Predictions for LW preview on Aug 30

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will get Build Templates that's for sure. As much as I want new Elite Specs, I want them to stay an Expac content ... They HAVE to (at least) tease an Expansion, this way players will have something to look forward to and that will make LW5 as we're building for something greater , unless they going to make LW5 the new EXPANSION where we will get rapid fire episodes, with content similar to expansions and we will have to pay for the LW ... they made it clear that the next story will involve Jormag ... but I don't think we're going to fight it ... because Anet made it clear that Elder dragons are not a threat anymore, we got one of them by our side, and Kralka was a bad boy just becasue of the magics inside him (Tho Destiny's Edge fought him back when he had no magics tormenting him... choices Anet).

There will never be another credible or interesting story (has there even been one? ) since we have an immortal crystal elder dragon god controlling the powers of spirit, fire and death and capable of devouring the reality itself at our side, there cannot be expectations of a good story, so I hope there will at least be good stuff like elite specializations...

LWS5, just from the posters, it seems ice and fire. Beyond that it is impossible to guess.

Considering that it is supposed to be around 45 minutes, I assume there will be more.

Unless there are some major additions that change game play (like new elites, weapons or skills), then the game is on statis till that happens. And that will be it for the game in terms of population.

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:You liked Box in a Box from a bag? How about the new box in a bag with a bag of boxes with a bag that when opened give you an unidentified Blue bag! This blue bag can be opened with a chance at a Green unidentified box! If you pray hard enough to RNJesus that Green box might, just might give you a bag! And in this bag is a box! That box has one in billion chance to be an identified rare bag! Oh, you'll get a white spike too.

Sometimes when I am opening crap in my inventory, I feel like all I am doing is playing with russian dolls. Mean russian dolls that like to get my hopes up that at the end of it there will be something that was worth my time in opening them.

New Playable RaceNew Major City to go with said raceNew Class with 2 specializationsMore Crafting Stations for our Home InstanceBuild TemplatesNew PvP map(s)New Borderland Map(s)AlliancesNew siegeNew Mount that will be water/land mix so it can be used in bothLegendary FoodMini battle arena where minis fight one anotherSpecializations only give access to trait lines/utilities and have no impact on weapon restrictionsAll weapons become available for every classNew race specific abilities as well as enhance the old onesNew Fractal(s) and new CMsRaid trainerNew PvE map that is not sand basedRevamp of legacy code to fix old quirks such as not being able to dye back piece.

My expectations are high. I'm not sure any of that will happen to be honest. But I can dream.

@Daroon.1736 said:a 'Hall of Heroes' feature will be added to GW2 to start collecting exclusive rewards.

Regardless of the Hall of Monuments, I sincerely hope they will do something with the Eye of the North! <3 Hopefully during this season, since we are obviously heading north. :) It's such a cool historical location, it would be a shame to leave it abandoned much longer.

@chad.8701 said:

@chad.8701 said:Only thing I'm expecting is for them to talk about new living story.I'm sure I'll still be disappointed.

Sadly my expectations were correct

Stream is still going, but I hope there will be something big announced at the very end. The new LW looks good, and I'm really glad there are going to be character and gear build templates. Free glider etc. for people who already own HoT is nice too. But yeah, I want MOAR.

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:

@chad.8701 said:Only thing I'm expecting is for them to talk about new living story.I'm sure I'll still be disappointed.

Stream is still going, but I hope there will be something big announced at the very end.

Unlikely. They are now talking merchandizing, which seems to be the last point of the event. I don't think they'd drop anything important at the last moment now.Edit: yeah, that was it./gg

@Astralporing.1957 said:

Stream is still going, but I hope there will be something big announced at the very end.

Unlikely. They are now talking merchandizing, which seems to be the last point of the event. I don't think they'd drop anything important at the last moment now.

Sad but true. I don't know how to feel right now. Sigh.

@Thundabolt.8541 said:Well, that was not the barrel of surprises I was praying for.

For the first time, I'm finally accepting what everyone's been saying all along.

Guild Wars 2 is dying.

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:

Stream is still going, but I hope there will be something big announced at the very end. The new LW looks good, and I'm really glad there are going to be character and gear build templates. Free glider etc. for people who already own HoT is nice too. But yeah, I want MOAR.

@LucianDK.8615 said:Sounds rather underwhelming so far.

Unlikely. They are now talking merchandizing, which seems to be the last point of the event. I don't think they'd drop anything important at the last moment now.

Sad but true. I don't know how to feel right now. Sigh.

I guess without trying to sound like a curmudgeon, what did you expect?

They said

• ‘LW5 announcement’ check
  • ‘Expansion level content’ check (build templates)

And that’s it...

Oh well, that's that and back to other things again. :/

Sadly don't understand the need for such a big live event for showcasing this.

I mean, sure well done for the hard work - I don't want to undermine anyone who has put work into creating future content, but I wish I had spent those 45 mins doing something, anything else.

(I was more excited by the patch for Gwent today).

That was underwhelming. Even less than I expected.

This could have just been a living story trailer as usual.

They also didn't go into dates, or time frames. Like, sure, we get the "prologue" episode on the 17th, but they didn't talk about the expected time frame between episodes like how long till episode 1, or 2. How many episodes.

They spent more time talking about marketing and bundle discounts than they did the actual content.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:That was underwhelming. Even less than I expected.

This could have just been a living story trailer as usual.

They also didn't go into dates, or time frames. Like, sure, we get the "prologue" episode on the 17th, but they didn't talk about the expected time frame between episodes like how long till episode 1, or 2. How many episodes.

They spent more time talking about marketing and bundle discounts than they did the actual content.

I noticed that an actual start date was missing. Sept 17 is the Prologue but what comes next and when it starts? shrug

Disappointed in their choice of using Hot Topic for shirts. Hot Topic shirts are garbage quality. They shrink a full size after 1 washing and any image on them disappears after a couple of months of wear-n-wash.

But they got an awful lot of companies to sign up to sell merchandise. That might just say there may be a lot of good news in GW2-future compared to some other MMO's.

Prologue ... and when again is halloween? End of october? I guess they could fit in the actual start after the prologue before that. If the prologue is very short. Then a longer wait time until the next release. Also might depend on what other stuff they have to fill the time/gaps. (You see ... they seem to never want to be without event/release ... constantly every few weeks something new. Build templates might also make for a big release seperated from a story release.)

The things that were revealed were mostly story-related, which is great! Back up north to GW1's "Eye of the North" zones! Koda, Norn, Charr - what's not to love? <3

Only downside: they still won't let us play Koda characters. :/

@"cptaylor.2670" said:They also didn't go into dates, or time frames.

September 17 is what they said, no?