Getting tired of lag in WvW, unplayable

Draco.9480

Also, sorry to break it to you, but the SSD only helps loading times, not FPS,

You are dead wrong. It affects the lag associated with Zerg lag. I have seen it's huge impact when I went from SSD to HDD and back to SSD. 20 fps drop using SSD and down to 4 fps using a HDD. So unless you have switched and used both SSD and HDD? Your opinion means squat! Smh! Try it! Then get back to me. pfft

played the game on hdd and ssd, no difference at all except map loading.

@Draco.9480 said:

@Warrior Xsr.1672 said:If it makes you feel better. You are right. Smh..... Everyone else having that Zerg lag. Please try a SSD. :)

ssd has nothing to do with connection to the server. ssd is only to load maps, games, software, windows faster.

It's like saying that a restaurant has stock delivery problems, so it's going to fix that by replacing poor staff with better staff. Doesn't matter how fast your staff are at making a burger if the buns are still en route from the factory.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@Warrior Xsr.1672 said:If it makes you feel better. You are right. Smh..... Everyone else having that Zerg lag. Please try a SSD. :)

ssd has nothing to do with connection to the server. ssd is only to load maps, games, software, windows faster.

It's like saying that a restaurant has stock delivery problems, so it's going to fix that by replacing poor staff with better staff. Doesn't matter how fast your staff are at making a burger if the buns are still en route from the factory.

it has nothing to do with internet connection. ping is linked to internet trying to connect other servers, sends data and receives it back.fps is via gpu but in gw2 case it's majority on cpu cuz reasons. so stronger cpu more fps but in general games stronger gpu more fps.ssd means to load the map. the map is loaded, when it comes to fighting it's not using ssd anymore. it uses gpu+cpu for the graphics and data and online people that send skills and you send skills is about internet connection and the servers.

@Draco.9480 said:

it has nothing to do with internet connection. ping is linked to internet trying to connect other servers, sends data and receives it back.fps is via gpu but in gw2 case it's majority on cpu cuz reasons. so stronger cpu more fps but in general games stronger gpu more fps.ssd means to load the map. the map is loaded, when it comes to fighting it's not using ssd anymore. it uses gpu+cpu for the graphics and data and online people that send skills and you send skills is about internet connection and the servers.

It can be because of someones internet connection. Each person needs to test and make sure where the problem is happening, just assuming it's one thing because it is common does not mean it is the issue and it is always best to test to be sure in case it can be fixed on the users end. Even if the likely issue is the same as others here.

GW2 also doesn't use more CPU, people seem to think it's very demanding on the CPU when it's not. It is CPU bound however, but that is not due to how demanding it is, rather it is because of how the rendering pipeline is designed, it is single threaded and will only use a single core of the CPU, resulting in a bottleneck, most quad core CPUs wont even be 50-60% loaded while playing the game, but 1 core will be maxed out. This is why a high clocked quad core Intel CPU will do better than a 12 core AMD CPU in GW2 even though the AMD CPU has far more total processing power

The problem comes from the anet servers not being able to keep up with the combat and calculations being done, be that from not enough processing power, or limits on if the work load can be parallelized in how it's coded, or both. However, once that bottleneck happens, it will no longer respond to new requests from clients due to how it is queuing skills and processing and whatever priority hierarchy they have designed, however even then, once the cache fills up, all those new requests coming into the server are going to time out due to not getting a response and you end up with skills never being processed and never going off.

@Draco.9480 said:

@"Warrior Xsr.1672" said:If it makes you feel better. You are right. Smh..... Everyone else having that Zerg lag. Please try a SSD. :)

it has nothing to do with internet connection. ping is linked to internet trying to connect other servers, sends data and receives it back.

Right ... and that's NOT only about Anet and how they serve the game. So when you tell Anet to 'do something about it", what do you think that should be? They just buy the whole internet or something? Move where you live to their server room and hook you up direct?

We get it, you got lag. But that's NOT only Anet fault and it's probably reasonable to say that it's most NOT their fault. So maybe tone it down a smidge and have some self-restraint.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"Warrior Xsr.1672" said:If it makes you feel better. You are right. Smh..... Everyone else having that Zerg lag. Please try a SSD. :)

it has nothing to do with internet connection. ping is linked to internet trying to connect other servers, sends data and receives it back.

