🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️ — Guild Wars 2 Forums

🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited December 10, 2019 in Necromancer

Hello fellow beloved Necromancers!

Being a nerdy GW2 player obsessed with using Necromancer for Solo Roaming in WvW, I've spent the past 6 years of my life on this unforgettable journey.
In memory, I would like to create a small graveyard in the Necro forum as a memorial for all the respectable WvW foes that I've fought, lost to and eventually overcome.
The longest one took me 5 years of losing repeatedly before finally getting a win :o

This Graveyard will be updated regularly as I add more crosses to the plot of land...
If you recognize any of them, feel free to place some flowers and write an eulogy.
Note: There are no Necromancer Roamers in this graveyard because we don't kill our own :3

Legend:
🏴‍☠️New residents for the month will be flagged.
💪💪Foes that I feel are exceptionally strong.

✝️ Crosses littering the Graveyard ✝️

~Streamers/Youtubers/Users~

  • 💪Streamer Hadi - Warrior and Berserker! (One of the strongest I've fought - knows how to kill Necros very well)
  • 💪Streamer Wilson Storm - Berserker! (Beat him once after multiple tries)
  • 💪Streamer Gladomer - Warrior, Ranger and Druid! (My fave foe to fight during vanilla GW2, always a challenge)
  • Streamer Kirito Emperor Azuro - Dragonhunter!
  • Streamer Aria on the Planetes (IA) - Chrono!
  • Streamer Strachii - Mirage!
  • Streamer Souls - Holosmith!
  • 💪💪Youtuber Donnie - Druid!
  • 💪Youtuber Kiritsugu - Druid!
  • 💪Youtuber Aikijinx - Deadeye! (The stars aligned that day and I managed to win 1 out of 3 fights on my Power Reaper)
  • 💪💪User Darckwind - 🏴‍☠️Dragonhunter! (1 win for me after like 10 tries...he looks so familiar I think he is the top DH I fought during HOT!)
  • 💪💪User Shamanlord - Soulbeast and 🏴‍☠️Scrapper! (One of the strongest Boonbeast I fought)
  • 💪💪User No Challenge - Herald! (Was a smurf account but one of the strongest technically adept Herald I faced)
  • 💪💪User Legend - Soulbeast! (Was a smurf account but one of the strongest technically adept Soulbeast I faced)
  • 💪💪User Tintin - Engineer!
  • User Onifrix - Soulbeast!
  • User Kiss - Dragonhunter!
  • User Devilman - Mirage!
  • User Nikelaus - Deadeye and Soulbeast!
  • User Moutzaheadin - Mirage!
  • User Alveen - Renegade!
  • User Moon - Scrapper!
  • User Knite - Holosmith!
  • User Danilo - Soulbeast!
  • And many more!

