[FIXED] Why can't you complete Gourmet Training 100% on a second char?

Is there a reason the quest icon remains active above Seimur's head even when you have 100% completed the achievement on a second char?

I have done everything there is to do on my secondary chef (preparing all meals, doing all NPC quests again like building the oven, getting the kitchen tools, hunting, gathering seeds etc), yet Seimur insists I still had to go see the five NPC chefs in each city. I double-checked on all of them, plus the quest-related ones, and no one has anything left for me to do - they all confirm I am done.

Is there a way to conclude this so that the icon will vanish and the correct dialogue will show up?.

Edit:cnKejz7.jpg

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Achievements are account bound, not character bound.

Thanks for stating the obvious, which has zero to do with my question. ;)

I'm choosing to believe that Seimur has an icon so people can find him more easily in each home instance (because otherwise, it seems like a bug).

This is not about the achievement. =) I finished all tasks on my secondary cook, too, yet in his case Seimur still has the "unfinished quest/achievement" icon above his head, while in case of my primary cook he has not. Plus he keeps telling my secondary cook that he still had to go see the master chef NPCs, which is incorrect, because - as stated before - he completed all tasks 100% (which means there is nothing left for him to do).

Since achievements can only be done once per account (d'uh!), there should be no "open task" icon above his head anyway. So my question stands: is this a design flaw or are there means by which I can have the status quo switched to "completed" on my secondary cook as well?

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I offered you an explanation. I'm sorry it doesn't meet with your approval.

Nothing you wrote explains why things regarding Seimur's status quo are being handled differently (icon and dialogue) between the character who did the achievement and any secondary cook (who invested the same resources and effort into becoming a gourmet chef).

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I offered you an explanation. I'm sorry it doesn't meet with your approval.

Nothing you wrote explains why things regarding Seimur's status quo are being handled differently (icon
and
dialogue) between the character who did the achievement and any secondary cook (who invested the same resources and effort into becoming a gourmet chef).

Except he did answer it as good as a player can. Achievements are accound and not character specific.

Now if we assume that the progression of the cook and his dialogue is character specific and tied to completed achievements, it would make for an oversight on future characters.

The fact that you redid all the steps when they clearly were not being tracked by the game (since the achievements are already completed) simply shows you do not understand how the game and achievements work.

TL;DR: the status of the cook not updating is likely due to an interaction of character specific progression tied to account bound achievements.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Nothing you wrote explains why things regarding Seimur's status quo are being handled differently (icon
and
dialogue) between the character who did the achievement and any secondary cook (who invested the same resources and effort into becoming a gourmet chef).

Except he did answer it as good as a player can. Achievements are accound and not character specific.

Now if we assume that the progression of the cook and his dialogue is character specific and tied to completed achievements, it would make for an oversight on future characters.

The fact that you redid all the steps when they clearly were not being tracked by the game (since the achievements are already completed) simply shows you do not understand how the game and achievements work.

TL;DR: the status of the cook not updating is likely due to an interaction of character specific progression tied to account bound achievements.

Since the achievements are account bound then shouldent the outcome of said achievements show for everyone?I find it pretty bad that I dont see the finished cooking station on my alts even if they cant use it, I guess anet dident want us to have bank like feature for all charcters in our home instance.

Since the achievements are account bound then shouldent the outcome of said achievements show for everyone?I'd like it better if they did, sure. Should it be that way? dunno; not sure what ANet had planned. As long as Seimur doesn't sell ingredients, I'll be cooking at the regular crafting stations anyhow.

I find it pretty bad that I dont see the finished cooking station on my alts even if they cant use it,It's weird, yeah.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:The fact that you redid all the steps when they clearly were not being tracked by the game [...]

But they were! All the chef NPCs had said icon for my secondary cook showing above their heads until I finished preparing the three meals, then their "You are done, now go there and do that" dialogue would trigger, like the first time on my primary cook.

All the other quests/steps were tracked the same way with me interacting with the respective NPCs until I had done as they said, then the icon would vanish and they would turn back to the regular merchants we know. The only one who refuses to progress in such a way is Seimur!

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Can anyone confirm this bug?The feature is so new that I doubt any player can answer that for certain. You could post in the bug forum or create a support ticket and maybe get a response (eventually) from the support team.