Right ... and that's NOT only about Anet and how they serve the game. So when you tell Anet to '
do something about it
", what do you think that should be? They just buy the whole internet or something? Move where you live to their server room and hook you up direct?

We get it, you got lag. But that's NOT only Anet fault and it's probably reasonable to say that it's most NOT their fault. So maybe tone it down a smidge and have some self-restraint.

you should tone down cuz you have no idea what you're talking about and didn't experience 3 blobs of 50 people at the same time. all 3 servers lagged at those days and you tell me to tone down and might be my internet's connection? my internet is perfect for any online game. it works good without any lag everywhere, only in gw2 in wvw with blobs it happens in majority of the days. you weren't in those servers nor was in my situations. entire squad were lagging and we wiped cuz of late skills or not working at all.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

It can be because of someones internet connection. Each person needs to test and make sure where the problem is happening, just assuming it's one thing because it is common does not mean it is the issue and it is always best to test to be sure in case it can be fixed on the users end. Even if the likely issue is the same as others here.

GW2 also doesn't use more CPU, people seem to think it's very demanding on the CPU when it's not. It is CPU bound however, but that is not due to how demanding it is, rather it is because of how the rendering pipeline is designed, it is single threaded and will only use a single core of the CPU, resulting in a bottleneck, most quad core CPUs wont even be 50-60% loaded while playing the game, but 1 core will be maxed out. This is why a high clocked quad core Intel CPU will do better than a 12 core AMD CPU in GW2 even though the AMD CPU has far more total processing power

The problem comes from the anet servers not being able to keep up with the combat and calculations being done, be that from not enough processing power, or limits on if the work load can be parallelized in how it's coded, or both. However, once that bottleneck happens, it will no longer respond to new requests from clients due to how it is queuing skills and processing and whatever priority hierarchy they have designed, however even then, once the cache fills up, all those new requests coming into the server are going to time out due to not getting a response and you end up with skills never being processed and never going off.

my internet connection is fine and lagless in all online games, it only happens in big servers in wvw with big blobs. gw2 demands cpu more than gpu. game of 2012 runs lower fps than games of 2015+. the engine is bad and so is the coding. and not talking about fps. we're talking about ping and rubberbanding.

@Draco.9480 said:

Right ... and that's NOT only about Anet and how they serve the game. So when you tell Anet to '
do something about it
", what do you think that should be? They just buy the whole internet or something? Move where you live to their server room and hook you up direct?

you should tone down cuz you have no idea what you're talking about and didn't experience 3 blobs of 50 people at the same time. all 3 servers lagged at those days and you tell me to tone down and might be my internet's connection? my internet is perfect for any online game. it works good without any lag everywhere, only in gw2 in wvw with blobs it happens in majority of the days. you weren't in those servers nor was in my situations. entire squad were lagging and we wiped cuz of late skills or not working at all.

Actually I got a good idea of what I'm talking about because this isn't the first game I've ever played that has lag or zerg battles. yes of course you're connection is perfect when you aren't in large scale fights. That doesn't mean that any lag you experience is all about Anet's side.

@Obtena.7952 said:

do something about it

Actually I got a good idea of what I'm talking about because this isn't the first game I've ever played that has lag or zerg battles. yes of course you're connection is perfect when you aren't in large scale fights. That doesn't mean that any lag you experience is all about Anet's side.

An anet dev posted on reddit the servers were experiencing severe problems and never posted again.

@c space cowboy.2764 said:

do something about it

An anet dev posted on reddit the servers were experiencing severe problems and never posted again.

so that means whenever there is lag, it's JUST Anet's problem? I think we put that myth to bed already. No reason to rehash it. Yup, they had some problems. They aren't the only part of that equation.

@grave of hearts.7830 said:The problem with lag is because of the constant boonspam and data transfer between players involved.

Long story short,if a guild that is composed by boonspam specs rolls into wvw it ruins the mode for everyone regardless if it's a friend or foe.

Expect more aoe spam of everything even on passives on next elite specs.

They need to look better then PoF specs.... for players feel the need of playing new gimmicks.