~Guilds~

  • 💪💪💪Eternal Vigil (EV) - Soulbeast and Mirage! (I managed to beat this Mesmer once after 5 years of trying :3 )
  • 💪💪Killing as Organized Sport (KAOS) - Weaver!
  • 💪💪The/Tha Rubberduckies (QUAK) - Deadeye, Herald and Mirage! (never managed to beat their Warrior - too strong)
  • 💪💪Dark Cloud (DC) - Daredevil (best in NA)!
  • 💪💪Ferocious Arsenal of Resolve (FEAR) - Warrior and Thief! (one of the strongest guilds I fought, extremely tough)
  • 💪💪Lots of Serious Excuses (LOSE) - 🏴‍☠️Thief!
  • 💪Dionysian Rights (RITE) - Chrono, Weaver, Tempest and Druid! (Very strong Multi-Classer)
  • 💪I Will Make You (QQ) - Warrior, Berserker, Mesmer, Chrono and Mirage!
  • 💪Happy Children Meal (HCM) - Druid, Herald and Daredevil! (never managed to beat their Dragonhunter - too strong)
  • 💪Get the Bleach / Im Not A Star Somebody Lied (KYS) - Daredevil and Soulbeast!
  • 💪Over Powered People (OPP) - Ranger, Druid, Warrior, Mesmer, Elementalist and Spellbreaker!
  • 💪Black Lion Hunters (HUNT) - Mesmer!
  • 💪Shatter Incorporated (SI) - Mesmer and Chrono!
  • 💪Team Liquor / Skittles / Liquid (TS/TL) - 🏴‍☠️Deadeye and 🏴‍☠️Soulbeast!
  • Combat Application Group (CAG) - Holosmith, Herald and Dragonhunter!
  • I Love You / Love Ya (XOXO) - Thief, Daredevil, Mesmer, Mirage!
  • Ruthless Gaming (RG) - Warrior and Berserker!
  • It's Nothing Personal (Love) - Herald and Thief!
  • Violent Tendency (vT) - Holosmith, Spellbreaker and Mirage!
  • Ninja Tactics (OP) - Weaver!
  • Redrum X Murder (RDRM) - Dragonhunter, Warrior and Deadeye!
  • Echo Zulu Papa Kila (EZPK) - Holosmith!
  • Progeniem of Primordus (KGB) - Mirage!
  • The Praetorians (PRAE) - Soulbeast, Spellbreaker, Daredevil and Druid!
  • Demons of the Mysts (DOM) - Guardian!
  • We love you (BEN) - Weaver!
  • Sweater Weather (SWAG) - Daredevil!
  • Hairless Kitties Riding Duckies (JOY) - Tempest and Daredevil!
  • Retired (RE) - Firebrand!
  • Venator Phalanx (VP) - Berserker!
  • Envy (ENVY) - Daredevil!
  • Crusaders of the Asia Pacific (ASIA) - Mesmer!
  • Jedi Covenant (JEDI) - Daredevil!
  • Predatory Instinct (HUNT) - Soulbeast and Herald!
  • Brotherhood of Zetara (BOZ) - Mesmer!
  • Decepticon Defiance (DCON) - Chrono!
  • Glorious Dapper (CAPS/HATS) - Guardian, Elementalist, Thief and Ranger!
  • Silent Veil (SV) - Daredevil!
  • Diplomatic Dictators (DD) - Daredevil!
  • Bad Vibes (Bad) - 🏴‍☠️Deadeye!
  • Knights of the Temple (KNT) - Guardian!
  • I swear I am a hot gamer (GURL) - Soulbeast!
  • My very own shinies (NvUs) - Deadeye!
  • Riot Gaming (RIOT) - Warrior and Guardian!
  • I am Gonna (AFK) - Dragonhunter!
  • Verdant Shield (VS) - Dragonhunter!
  • Wyldstallyns (WS) - Tempest!
  • Iron Tribe (IRON) - Ranger!
  • Rosen Ritters (RR) - Mirage and Soulbeast!
  • Eye of Janthir (XIII) - Chrono!
  • Never Die (ND) - Daredevil and Spellbreaker!
  • Undodgeable (Hit) - Daredevil!
  • The Crimson Mercenaries (CM) - Mesmer!
  • Strategic Suicide (SS) - Scrapper and Dragonhunter!
  • Gggg Beahces (PPPP) - Tempest!
  • Soultion (Sxy) - Druid!
  • Roll Init (RNG) - Guardian and Thief!
  • All I do is two two two two two (TWO) - Thief!
  • Procrastination Nation (UHOH) - Elementalist!
  • Deadly Proximity (PRX) - Weaver and 🏴‍☠️Mirage!
  • Sinless Dictators (SIN) - Thief and Holosmith!
  • You are bad and you should feel bad (Bad) - Herald!
  • Nightmare Legacy (Lgnd) - Herald!
  • Don't be a scrub (PLS) - Weaver!
  • Sarcasm For Hire (SFH) - Deadeye!
  • Cow Donkey Assassins (YAKS) - Mirage!
  • Witches (coVn) - Warrior!
  • Always de (Sync) - Thief!
  • Do Every Xtreme (DEX) - Dragonhunter!
  • The Symphonic Scream (SYMF) - Weaver!
  • Noobcakes with Pwnsauce (YUM) - Holosmith!
  • Extra Bussy (eB) - Mirage!
  • Sneaky Ninjas (SNKY) - Holosmith!
  • C A O S (CAOS) - Soulbeast, Herald and 🏴‍☠️Weaver!
  • Sugar Hill Gang (SHG) - Herald! (Nov)
  • Dull Egoistical Raiding Party (D E R P) - Daredevil!
  • Don't make me bring my (MAIN) - Daredevil!
  • Nomades Z (NMDZ) - Berserker!
  • Piernon Grande (PG) - 🏴‍☠️Druid!
  • Problematic (Pro) - 🏴‍☠️Firebrand!
  • And many more!

~Others/Guild-less but no less skillful~

  • 💪💪BG server Soulbeast (strongest SB I fought, 1 win after 10 tries, shame I forgot your name),
  • 💪💪 FA server Pistol whip Thief (my 1st win after many tries against a top pistol whip thief),
  • And many more!

