[Feedback] Cooking 500

@Donari.5237 said:Can anyone definitively state whether only your chef that's done the achieves can get the meat and seed drops or any of your alts can? My chef is a Daredevil and not the one I run around beating things up with. I would prefer to accrue mats on any alt with whom I happen to be roaming the maps.I had varietal seeds drop on 2 other characters. The special red meat too (can't recall the exact name).

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Vavume.8065 said:

Have you tried it with a level 1 skilled cook?If it works you can just train 1 skill in cooking for all and have it in the back ground as a third unused crafting discipline on every character

No I have not tried it and I have no intention of using a ghetto work around (if it even works) this is something that should have been account bound, I will either wait until they fix it or just never make the kitchen.

@Trise.2865 said:Why would someone who isn't a cook care about a fancy kitchen?

Sorry I don't roleplay my cook or any of my characters... my home instance belongs to all my characters, if I make something for one of them then I want it for all of them, like 90% of everything else in the instance.

Fairly certain it's a bug, or at least on the guild chat they said it should be visible to all toons on the account when the question was raised.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

Have you tried it with a level 1 skilled cook?If it works you can just train 1 skill in cooking for all and have it in the back ground as a third unused crafting discipline on every character

No I have not tried it and I have no intention of using a ghetto work around (if it even works) this is something that should have been account bound, I will either wait until they fix it or just never make the kitchen.

@Trise.2865 said:Why would someone who isn't a cook care about a fancy kitchen?

Sorry I don't roleplay my cook or any of my characters... my home instance belongs to all my characters, if I make something for one of them then I want it for all of them, like 90% of everything else in the instance.

Fairly certain it's a bug, or at least on the guild chat they said it should be visible to all toons on the account when the question was raised.

It will be visible, if they raise cooking as well. 425 for basic, 500 for bloodstone

Do not like the busy work of hoping for rng seeds to have to replant the seeds every day. Not a good mechanic.

Couple of things when you plant the seeds that should be attended to:

1) There should be a check to make sure you want to remove a plant. Since ascended seeds are one and done, it would be best if there was a check since the plots are not the easiest to target or see which one you are working on.

2) I thought I had clicked on the open soil but it grabbed the growing plant, I dodged to avoid pulling up my newly planted cultivated seed but at the same time I dodged off the platform in the asura home instance, died and had to respawn. When I respawned, the seed pouch was gone. It needs to only remove the seed pouch after it has been successfully planted not when you activate it.

Overall the collection wasn't bad, did it in less than 2 hours (had 10 minutes to go on the 2 hour timer for the norn part) and it didn't seem grindy. Only complaint is the busywork aspect of having to plant the food each day. Maybe some sort of charge system that you could fill with charges so that it automatically replants after harvest as long as you have charges. An interface with the gardener NPC where you have each location listed and you just add your extra charges into the respective location (ie. like labeled shared slots (plot 1, plot 2, etc) with a spot to put in a set of the cultivated seeds.

Another (hopefully simple) confusion: I finished the Sylvari part of the collection which, as I understand it, is supposed to add some nodes to my home instance. However, I cannot find them at all - no nodes, no soil like the BL garden plot, no NPC to interact with. Is there something else I need to do or am I just stupidly missing how this is supposed to work?

@"LucianDK.8615" said:Considering you can redo the collections on alts, i think they have to do them to be eligible.

Finally someome who knows about this! Can you please take a look here and tell me whether you ran into the same problem? Thank you.

@"Kunzaito.8169" said:I finished the Sylvari part of the collection which, as I understand it, is supposed to add some nodes to my home instance. However, I cannot find them at all - no nodes, no soil like the BL garden plot, no NPC to interact with. Is there something else I need to do or am I just stupidly missing how this is supposed to work?

You need to plant the seeds yourself after you harvested their basic version (varietal seeds) in the open world, refined them as a cook, then planted that refined version in your home instance (a process you have to redo daily).

@LucianDK.8615 said:Just hearing a new thing, that may be a bug, and possibly a very much unintended one.

If you never loot the ascended seeds youve planted, and invite others. They can loot them, and the plants does not disappear.. So you can keep inviting more ppl for ascended foodstuffs for them.

Correct me if I am wrong...but if I own a garden plot. I can harvest someone else garden plot for the day. If I do that I can not harvest my own. I have to have a garden plot to harvest someone elses garden plot. Which was a way for them to make money.

This seems intended.

@Josiah.2967 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Just hearing a new thing, that may be a bug, and possibly a very much unintended one.

If you never loot the ascended seeds youve planted, and invite others. They can loot them, and the plants does not disappear.. So you can keep inviting more ppl for ascended foodstuffs for them.

Correct me if I am wrong...but if I own a garden plot. I can harvest someone else garden plot for the day. If I do that I can not harvest my own. I have to have a garden plot to harvest someone elses garden plot. Which was a way for them to make money.

This seems intended.

You misunderstood. If you harvest a friend's plot with ascended seeds, it locks you out from your own. BUT! They do not have to replant them after youve looted them, nor for anyone else looting them. And then you invite your friend to your home instance where he loots your ascended seeds, and you too dont have to replant them.

