500 Chef cooking station not in all home instances.

I'm not sure if it is bugged or intended, but for me the upgraded cooking station only appears in the home instance of the character I leveled to 500 on. For the ammount of gold I dumped into this I was hoping you would get it in all home instances. My main toon had other proffesions maxed out so I did it on a toon that had 400 already. And since I'm a hoarder and completionist I was hoping I could fully max out my home instance with this.

Can Anet confirm is this is intended or bugged?

• Like 1

Why should be on all characters? it's a discipline, like any other it's bound to that character. I don't know if I'll do 500 cooking on another but would be a shame imo if they made this account bound. To me that's like saying, "why isn't my new character level 80 when I lvl'd my first character already?"

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

@"Jwake.7013" said:Why should be on all characters? it's a discipline, like any other it's bound to that character. I don't know if I'll do 500 cooking on another but would be a shame imo if they made this account bound. To me that's like saying, "why isn't my new character level 80 when I lvl'd my first character already?"

Not talking about the discipline but the reward in home instance that gives a kitchen tied to an achievement. ( all characters should see it no matter if they got chef or not.)Would you like unlock for example the krait hero point, the heart of thorns chests, the christmas tree, the lost bandit chest on every character aswell?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

At least in the Dreamer's Terrace things are getting a little cramped in that ante-room. I loved that they expanded the home to let you take the footpath all the way around without leaving the space, but now I think it needs to grow a little more. Perhaps the training area could move outside the living space and give that open air area to the new Cooking Station? A giant Norn that barely fits under the ramps and the Cooking Station take up an awful lot of room.

The Bloodstone Soup cats could move over adjacent to the new stove too and keep that noxious brew away from the clinic.

As a side note, the NPC chatter is about 75% of one Sylvari saying "Uh uh, not" to another. I wouldn't expect so much negativity from such a young vivacious race!

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Jwake.7013" said:Why should be on all characters? it's a discipline, like any other it's bound to that character. I don't know if I'll do 500 cooking on another but would be a shame imo if they made this account bound. To me that's like saying, "why isn't my new character level 80 when I lvl'd my first character already?"

Not talking about the discipline but the reward in home instance that gives a kitchen tied to an achievement. ( all characters should see it no matter if they got chef or not.)Would you like unlock for example the krait hero point, the heart of thorns chests, the christmas tree, the lost bandit chest on every character aswell?

The 'reward' while can be seen as such is actually part of cooking 500 and not a reward that you get after it for completing the collection. If your complaint is that it should have been tied as a reward for that first time completion of the collection and not to cooking 500 it's self then I'm more understanding.

As for do I think it should have been; well it would have been nice for sure, but still see no problem with how it's been done either.

Well, you can access the bank from it which is nice because I absolutely hate using anything in crowded areas due to my anxiety and paranoia spiking up immensively that I get panic attacks (I always use the scribe station in the guild hall for bank access for example) and having a "private" space would be nice. I hope that maybe in the future we'll also unlock the other crafting stations in our homes as well. It would give the home instance some more progression and feel more like housing which Anet was actually going for with home instances. However I still hope that we'll get a "real" house later with maybe the same system like a mini guild hall (without guild bank, storage etc. of course). I have some ideas of what to put into such a housing feature but let's not drive away the focus from the thread.I would welcome the station being visible accountwide. You didn't spend all the expensive materials for the collection for nothing.

I, too, would like to see the cooking station accessible in characters who aren't chefs. Just like other crafting stations, a non-chef wouldn't be able to work at it of course, just use the bank access feature.

As for why I'd like to see this happen, it's just that having bank access inside my home instance made me happy to go in there for the first time in a while. Of course I visit as often as I remember to harvest the nodes that I've unlocked in there, but it was always just another chore to check off the list. Since I'm often using the mistlock pass (or another one) just to empty my bags into my bank, the home instance cooking station actually gave me a reason to choose the home instance over the other places for a change. Would be nice to extend that utility/good feelings to my other characters as well.

• Like 1

They never did say the oven was in all home instances only that Sous-Chef Seimur Oxbone was, though the meaning was that that would be for chef 425 characters NOT all characters. It was inferred by us and would rightly so be A W E S O M E! Admittedly it is listed in the achievement panel as something other than a Grandmaster Chef and so appears to be more of an account unlocking achievement we are used to.