These are the benefits of completing the collection that your main got:

1. Free garden plot in your home instance
  2. The free Chef's Tasting plate recipe
  3. Free Chef crafting station in your home instance
  4. 50 free cooking skill points.The collection is not required for 500 skill or required to get/use the portable composter with your alts. I know of at least 1 person who got to 500 skill without even starting the collection and the composter is account bound and usable by any character (tested that).

I've completed the collection entirely on my Asuran Necro main: 500, getting robbed blind by the thief Luron for a "stove" (talk about stupidly expensive), yadda yadda yadda the sous chef now stands in my asuran's home instance with no collection icon over him.

I also had a charr alt with chef skill 400 which I hadn't played in a bit. When I logged in on him this morning (after seeing your post) and went to his Home in the Black Citadel,

1. the garden plot was already there. Benefit #1 satisfied, but no chef station as far as I could tell.
  2. I leveled up my charr's chef skill to 425 and got the mail and free recipe. Benefit #2 satisfied
  3. Went to my Home Instance and there was the Sous Chef next to my cooking station and he took the chef's tasting plate from me. Benefit #3 satisfied. The cooking station could have been there at the same time as the garden plot, but I don't think so since the icon didn't show on my home map.
  4. The only benefit that isn't repeatable is the 50 free skill points and that should be expected.

The only bug as far as I can tell is that the Sous Chef still has the Collection icon over him in my alt's Home Instance. Maybe that goes away if my alt hits 500 but I really don't care to spend the money on leveling my alt's cooking skill.

You could open a ticket or post in the bug forum. The achievement and collection was account wide and it makes sense to be do-able only once, but the icon's presence does seem like a bug. Considering how infrequently I ever go to my home even on my main, it's one I personally could live with.

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:The only bug as far as I can tell is that the Sous Chef still has the Collection icon over him in my alt's Home Instance. Maybe that goes away if my alt hits 500 but I really don't care to spend the money on leveling my alt's cooking skill.

If you ever do, please report back to let me know whether the icon has vanished. Thanks. :)

@"EmmetOtter.8542" said:

1. The only benefit that isn't repeatable is the 50 free skill points and that should be expected.

Assuming you mean chef levels and not skill point ... you do get the +10 per racial completion if you repeat it all on a second character or at least the sylvari one still gave 10 levels.

Someone was saying that it's possible to do it again on an alt. You don't get achievements credit but you can have your alt go to the cooking stations, make the recipes, talk to the Gardener guy and do the things, and then it can get the varietal seeds to drop, talk to the other 2 guys too. But for me that extra stuff (heat stones, bloodstone bricks, etc...) was incredibly expensive.

But you do get the free 50 chef points doing it and clear the collections icon over the chef.

Not something I have done on my alt, so...

@"EmmetOtter.8542" said:Someone was saying that it's possible to do it again on an alt. You don't get credit but you can have your alt go to the cooking stations, make the recipes, talk to the Gardener guy and do the things, and then it can get the varietal seeds to drop, talk to the other 2 guys too.

I know all that, because that's exactly what I did. ;) Still doesn't help with the issue that it's marked "completed" only for your first character; everyone else will still have the open quest icon in their home instance and Seimur telling them that they need to see the racial capitals' master chefs.

• 1 year later...

@Pockethole.5031 said:I would like to get a fancy bloodstone oven on my other character, I hope anet makes it true someday.

It was fixed a long time ago, though. ;)

Now every character who does the Cooking lvl 425-500 quest chain not only gets the oven (which was the case from the beginning) but also has Seimur as a functional merchant in their home instance (i.e., said bug has been fixed where Seimur would not function properly on your other Cook characters).

I'm not sure about it being fixed. I've done the questline on one character. I cannot do the questline on another character - the Divinity Reach NPC doesn't accept the 1st part of my contributions (omnomnomberry cream, flatbread and some other thing i dont remember right now) I haven't tried talking to other NPCs but I think he should be accepting my food so I could advance forward. Or do I need to do all that in order again starting from norn? I can buy stuff from Seimur in home instance but there is no bloodstone oven (for the new cooking character).

• 1 year later...

Not entirely fixed, I think. Did all the possible steps on a 2nd character. Got the bloodstone oven, got my character's cooking to level 500... Seimur is technically a merchant. There is no one left to visit and nothing left to turn in. However, whenever I go to my home instance on that 2nd character, Seimur is displayed with a quest icon and not as a merchant (like on the 1st character).

Functionally it is not bugged, but UI-wise still kind of...unfinished.