So thusly neither of you have to spend gold and effort to replant ascended seeds. If you loot your own ascended seeds, then you have to replant them.

@Ashantara.8731 said:You need to plant the seeds yourself after you harvested their basic version (varietal seeds) in the open world, refined them as a cook, then planted that refined version in your home instance (a process you have to redo daily).

Where do you plant them, though? I don't see any kind of prompt or node or NPC for it.

Edit: Nevermind. I was in the Grove and didn't know the plots were on the roof, way away from all of the other nodes. Not exactly an... ideal... location...

I just read in map chat that you can abuse this: just find a friend and loot their garden instead, while they harvest yours, and that way neither of you will have to replant any seeds.

@"Kunzaito.8169" said:Where do you plant them, though? I don't see any kind of prompt or node or NPC for it.

Garden plot(s). You get one for free during the Gourmet Training achievement.

@zengara.8301 said:Can anyone explain me if there is a difference in the stats? Looks like it is just the same, but with a bonus on karma boost, at least on one of the ascended foods that reminds me of sweet and spicy butternut squash soup?

They all have an additional effect depending on which ascended herb they use; for example the peppercorn ones give -10% incoming damage.

Question on "effective progression":I am at 441 right now and could turn in the last steps of the collection (which all give you 10 levels each), bringing me to 491. Does it make a difference for discovering 400 level food (to gain the crafting XP) to close the gap between 441 => 450 or from 491 => 500?

@"Gorani.7205" said:Question on "effective progression":I am at 441 right now and could turn in the last steps of the collection (which all give you 10 levels each), bringing me to 491. Does it make a difference for discovering 400 level food (to gain the crafting XP) to close the gap between 441 => 450 or from 491 => 500?

the gain from the collection is always 50 skill levels.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@"Gorani.7205" said:Question on "effective progression":I am at 441 right now and could turn in the last steps of the collection (which all give you 10 levels each), bringing me to 491. Does it make a difference for discovering 400 level food (to gain the crafting XP) to close the gap between 441 => 450 or from 491 => 500?

I meant, does the XP gain from Discoveries make a difference if you level from 441 to 450 or from 491 to 500?

Overall this turned out alright and making ascended food isn't so bad. It doesn't used deldrimor or spiritwood, thank goodness. Also the surprise eater was a nice extra!

However, you not being able to see the bench in your home on a non Chef character really sucks. It unlocks as a collection so its just baffling. Another glaring issue with crafting being character specific rather than an account wide thing.

@Gorani.7205 said:

@Gorani.7205 said:Question on "effective progression":I am at 441 right now and could turn in the last steps of the collection (which all give you 10 levels each), bringing me to 491. Does it make a difference for discovering 400 level food (to gain the crafting XP) to close the gap between 441 => 450 or from 491 => 500?

I meant, does the XP gain from Discoveries make a difference if you level from 441 to 450 or from 491 to 500?

No

I have never bought a garden plot before, but got one through doing the cook 500 (which was kinda fun to do btw). Looking on the GW2 wiki it says that the gardeners give you seed pouches for various "standard" seeds, but this only seems to work if you have previously bought a garden plot. I don't get the option to buy seed pouches from them.

I have planted some of the ascended seeds after making some pouches, but if that is the only option available it seems a bit of a wasted gift. Is this intentional or should I report it as a bug do you think?

@"wattsup.4193" said:I have never bought a garden plot before, but got one through doing the cook 500 (which was kinda fun to do btw). Looking on the GW2 wiki it says that the gardeners give you seed pouches for various "standard" seeds, but this only seems to work if you have previously bought a garden plot. I don't get the option to buy seed pouches from them.

I have planted some of the ascended seeds after making some pouches, but if that is the only option available it seems a bit of a wasted gift. Is this intentional or should I report it as a bug do you think?

Not bugged, theres a collection for the basic seeds.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dedicated_Gardener

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@"wattsup.4193" said:I have never bought a garden plot before, but got one through doing the cook 500 (which was kinda fun to do btw). Looking on the GW2 wiki it says that the gardeners give you seed pouches for various "standard" seeds, but this only seems to work if you have previously bought a garden plot. I don't get the option to buy seed pouches from them.

Not bugged, theres a collection for the basic seeds.

Actually can confirm that issue.Never bought a plot, don't see the collection, can't buy any seed, did not get any from gathering since I have it.So to me it looks either this sadly is a feature or its bugged.Am 500 at cooking and a gourmet.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

Not bugged, theres a collection for the basic seeds.

Actually can confirm that issue.Never bought a plot, don't see the collection, can't buy any seed, did not get any from gathering since I have it.So to me it looks either this sadly is a feature or its bugged.Am 500 at cooking and a gourmet.

The collection and ability to buy seeds is tied to you purchasing a black lion plot for the 1000 gems otherwise you can't do the collection to buy the seeds

Hmmm. Not good. Understandable, but they should communicate that better.

Question here is: If you have bought a plot with gems, can you plant standard seeds on all three, or is the third one reserved for the new stuff?