Please tell me this isn't working as intended.. 1 shot for over 40k in less than a second..

SLOTH.5231

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"SLOTH.5231" said:One shot at full HP 17kHP no time to react over 40k dmg in less than a second and don't kitten tell me it's a L2P issue. I don't mind dying but this is complete kitten.

https://ibb.co/0rnxT47

The one shot was backstab. There were 6 hits for your 40k. Likely not in 1 second but ok.

You are running a Mesmer with greatsword. A power weapon. So likely you are running fairly glassy.

So, a boosted up hit from stealth to a glassy class? Yes. It’s working as intended.

It is working as intended. Disappointing news I know. Unfortunately against some thief builds you don't have much time to react. After the first hit, assuming it doesn't kill you, you want to do something to get out of dodge. I can't really give you many tips on how to do that as a mesmer since I am not a mesmer player, but I am sure there is a way.

Also the vault skill hits pretty hard while also being an evade, so you are going to want to avoid getting hit by that. Overall, until you are pretty experienced with your class you might want to avoid matchups against thieves altogether. A lot of thieves run very cheesy builds that can disengage pretty well. I understand they aren't always avoidable, but it will probably save you from frustration just ignoring them as much as possible.

But long story short, yes, this is working as intended. Perfectly fair and balanced.

Working as intended. Thief will hit you with 6-9 skills within 0.1 of a second and claim they have muscle memory'd the skill chain- but really it's just a macro as Anet didn't bother putting cooldowns between thief skills so they can fire off as many as they have initiative for.

The easy solution would be for all skills to have an internal cooldown between casts so no class could fire off such a combination (whether by 'muscle memory' or macro), but Anet don't seem to care, and it's not just a thief problem, it's just easiest to macro on a thief.

And there are many other examples of stupidly OP damage or stupidly large amounts of condis, etc as the word 'combat' and the word 'balance' have no relation in GW2.

Its completely broken, if you manage to survive the gank hit from the perma invis thief, and you somehow manage to get attacks on them, they just invis again, heal up, and come back fresh to hit you again, while your skills are on cool down, the class is so badly broken its not even funny anymore,

The minute a thief, mesmer, ranger whatever class hits you they should have no way to run away and hide again until you are dead, or they are dead and respawn, im guessing all those shouting that its not broken, or its working as intended probably main thiefs, invis in general should just be removed from the game.

They could even make it that, when you attack someone, you become visable to them at all times until either your out of combat or you respawn out, allowing 1 class to go invis then unleash massive damage, then going invis to heal up and have all skills reset is completely unfair and broken, and shows that Anet do not know how to balance this class at all.

@Baldrick.8967 said:Working as intended. Thief will hit you with 6-9 skills within 0.1 of a second and claim they have muscle memory'd the skill chain- but really it's just a macro as Anet didn't bother putting cooldowns between thief skills so they can fire off as many as they have initiative for.

The easy solution would be for all skills to have an internal cooldown between casts so no class could fire off such a combination (whether by 'muscle memory' or macro), but Anet don't seem to care, and it's not just a thief problem, it's just easiest to macro on a thief.

And there are many other examples of stupidly OP damage or stupidly large amounts of condis, etc as the word 'combat' and the word 'balance' have no relation in GW2.

I'm sure some people use macros but some builds allow nice combos of varying cast and travel times which a macro wouldn't allow any troublshooting in. I'd like to juice up my own opener more, but I have to build to counter those kind of builds so I can recover and flip control to cover people again. I'm sitting around 20-22k health and usually a quick evade and interrupt recovers, I'm not a fan of getting hit by that opener but I'm not seeing the whole thing happen in under a second.

I'm afraid more classes than just thief have access to this sort of one shot meme potential, including your own. In fact I'd wager just looking at those numbers that if you hit that thief with your burst the damage output would be similar.

Simple consequence of the power creep that Anet refuses to act on.

After all if everything is overpowered then nothing is right?

Op isn't telling full truth.

If he claims to have only 17k hp, the backstab already got him down.

The following staff skills are the DD cleaving with Vault and Autos.

This isn't 40k damage in 1 second, this is getting 1 shot by a backstab and then getting cleaved.

Sorry op try again next time, and hopefully without a full glass build.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"SLOTH.5231" said:One shot at full HP 17kHP no time to react over 40k dmg in less than a second and don't kitten tell me it's a L2P issue. I don't mind dying but this is complete kitten.

The one shot was backstab. There were 6 hits for your 40k. Likely not in 1 second but ok.

You are running a Mesmer with greatsword. A power weapon. So likely you are running fairly glassy.

So, a boosted up hit from stealth to a glassy class? Yes. It’s working as intended.

Just because he is zerk doesnt mean any kitten dmg number is justified.

@XECOR.2814 said:

Just because he is zerk doesnt mean any kitten dmg number is justified.

well, it the structure is claimed by enemy has bloodlust and has presence of keep, has damage food and sigil bloodlust, force, and that other damage sigil based on day and night and he is glass build, well... @,...,@

@XenesisII.1540 said:Yet some classes get auto proccing defenses that negate fatal stealth damage like that, but I guess that's a-ok for them to go glass and get a free pass huh.

If you're refering to the Auto-Endure Pain on Warriors, that's not entirely true. If you take too much damage in too short a period, it doesn't actually proc and you go down. Saying that, there's only 3 classes i've ever experienced that can actually achieve this:- Thief, Ranger and Mesmer.