🖤 Compilation of some of the fights 🖤

🖤 My win against the EV guild Mirage after 5 years of trying 🖤

Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

Comments

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 13, 2019

    Under the cold-blue moonlight, a hooded figure could be seen erecting a new cross in the icy graveyard.
    A flint danced and flickered in its skeletal hand as a name was carved agonizingly onto the cross.
    And as the final strokes land, revealing the newest resident as a LB/GS Soulbeast, the other crosses in the graveyard rumbled approvingly.
    Welcome, to Eremite's Graveyard.

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • Zexanima.7851Zexanima.7851 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Keep up the good work! Just started learning necro myself and was kind of unsure about it. This gave me some hope.

    Depression and anxiety are the worst...

  • JusticeRetroHunter.7684JusticeRetroHunter.7684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2019

    Friendly Power Reaper here. Wonder if we’ve fought yet ;)

    Usto be on Henge of Denravi, now I’m on Sorrows Furnace (linked with Henge of Denravi)

    Hope to battle some day

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:
    Friendly Power Reaper here. Wonder if we’ve fought yet ;)

    Usto be on Henge of Denravi, now I’m on Sorrows Furnace (linked with Henge of Denravi)

    Hope to battle some day

    Respectfully declined because I really don't like fighting Necros XD
    They are the only class I've never analysed how to duel against.
    If I end up in an unfortunate fight against a fellow Necro, I'm happy if either of us won.
    I rarely interrupt a solo enemy Necro's fight too and cheer for them when they win.
    We are all brothers! <3

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:

    @JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:
    Friendly Power Reaper here. Wonder if we’ve fought yet ;)

    Usto be on Henge of Denravi, now I’m on Sorrows Furnace (linked with Henge of Denravi)

    Hope to battle some day

    Respectfully declined because I really don't like fighting Necros XD
    They are the only class I've never analysed how to duel against.
    If I end up in an unfortunate fight against a fellow Necro, I'm happy if either of us won.
    I rarely interrupt a solo enemy Necro's fight too and cheer for them when they win.
    We are all brothers! <3

    But what if a enemy necro fights a friendly necro, shouldn't I be helping the friendly necro?
    XD

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:

    @JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:
    Friendly Power Reaper here. Wonder if we’ve fought yet ;)

    Usto be on Henge of Denravi, now I’m on Sorrows Furnace (linked with Henge of Denravi)

    Hope to battle some day

    Respectfully declined because I really don't like fighting Necros XD
    They are the only class I've never analysed how to duel against.
    If I end up in an unfortunate fight against a fellow Necro, I'm happy if either of us won.
    I rarely interrupt a solo enemy Necro's fight too and cheer for them when they win.
    We are all brothers! <3

    But what if a enemy necro fights a friendly necro, shouldn't I be helping the friendly necro?
    XD

    Good question lol.
    Thankfully I don't think I ever encountered such a situation 🤔

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2019

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:

    @JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:
    Friendly Power Reaper here. Wonder if we’ve fought yet ;)

    Usto be on Henge of Denravi, now I’m on Sorrows Furnace (linked with Henge of Denravi)

    Hope to battle some day

    Respectfully declined because I really don't like fighting Necros XD
    They are the only class I've never analysed how to duel against.
    If I end up in an unfortunate fight against a fellow Necro, I'm happy if either of us won.
    I rarely interrupt a solo enemy Necro's fight too and cheer for them when they win.
    We are all brothers! <3

    But what if a enemy necro fights a friendly necro, shouldn't I be helping the friendly necro?
    XD

    Good question lol.
    Thankfully I don't think I ever encountered such a situation 🤔

    Maybe writing a message to a GM then, asking to make them both invulnerable. Then they can't kill each other anymore :grimace:

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:

    @JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:
    Friendly Power Reaper here. Wonder if we’ve fought yet ;)

    Usto be on Henge of Denravi, now I’m on Sorrows Furnace (linked with Henge of Denravi)

    Hope to battle some day

    Respectfully declined because I really don't like fighting Necros XD
    They are the only class I've never analysed how to duel against.
    If I end up in an unfortunate fight against a fellow Necro, I'm happy if either of us won.
    I rarely interrupt a solo enemy Necro's fight too and cheer for them when they win.
    We are all brothers! <3

    But what if a enemy necro fights a friendly necro, shouldn't I be helping the friendly necro?
    XD

    Good question lol.
    Thankfully I don't think I ever encountered such a situation 🤔

    Maybe writing a message to a GM then, asking to make them both invulnerable. Then they can't kill each other anymore :grimace:

    Back then it was a needless worry because solo necro roamers were so rare it almost never occured that you would find 3 solo necro roamers encountering each other at the same time XD
    The mount sure has changed things though. Been seeing an increasing number of necro/reaper/scourge solo roamers.

