Scourge or Reaper for pve?

Legostyle.2718

I play both in PVE because If I have to wait for my pvp games to start, the least I can do Is do something in PVELike farming currency needed for Astral weapon achievements

Reapers feels smoother in PVE and kills things faster and is tankierThough I use full power gear for reaper and condi/thoughness gear for scourge

Open world: doesn't matter really, but reaper is simpler. Both can offer you protection in a pinch but scourge is a bit harder to do whereas you can always panicshroud as a reaper. Both have fantastic clearing ability, especially if you use epi as a condi scourge, but conditions take a bit to ramp up so power kills faster.

Fractals: in the same line as thought as we finish on in open world, due to the short nature of fractal encounters condi scourge is very niche whereas power reaper can immediately start off with high dps. Most of the time with fractals by the time a condi build ramps up enough conditions to start doing big damage the thing is already dead/about to die. This comes with the exception of heal scourge, which will give conditions but inherently isn't there to do damage, heal scourge provides barrier to protect their allies, in some fractals scourge is preferred over other healers.

Raids: depends on the encounter, lots of encounters prefer power damage to condi....HOWEVER. Condi scourge has a couple places where it gets unique roles in some encounters due 1. epidemic and 2. it can pretty much do all of it's dps at range. Heal scourge is also highly desired for a few bosses. Comparitively, reaper doesn't really have any special roles that only a reaper can take. That said, if you aren't that interested in raids to begin with then power reaper may be more appealing specifically due to its lack of special roles.

I will give you the best answer in my opinion i can: boon corrupt can be useful for higher tier of fractals, because of fractal instability and enemies buffing themselves in higher tier.

Scourge provides higher amount so i suppose on higher tiers that would be pretty useful.

condi corrupt is also very very useful because of the opposite is used against players and you can turn those nasty condis into useful boons.

reaper has boon rips which is very useful and reaper is standing at 31k dps which is viable for fractals and raids.

@"Methuselah.4376" said:They're both good for PvE. Reaper offers more damage but is melee oriented while scourge can offer ranged pressure with cleave.This... It comes down to your preferred style of play. It has nothing to do with anything else but that when you are starting out. "Better" is a matter of opinion. Do what fits you best. I don't think you will need fractal/raid advice just yet.