Aurene outfit code during stream

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:You are a worldwide game, please consider how this affects many people.

It doesn't. This is literally a video game and if you don't get this item it will absolutely in no way whatsoever negatively impact your life.

I'm sure Epic or EA is hiring for that kind of PR mentality. Going out of ones way to shoot down anything negative said about a decision that more than one person is concerned about is bias and ignorance. Sure it's a video game, but I highly doubt you would give up your GW2 account if someone asked you to. Any virtual item can have value to people and it doesn't have to have a monetary value attached. Legendaries have value for the time and work involved. Holiday items can have value for the window of time and novelty. Guild and raid obtained items as well. The list can go on and on, and for a collector something rare is going to have value to them as well. So while it might not affect ones life overall, those people who voiced their concerns still are missing out and have every right to speak on it. It isn't for you to decide what has value to someone else. Come to think of it, that's Blizz mentality as well.

Um yeah, last I checked there was no Aurene outfit promised to me when I purchased this game, expansions and gem store items. That means I do not deserve it regardless of how much I've played or contributed. Everyone here got what they paid for or can contact support if not. It is cool that they do fun stuff every so often. Frankly I wish they'd stop doing any kind of give away so I can stop seeing the forum threads go off topic into ridiculous entitlement responses.

I hope some of you get it when it drops. I really hope it's none of the complainers.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"sorudo.9054" said:it's probably yet another gem store item they give away in advance to streamers, many would not be able to watch and not many will see this as a good thing on Anet's account.

This is probably the closest to correct answer that has been given, might I suggest to everyone to read the announcement several times, slowly if you have to, because the way I read it and interpret it is that those watching on Twitch as well as the partnered Streamers will get a code for an Ascended Aurene Clothing Outfit, as will every single person in attendance at the event itself...which to me means that those who get a code will be able to enter the code into the Gem Store when it becomes available and receive it for "free", while anyone not getting a code has the option to purchase it. I may or may not be right, but that's how I read it.

So you think this statement means everyone watching will get codes?

During the stream, we’ll give away some codes for an Ascended Aurene Clothing Outfit

Why would they not write codes to everyone instead of some codes?

I read some codes as few the very lucky ones

I never said all, and I don't believe the person I quoted said all either, and my statement was based on that persons quote...should I have reiterated that it was some viewers would be getting a code for verification...probably, since there's a wider audience that might read this and might not get the intention. Also, I did say this is what I perceive the outcome to be, I could be wrong just like everyone else that is speculating about this...no one knows except those at ArenaNet and the ones that have already been told about it.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Why do people think it will be a Gem Store item? The last Outfit given away wasn't available in the Gem Store; nor the one before that, I believe.

That's one interpretation you can get from the announcement, but not the only one, which is why some people are stating that, unfortunately we're all basically guessing at this point since the only ones that really know are ArenaNet and those already told about it. The only thing we know for a fact is that everyone in attendance gets a code and some of the people watching the stream on Twitch and watching it with those entities listed that are sharing the stream,

Or Arenanet you can you know lets us replay the streams for the codes you give out. It's not that hard really. Leave your stream up so all can replay it. I am off actually and will be able to watch it. Now I wonder how this will work, I can screenshot all the codes and give them out myself to all here if that would work. Being the codes work for everyone. Or I can just link it to my dropbox for anyone to take.

@Tony.8659 said:Or Arenanet you can you know lets us replay the streams for the codes you give out. It's not that hard really. Leave your stream up so all can replay it. I am off actually and will be able to watch it. Now I wonder how this will work, I can screenshot all the codes and give them out myself to all here if that would work. Being the codes work for everyone. Or I can just link it to my dropbox for anyone to take.

I thought it was a one time use code so dident bother with it not as quick as the young wippersnappers.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Tony.8659 said:Or Arenanet you can you know lets us replay the streams for the codes you give out. It's not that hard really. Leave your stream up so all can replay it. I am off actually and will be able to watch it. Now I wonder how this will work, I can screenshot all the codes and give them out myself to all here if that would work. Being the codes work for everyone. Or I can just link it to my dropbox for anyone to take.

I thought it was a one time use code so dident bother with it not as quick as the young wippersnappers.

I'm not sure. if it's for everyone watching the stream then it must work for everyone.

@Tiviana.2650 said:

@"Frostfang.5109" said:What time is this giveaway/livestream in Sweden? And yes, I agree, why not make it a bit more fair to more ppl.

In GMT +2 (which covers germany, I think) the stream starts at 1800 hours (or 6pm) on a friday. So, I mean, it's not the worst time in the world if you exclude personal circumstance.

In NA its straight up work school time.

Indeed.

I will be missing the "live" stream since I am volunteering at my sons school so no chance for me either.