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • Bezerker.2379Bezerker.2379 Member ✭✭✭

    There are several of us [love] thieves. Wonder which of us it was. :) Probbaly Grubby. It's always Grubby. :)

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 7, 2019

    Updated main post for the month of June.

    Legend:
    🏴‍☠️New residents for the month will be flagged.
    💪💪Foes that I feel are exceptionally strong.

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • Fatherbliss.4701Fatherbliss.4701 Member ✭✭✭

    Great thread as always! I recognize many worth foes in that list. :)

    Guild leader for Goats of Thunder. No pants allowed.

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Updated main post for the month of July.

    Legend:
    🏴‍☠️New residents for the month will be flagged.
    💪💪Foes that I feel are exceptionally strong.

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Updated main post for the month of August.

    Legend:
    🏴‍☠️New residents for the month will be flagged.
    💪💪Foes that I feel are exceptionally strong.

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • XECOR.2814XECOR.2814 Member ✭✭✭

    Btw i shared the boon reaper hybrid build with you some time ago. I would love to see a compilation of you roaming on that. <3

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2, 2019

    @XECOR.2814 said:
    Btw i shared the boon reaper hybrid build with you some time ago. I would love to see a compilation of you roaming on that. <3

    I rarely record fights these days but I did happen to record some back when I first tried the build because it was so awesome.
    Only got a few small scale clips though...but I can say that it has been a blast using it for almost every type of encounter in WvW.
    It is still my most used build for the past month 💕
    I don't think my skills did justice to your build but here it is XD

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Does anyone remember the name of the FEAR guild that was very strong roaming a couple of years ago?
    I cant remember if its Fear Us Respect Us [FEAR] or Ferocious Arsenal of Resolve [FEAR] :'(

    Updated main post for the month of September.
    Unfortunately I think my roaming days are numbered! Just a couple of new wins XD

    Legend:
    🏴‍☠️New residents for the month will be flagged.
    💪💪Foes that I feel are exceptionally strong.

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • SpellOfIniquity.1780SpellOfIniquity.1780 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2019

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    Does anyone remember the name of the FEAR guild that was very strong roaming a couple of years ago?
    I cant remember if its Fear Us Respect Us [FEAR] or Ferocious Arsenal of Resolve [FEAR] :'(

    Updated main post for the month of September.
    Unfortunately I think my roaming days are numbered! Just a couple of new wins XD

    Legend:
    🏴‍☠️New residents for the month will be flagged.
    💪💪Foes that I feel are exceptionally strong.

    Ferocious Arsenal of Resolve [FEAR] is probably the one you're thinking of. Min Scherzo and Kronos were both in that guild as well as a number of other extremely good Thieves. Most of them were Thief mains, but I do believe there were some very good Ranger and Engineers in there as well.

    I saw a couple of them a few months back but I'm pretty sure the guild is mostly dead.

    Ñecromancy [YWY] | Maguuma/Anvil Rock | Diamond Legend

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    Does anyone remember the name of the FEAR guild that was very strong roaming a couple of years ago?
    I cant remember if its Fear Us Respect Us [FEAR] or Ferocious Arsenal of Resolve [FEAR] :'(

    Updated main post for the month of September.
    Unfortunately I think my roaming days are numbered! Just a couple of new wins XD

    Legend:
    🏴‍☠️New residents for the month will be flagged.
    💪💪Foes that I feel are exceptionally strong.

    Ferocious Arsenal of Resolve [FEAR] is probably the one you're thinking of. Min Scherzo and Kronos were both in that guild as well as a number of other extremely good Thieves. Most of them were Thief mains, but I do believe there were some very good Ranger and Engineers in there as well.

    I saw a couple of them a few months back but I'm pretty sure the guild is mostly dead.

    Thanks!
    I remember beating one of their female core thief with blond hair tied up in something like a bun and pure black clothes with a scarf around the neck.
    But that was years ago XD

    Don't think I saw them around anymore.
    I did see another FEAR guild running around though (Fear us Respect us) but they were relatively weaker which surprised me as I had thought they were the strong roaming guild.

    Which server did you see them on?

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Updated main post for the month of October/November.
    Surprisingly managed to scrap wins against a few old time roaming guilds like QQ & Quak (although I strongly felt that Quak Mirage lost to me on purpose out of pity after thrashing me over a few rounds).
    Also stole a win off a popular streamer who was, I think, testing a new class XD

    Legend:
    🏴‍☠️New residents for the month will be flagged.
    💪💪Foes that I feel are exceptionally strong.

