" Top players " were nobodies when the game had population

Skyronight.6370

If any “top player” recently tells me I’m bad I just sit back and relax knowing I’m good. For example how naru was considered a terrible thief while at release I was considered one of the only thief’s in wvws. Just cuz your top in the bottom 1% of a dying game doesn’t mean you will ever be good

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@pukish.5784 said:@Dantheman.3589You're not even top 100 in previous season.

I didn’t even play last season? The only thing I did was like the first 15 to get on board and when I got on board I was at rank 7 all done solo q on thief which at the time everyone said was an unplayable class...If u want maybe I can find my snippits of placing multiple times in plat3-legend... though I don’t see the point because I even streamed myself doing this for example I was the first person to realize reaper was op and I was the highest rated necro NA and possibly highest rated reaper in the world all also done solo q even when duo q was available and everyone thought that spec was unplayable

@Yannir.4132 said:

@Ryan.9387 said:If you arent pushing p3 solo queue, then you being duo queue is no problem.

Easiest fix is just limit duo queue to everyone under p3 (NA). The most competitive solo queue players hit that rank solo, so you'll have fair competition for the high ranks.

So punishing people for playing well is a good idea to you?

Pretty sure the intention behind the suggestion was to limit the 1800 duo farming against Gold 1 or lower players. That stuff really is driving players away from sticking around long enough to even get a grasp on learning the game mode.

Things are different nowadays with lower population. We all play in the legendary division now.

@"Dantheman.3589" said:If any “top player” recently tells me I’m bad I just sit back and relax knowing I’m good. For example how naru was considered a terrible thief while at release I was considered one of the only thief’s in wvws. Just cuz your top in the bottom 1% of a dying game doesn’t mean you will ever be good

That might have been for your server...

My server had Bandito (the fireworks thief), kit kit kit kat that was known to play DD and 1v9 AND WIN then rez our pathetic group, then there was Mango (Second Child) who was the IOJ weaponless thief that could 1v2.

I got videos and could claim that I was the original roaming Ranger with my trusty sword/axe and brown bear winning 1v3 or what ever.

• Sparkles and Rainbows.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Pretty sure the intention behind the suggestion was to limit the 1800 duo farming against Gold 1 or lower players. That stuff really is driving players away from sticking around long enough to even get a grasp on learning the game mode.

Things are different nowadays with lower population. We all play in the legendary division now.

I think it would be better if the matchmaker was limited in how big the rating difference between the highest and lowest player in the match is so it doesn't scale down infinitely. Hard to pinpoint an exact rating number for this without data but I think it could between 200 and 300.

The following would happen:

A. It would limit legendary duos queueing at off-peak hours for easy rating. Rating cap would prevent them from farming gold ranks.B. Standard of matchmaking is higher, and everyone is happier with the games they get. Not everyone every time obviously.C. Queue times may get longer. But if that means 2-3 minute queues turning into 5-6 min queues but the games are better, I don't think most people would mind.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:If any “top player” recently tells me I’m bad I just sit back and relax knowing I’m good. For example how naru was considered a terrible thief while at release I was considered one of the only thief’s in wvws. Just cuz your top in the bottom 1% of a dying game doesn’t mean you will ever be good

Nop. My point is that we were the top roamers on blackgate the undisputed #1 server and entirely because my guild took castle many times that eventually we farmed every tier 1 server to their spawn camp. There may have been some good thief’s but me with my sw/d still have a place with the tippy top

@Dantheman.3589 said:Nop. My point is that we were the top roamers on blackgate the undisputed #1 server and entirely because my guild took castle many times that eventually we farmed every tier 1 server to their spawn camp. There may have been some good thief’s but me with my sw/d still have a place with the tippy top

It's a shame NA and EU never went head to head on the WvW side of the game. Would've been interesting to see how Blackgate, undisputed in NA, measures up vs the top EU servers.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:Nop. My point is that we were the top roamers on blackgate the undisputed #1 server and entirely because my guild took castle many times that eventually we farmed every tier 1 server to their spawn camp. There may have been some good thief’s but me with my sw/d still have a place with the tippy top

It's a shame NA and EU never went head to head on the WvW side of the game. Would've been interesting to see how Blackgate, undisputed in NA, measures up vs the top EU servers.

You both understand that success of WvW servers is entirely based on population and coverage, and has basically no correlation with skill right? Nevermind the fact that NA and EU have different prime-times, and would therefore never face each other at full strength.