Though to be honest this one is a little tricky. It fits into multiple categories, account unlock, Discipline unlock/progression, home instance & party rules can all apply to it. There is the account achievements that are normally "Account Bound" and that did unlock a tool & garden box usable by other characters, so why not the oven also?.
There is the discipline that allows for crafting ascended items, agreed they should be soulbound to the one that unlocks it, and gated, like crafting currently is.Then there is the Garden Plot Deed, unlocked for your account home instance, so why don't other home instance rules apply? (example IF another player has unlocked the same feature why can't they farm your instance and have it removed from theirs as with other home instance items? Like it currently is)

I can see why the oven is tied to the chef that unlocked it given they are the only ones on your account that can craft ascended seeds. It means the 500 chef can Farm > craft > Replant those seeds all in the same visit, very convenient. However many of us use different characters for different things. For example my chef is almost never in the home instance since he does ALL my crafting and uses ALL the stations. My home instance farmer is the one who goes in every day to farm the home instance and dailies. So he has to get the seeds early form the bank before going in to farm and plant.

While I greatly appreciate the work that went into this concept and hope that something like it will also be worked into Jeweler 500 ( <3 <3 <3 <3 ) I also hope that maybe Sept.17th can bring us an update to it that works more with current accessibility and features. Like having the oven accessible to all our characters home instances, ability for other players in your party to farm your ascended nodes (provided they have unlocked and planted ascended items) and have it removed from theirs after farming, It's something we can all hope for that would speak volumes to it's enjoyment! Only time will tell...

@"Cynder.2509" said:Well, you can access the bank from it which is nice because I absolutely hate using anything in crowded areas due to my anxiety and paranoia spiking up immensively that I get panic attacks (I always use the scribe station in the guild hall for bank access for example) and having a "private" space would be nice. I hope that maybe in the future we'll also unlock the other crafting stations in our homes as well. It would give the home instance some more progression and feel more like housing which Anet was actually going for with home instances. However I still hope that we'll get a "real" house later with maybe the same system like a mini guild hall (without guild bank, storage etc. of course). I have some ideas of what to put into such a housing feature but let's not drive away the focus from the thread.I would welcome the station being visible accountwide. You didn't spend all the expensive materials for the collection for nothing.

You can get the oven in the instance for any character less than 2/3g(depending on whether or not you sell the stuff afterwards). That is not particularly expensive. The rest of the cost of the collection has nothing to do with getting the oven in the instance.

I have 2 characters at level 500 chef and 2 @ 490+ soon to be 500 - it is a bit of a disappointment that the oven is not available to all my characters. I consider all my characters to be a tribe and therefore have access to account (community) base weapons, armour, materials held in storage via the bank.I also notice that the gourmet track potting area which I planted with 4 seeds in IS AVAILABLE to all my characters with the plants showing as growing in them. So if the gourmet potting area is available to all characters therefore the upgraded oven should be available. Regards to all.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@scarab dung.5841 said:I have 2 characters at level 500 chef and 2 @ 490+ soon to be 500 - it is a bit of a disappointment that the oven is not available to all my characters. I consider all my characters to be a tribe and therefore have access to account (community) base weapons, armour, materials held in storage via the bank.I also notice that the gourmet track potting area which I planted with 4 seeds in IS AVAILABLE to all my characters with the plants showing as growing in them. So if the gourmet potting area is available to all characters therefore the upgraded oven should be available. Regards to all.

I'm planning on levelling a second character to cooking 500 also, will the upgraded cooking station appear AT ALL on a 2nd 500? If NOT, is the difference only cosmetic, or will I have crafting restrictions of some kind too? many thanks.

• 3 years later...

Please fix this, even if it's intended. I made a separate character for cooking, did the Gourmet achievement on it just to get the home instance unlocks, and I can't even see the cooking station in my main character's home, which is just disappointing. All other home instance nodes are account bound, so why not this one? It just doesn't make any sense to max out cooking on all characters just to be able to see the cooking station that I already unlocked.

Odd, my Cooking character is human, but I always use the Sylvari Home Instance, and the cooking station is there.  I will have to try other Home Instances to see if it is there, as well.  Tried 3 Home Instances, and Cooking Station was found in all three. 

If you are expecting to see the cooking station with characters that do not have Cooking 425, then that is a different issue, and not unexpected. 

5 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Odd, my Cooking character is human, but I always use the Sylvari Home Instance, and the cooking station is there.  I will have to try other Home Instances to see if it is there, as well.  Tried 3 Home Instances, and Cooking Station was found in all three. 

If you are expecting to see the cooking station with characters that do not have Cooking 425, then that is a different issue, and not unexpected. 

The cooking station is always there no matter the city as long as the character is the 500 level chef.

I think the expectation is that it should be there for characters that aren't cooks.  I don't really see why though.

• Like 1