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • Blood.5607Blood.5607 Member ✭✭✭

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    Updated main post for the month of October/November.
    Surprisingly managed to scrap wins against a few old time roaming guilds like QQ & Quak (although I strongly felt that Quak Mirage lost to me on purpose out of pity after thrashing me over a few rounds).
    Also stole a win off a popular streamer who was, I think, testing a new class XD

    Legend:
    🏴‍☠️New residents for the month will be flagged.
    💪💪Foes that I feel are exceptionally strong.

    Hello! Souls here and I believe one of the people you did catch on a test class I was streaming that particular day (Holosmith) haha, nice list though! Perhaps i'll come across you on something more challenging :P keep up the good work!

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Blood.5607 said:

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:
    Updated main post for the month of October/November.
    Surprisingly managed to scrap wins against a few old time roaming guilds like QQ & Quak (although I strongly felt that Quak Mirage lost to me on purpose out of pity after thrashing me over a few rounds).
    Also stole a win off a popular streamer who was, I think, testing a new class XD

    Legend:
    🏴‍☠️New residents for the month will be flagged.
    💪💪Foes that I feel are exceptionally strong.

    Hello! Souls here and I believe one of the people you did catch on a test class I was streaming that particular day (Holosmith) haha, nice list though! Perhaps i'll come across you on something more challenging :P keep up the good work!

    Hello thanks for the post.
    I did recall your main was a Revenant class so was surprised to see you on holo that day haha.

    And I finally managed to add KAOS to my list! =)
    I was feeling quite sad about excluding them from the list because they are easily one of the top guilds around.
    Never gotten any wins against any of their members until recently in the Armistice Bastion when I got to duel one of them.

    Love the Armistice Bastion. Makes it easy to find good duelers =D

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ

  • Ruufio.1496Ruufio.1496 Member ✭✭✭

    You play necro exactly how I used to play it (although I abandoned it shortly after HoT from being pewpewd by too many longbow rangers). Thought I was the only one who liked the axe/dagger combination. Everything from taking fear wall because it's underrated and actually incredibly good (cough thieves) to blasting it with staff 4. I used to have a video of me playing in a playstyle such as this against an ele pre HoT where he was doing churning earth > lightning flash and since I was in spectral walk I teleported back avoiding it - was hilarious to see. The only thing I ever really did differently was using hydromancy sigil on staff which also helped clear blind for the fear mark.

    I think the conclusion that I came to at the time was never use reaper shroud unless the ranger is swapped to longbow (for the stab and skill 2) however I'm not sure how well that works nowadays with melee weapons like greatsword being so strong as well. Warrior always gave me problems on necro. The old berserker stance was like... "necro runs for his life stance". I'm sure the matchup is even harder today.

    Nice videos, I wasn't expecting a good necro (like leaving marks on thief shadow return)

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ruufio.1496 said:
    You play necro exactly how I used to play it (although I abandoned it shortly after HoT from being pewpewd by too many longbow rangers). Thought I was the only one who liked the axe/dagger combination. Everything from taking fear wall because it's underrated and actually incredibly good (cough thieves) to blasting it with staff 4. I used to have a video of me playing in a playstyle such as this against an ele pre HoT where he was doing churning earth > lightning flash and since I was in spectral walk I teleported back avoiding it - was hilarious to see. The only thing I ever really did differently was using hydromancy sigil on staff which also helped clear blind for the fear mark.

    I think the conclusion that I came to at the time was never use reaper shroud unless the ranger is swapped to longbow (for the stab and skill 2) however I'm not sure how well that works nowadays with melee weapons like greatsword being so strong as well. Warrior always gave me problems on necro. The old berserker stance was like... "necro runs for his life stance". I'm sure the matchup is even harder today.

    Nice videos, I wasn't expecting a good necro (like leaving marks on thief shadow return)

    Thanks!
    What class do you main now?

    And yes you’re right. I’ve been having a lot of trouble fighting core warriors.
    Part of our necro defence uses shroud to tank damage but their Adrenal health healing procs whenever they land a burst so it needs to be dodged, not tanked.
    I’ve been trying to practice a little with pre-casting spectral walk and some wurm jukes after seeing @Helly.2597 do it on a Scourge but the timing to evade their burst is hard.

    Especially a core warrior I fought earlier used longbow! Can’t prevent his AH healing burst because it triggers regardless of hitting anything. The only way to stop it is to reflect or block the burst projectile I think. And after giving it some thought, I think I can try corrosive poison cloud against such warriors in future.

    Otherwise they just keep healing to no end 😅

    Visit 🏴‍☠️ Eremite's WvW Necromancy Graveyard 🏴‍☠️

    CD -> TC -> Mag -> GOM -> AR -> JQ