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:If any “top player” recently tells me I’m bad I just sit back and relax knowing I’m good. For example how naru was considered a terrible thief while at release I was considered one of the only thief’s in wvws. Just cuz your top in the bottom 1% of a dying game doesn’t mean you will ever be good

Nop. My point is that we were the top roamers on blackgate the undisputed #1 server and entirely because my guild took castle many times that eventually we farmed every tier 1 server to their spawn camp. There may have been some good thief’s but me with my sw/d still have a place with the tippy top

exactly, just your server... You were the "top" for blackgate or tier 1.

• Edit: Sparkles and Rainbows.

@Yannir.4132 said:

Redguard transferred over one week and destroyed everyone in na.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"Dantheman.3589" said:If any “top player” recently tells me I’m bad I just sit back and relax knowing I’m good. For example how naru was considered a terrible thief while at release I was considered one of the only thief’s in wvws. Just cuz your top in the bottom 1% of a dying game doesn’t mean you will ever be good

My server had Bandito (the fireworks thief), kit kit kit kat that was known to play DD and 1v9 AND WIN then rez our pathetic group, then there was Mango (Second Child) who was the IOJ weaponless thief that could 1v2.

I got videos and could claim that I was the original roaming Ranger with my trusty sword/axe and brown bear winning 1v3 or what ever.
  • Sparkles and Rainbows.

O dude I didn’t see your video at first Gratz on ranger stuff

@Dantheman.3589 said:

I didn’t even play last season? The only thing I did was like the first 15 to get on board and when I got on board I was at rank 7 all done solo q on thief which at the time everyone said was an unplayable class...If u want maybe I can find my snippits of placing multiple times in plat3-legend... though I don’t see the point because I even streamed myself doing this for example I was the first person to realize reaper was op and I was the highest rated necro NA and possibly highest rated reaper in the world all also done solo q even when duo q was available and everyone thought that spec was unplayable

@pukish.5784 said:@Dantheman.3589Fellow Quaggan,Stop living in the past.

I’m not living in the past, what u said was just wrong. So I quoted previous achievements and stream material while at the same time made my point... where as I still don’t see any point that your making

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Yeah but your arguement is kind of one of the reason I was considered one of the only thief’s. Thief was great at startup but like u pointed the only relevant thief were good at 1v1ing and that was why no one played thief in wvw. What was different about me was I was successful in wvw as a whole with my sw/d. The only thing that really makes a difference in wvw is zergs where 1v1 specs aren’t as good. So even if I only played on blackgate I was probably the biggest of the thief, like I said I was only thief there and because of our big plays we farmed every other server at spawn and hence why I have proof of being a “top player” even at startup...

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Yeah but your arguement is kind of one of the reason I was considered one of the only thief’s. Thief was great at startup but like u pointed the only relevant thief were good at 1v1ing and that was why no one played thief in wvw. What was different about me was I was successful in wvw as a whole with my sw/d. The only thing that really makes a difference in wvw is zergs where 1v1 specs aren’t as good. So even if I only played on blackgate I was probably the biggest of the thief, like I said I was only thief there and because of our big plays we farmed every other server at spawn and hence why I have proof of being a “top player” even at startup...

And if what u want is stream proof well I’m not gonna post a montage video but I’ll quote popular streams - like “Dantheman was the best looking player in the game [at release]” - Noscoc

@DoritoGod.5817 said:team usa is as good (and technically better) than Abjured ever was

How are they better they only won against them once when both chaithe and magic toker were playing huge meme builds and still only won when chaithe got knocked off hammer? Pretty much every member of a abjured was way more successful then team USA and still are considered so in addition to holding a bunch of world titles. Team USA isn’t even close at all.. also it’s fair to point out original team USA was way worse then abjured they even lost to AL lol. Not even close

@Eurantien.4632 said:

@DoritoGod.5817 said:team usa is as good (and technically better) than Abjured ever was

This is probably very accurate.

How are they better they only won against them once when both chaithe and magic toker were playing huge meme builds and still only won when chaithe got knocked off hammer? Pretty much every member of a abjured was way more successful then team USA and still are considered so in addition to holding a bunch of world titles. Team USA isn’t even close at all.. also it’s fair to point out original team USA was way worse then abjured they even lost to AL lol. Not even close

This is probably very accurate.

How is this accurate even power rankings put them lower- “nos 95 and reckless 70”

I also recall team USA has at least half a dozen players at the plat 1 skill lvl. I even remember qing 250 elo higher then they duo qed when I was playing a meme power scourge(1745 elo) while they duo q with op meta builds with legend players like naru. Team USA seems to be meme though a good 1

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@"DoritoGod.5817" said:team usa is as good (and technically better) than Abjured ever was

Lmao I was literally in that game and neither team was "USA" then