healthy criticism. :)

@Rix.8510 said:

These "nobodies" still achieving what you seem uncapable of doing yourself. All of these different post of Duo complains only seem like people not liking that there's a better duo than theirs getting the rating and places they want because they're just better than you

You guys are clearly just as bad...